• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Xenoblade / XCX social thread

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Sorry if I was too vague. I know where the collectapedia is, I'm just wondering if there is something in the game that states exactly where to find things. The collectapedia is not very helpful in that regard. I'm looking for sometimg that says "find this near NLA, find this in the mire." Is there anything like that in the game?
Oh well best i can say is i been searching up topic on Gamefaqs to find items.

i really recommend doing this for the Skell licence mission. One of the items you have to find can be a pain without some help on how to get it.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
The history of the free report: Launch: "Man this game is awesome!" 2 days after launch: "Press L+A to get a free Skell!" Now: "Never press L+A. It's a trap." Future?: "Press L+A to stop the L+A posts."

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Around Chapter 5 but I FRICKIN' STARTED IT WITHOUT REALIZING ALL THE ENEMIES WERE LEVEL 20 AND I'M JUST A LEVEL 14 SO I'VE BEEN GRINDING AND IT'S REALLY FRICKIN' HARD WITHOUT AFFINITY MISSIONS.

PiyozR

Senior Squid
NNID
titanmkiii
I'm Level 26 and I've barely been touching the story. Only done with Chapter 4. I spend hours upon hours wandering across Mira and I've only surveyed a fraction of these continents. I haven't even explored Cauldros much yet. I've done some quests here and there but for me it's all exploring, setting Probes, and filling the Collectopedia.

This game is everything I'd dreamed it would be.

Bronze

Inkling
NNID
mountainboat
I'm about level 20 and finished chapter 5, which to me seems like where the game really picks up. I've done a good amount of exploring around the three mainland continents. Haven't even touched cauldros, and barely anywhere in sylvalum.

As far as gathering missions go, I generally wait until I have all of the materials before accepting them like GameXplain or Chuggaaconroy said.

Around Chapter 5 but I FRICKIN' STARTED IT WITHOUT REALIZING ALL THE ENEMIES WERE LEVEL 20 AND I'M JUST A LEVEL 14 SO I'VE BEEN GRINDING AND IT'S REALLY FRICKIN' HARD WITHOUT AFFINITY MISSIONS.
Just go explore continents and pick up missions around there. You can explore a decent chunk of Noctilum fine, Sylvalum is a bit pushy. You'll probably need to be at least 18 before tackling that chapter. I like to hammer out all affinity missions I can before accepting a chapter mission.

On another note, is everyone feeling like they have piles of miranium just coming in? Cause I'm always hitting my 15000 max every 40 minutes or so, and I've mostly just been dumping them into AMs, even though I should make weapon augments.

Can't decide if Commander Vandham or Linly is my favorite character. Partly because I accidently choose the hilarious skell option at the start of game.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Just got done with Chapter 10 and Jesus Christ it feel like that game just throw everything it had in that Chapter. You really need to have a Skells with good gear in that part.

Aracily

Inkster Jr.
Ayyyy Chapter 10 Level 50!

Save up your $, make sure your partners have skells too and you'll make it.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Does anyone have any idea how the heck to do squad missions? They're never available and I can't seem to figure out how to make them active to recruit members. Thanks in advance!

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...z/xenoblade_x_multiplayer_information_thread/

That thread helped me understand much of the multiplayer aspect of splatoon.
Not Splatoon, Xenoblade but thanks!
I have some good news, in an interview with Fiora's voice actor found here: http://nintendonews.com/interviews/voice-actress-carina-reeves-career-xenoblade/
she states that she is working on a video game project. Might not be Xenoblade related but exciting nonetheless.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
24+ hours in, my current level is 20. I have some grinding to do. Tip: use XP augenements.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Okay, more questions. <_< Just got my Skell, wrecked it, went back to barracks, it said that insurance covered it, but now I can't find my skell anywhere. Not even when I fast travel. Please help. <_<

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I'm about 6 hours into this game.

I've only been through Primordia, but this game looks gorgeous! Moon jump ftw and that enemy design, tho.

I really think Monolith did a good job off adding to the last game's controls so that this game could be even more exploration based. The auto-run, increased swim speed and aerial cam are much appreciated, though I wish there was a fast travel to NLA from the outside (am I missing that?)

Also, Elma going "guys its critical that we find these people!! then characters casual walk in cutscene + cutscene lingers a little longer than it needs to. Dramatically pans towards sky. Haven't been through much of the storyline (should I expect more?), but heh.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Okay, more questions. <_< Just got my Skell, wrecked it, went back to barracks, it said that insurance covered it, but now I can't find my skell anywhere. Not even when I fast travel. Please help. <_<
Make sure you didn't unregister it by accident.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
I'm about 6 hours into this game.

I've only been through Primordia, but this game looks gorgeous! Moon jump ftw and that enemy design, tho.

I really think Monolith did a good job off adding to the last game's controls so that this game could be even more exploration based. The auto-run, increased swim speed and aerial cam are much appreciated, though I wish there was a fast travel to NLA from the outside (am I missing that?)

Also, Elma going "guys its critical that we find these people!! then characters casual walk in cutscene + cutscene lingers a little longer than it needs to. Dramatically pans towards sky. Haven't been through much of the storyline (should I expect more?), but heh.
it's really not a good idea to expect much from the story it's Meh to pretty stupid. Also you can fast travel to NLA just tap the top left icon and pick the district that you want to go to. Any Hexagon that has that icon on the bottom left you can fast travel too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom