• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Xenoblade / XCX social thread

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Im kinda annoyed at how gamexplain made it seem like its easy to get into and will no longer rely on thier reviews. After reading my guide book, the manual, and faqs, im finally starting to have fun. Still dont understand ALOT but still starting to have fun.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
After looking at some game play from another, it does look interesting. I am that biggest fan of mechs but I love open world exploring. I might buy on Friday and try it out myself :)

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
After looking at some game play from another, it does look interesting. I am that biggest fan of mechs but I love open world exploring. I might buy on Friday and try it out myself :)
I warn you, it's really complicated and you have to keep a lot of info in your head. I don't know how I've managed, with schoolwork and all, but I've been braindead for the last few days because of all the info.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I'm a hour in, and idk wtf I'm doing yet. They could have explained things a bit in the start. WOULD HAVE BEEN APPRECIATED.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I warn you, it's really complicated and you have to keep a lot of info in your head. I don't know how I've managed, with schoolwork and all, but I've been braindead for the last few days because of all the info.
Well, my last day school in this wed. So I have a month to learn this game. Wish me luck Lol :P

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but does anybody know of a collectapedia map? Like where it shows where to find everything, cause all the collectapedia says is "in primordia", seriously? That's rather broad. If this is already in the game can somebody tell we where, cause I didn't see anything.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but does anybody know of a collectapedia map? Like where it shows where to find everything, cause all the collectapedia says is "in primordia", seriously? That's rather broad. If this is already in the game can somebody tell we where, cause I didn't see anything.
- look at your main menu
- go to intel

it should be there

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
I'm a hour in, and idk wtf I'm doing yet. They could have explained things a bit in the start. WOULD HAVE BEEN APPRECIATED.
It was overwhelming for me, but I got the hang of everything. Just use the in-game manual if you don't know or forgot something.

The game has complex systems; probably would have been boring if they gave a tutorial on everything.

I kept myself from watching most videos before launch so I could stay surprised. I had no idea how incredibly massive the landscapes were. I heard "big", but I wasn't imagining this scale. I had to swim across the ocean just to get to a mission on another continent. Took me about 15 minutes. Thank you, autorun.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the male character I wanted. The only flaw is the character creator. I had to delete the male I made because not only was I displeased with the look, the voice actor I chose closest to what I wanted for my concept (not very close) had horribly scripted lines, saying things like "Easy peasy!" after every battle. After about 3 hours of that...yeah I just couldn't ****n' stand it any longer. I just made Shion Uzuki from Xenosaga and called it a day.

Last edited:

97Stephen

Pro Squid
- look at your main menu
- go to intel

it should be there
Sorry if I was too vague. I know where the collectapedia is, I'm just wondering if there is something in the game that states exactly where to find things. The collectapedia is not very helpful in that regard. I'm looking for sometimg that says "find this near NLA, find this in the mire." Is there anything like that in the game?

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Sorry if I was too vague. I know where the collectapedia is, I'm just wondering if there is something in the game that states exactly where to find things. The collectapedia is not very helpful in that regard. I'm looking for sometimg that says "find this near NLA, find this in the mire." Is there anything like that in the game?
Not that I know of. Usually, players use Free Report for that. Too bad it's riddled with L+A spam.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Not that I know of. Usually, players use Free Report for that. Too bad it's riddled with L+A spam.
Thanks. I keep getting fetch quests except I can't find anything:(. O well, I guess I'll just have to start a notebook.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
I think it encourages exploration. This game doesn't hold hands, and I like it.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Yeah, I like that too. It's just once in a while I don't want to spend an hour or more running all over primordia trying to find one item.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Yeah, I like that too. It's just once in a while I don't want to spend an hour or more running all over primordia trying to find one item.
We're in it for the long run. I still haven't gotten my Skell.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
15 hours in and JUST learned the following:

I could level up allies skills
Melee skills can build tp faster
I probaly should switch to melee when my raygun is on cooldown.
Exclmation mark in an enemy means they are part of one of my missions.
How to knowingly survey

Maybe by hour 25 there will be little left to learn. Doubtful...still fun tho

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Does anybody here have the prima guide? I'm wondering how useful and accurate the information in it is. I'm thinking about buying it to use once I finish or if I get really stuck.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Does anybody here have the prima guide? I'm wondering how useful and accurate the information in it is. I'm thinking about buying it to use once I finish or if I get really stuck.
I have it. I havnt put its usefulness to the test yet tho

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Does it have where to find items out in the wild (the little blue things)?
I breifly saw something like that...i think. Ill confirm when i get home.

edit: Yes. As in it tells you the general area where its found. Like it circles specific regrions of lets say Primordia and by item rarity it lists which region the items are located.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom