• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Xmastival! a TournaMeme [19 December 2015]

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
I think so too! (We're at 151 atm :D)

And I promise you that you will actually get a team.

Also, I didn't get the reference but I replied anyway. Huh :cool:
Well you got me there about the reference(...undertale..), I hope there is a splash-o-matic team. Also imgoing to change my ign to a really bad xXXx name
Like xXLOOtXx fo tha memes

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Well you got me there about the reference(...undertale..), I hope there is a splash-o-matic team. Also imgoing to change my ign to a really bad xXXx name
Like xXLOOtXx fo tha memes
Splash o mystic is meme enough but I'm thinking it may be a bit too powerful idk though

jason1637

Senior Squid
NNID
jason1637
I think so too! (We're at 151 atm :D)

And I promise you that you will actually get a team.

Also, I didn't get the reference but I replied anyway. Huh :cool:
With 151 are you sure that this tournament will last December 19th only?

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
hey you asked for my squad name and i was wondering why? if i could get with my squad that would be awesome

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
also can you consider a splaterscope team? I think that one charger is op but to many isn't also they would have to play defensive so they would be at a slight
disadvantage

Njok

Bouncer
hey you asked for my squad name and i was wondering why? if i could get with my squad that would be awesome
We ask rank, weapon and squad so we have an idea of what kind of player you are and on which team to put you. We probably won't be putting people from the same squad together, but it's not impossible to end up on a team with 1 squiddo from your squad.

About the splatterscope, you're right that 4 splatterscopes vs a normal composition would probably not work too well. But against 4 weaker weapons it is probably a bit too strong.

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
We ask rank, weapon and squad so we have an idea of what kind of player you are and on which team to put you. We probably won't be putting people from the same squad together, but it's not impossible to end up on a team with 1 squiddo from your squad.

About the splatterscope, you're right that 4 splatterscopes vs a normal composition would probably not work too well. But against 4 weaker weapons it is probably a bit too strong.
Ya that makes sense im hoping that there will maybe be a splaterscope team but i could see it be OP it just depends

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
also how are we going to do the tournament if there are over 151 players signed up? Normally in a tournament everyone would join different private battles and would have to be "Nintendo friends" with the admin. Right? (Sorry for all the questions. Im just wondering)
:wst_charge_normalscp00:

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
also how are we going to do the tournament if there are over 151 players signed up? Normally in a tournament everyone would join different private battles and would have to be "Nintendo friends" with the admin. Right? (Sorry for all the questions. Im just wondering)
:wst_charge_normalscp00:
It'll be exactly as you would in any other tournament. For example:

One rep from team Aerospray will add the other 3 members on his team. When team Aerospray goes up against another team, say - team sploosh. Both reps will add each other. Once the private battle is created, Aerospray members will join through their rep, and Sploosh members will join through theirs. Simple

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
It'll be exactly as you would in any other tournament. For example:

One rep from team Aerospray will add the other 3 members on his team. When team Aerospray goes up against another team, say - team sploosh. Both reps will add each other. Once the private battle is created, Aerospray members will join through their rep, and Sploosh members will join through theirs. Simple
ok thx

Njok

Bouncer
Updated OP.

Due to a few more entrants than we expected (which is amazing!!), we won't be able to do a knockout stage after the group stage and the matches will be best of three (Bo3). Every team will play 6 rounds in the Swiss style bracket. Each round will have a theme, so keep an eye out on the #Maplist channel on discord as we're releasing them one by one (I'll also post them in the OP once they are all released).

Pre check in has started, and everyone will be placed on a team upon Pre check in. We will release the teams on the day of the tournaments.

This doesn't mean sign ups are closed tho. Feel free to sign up still if you haven't yet :)

Looking forward to it :)

Grand E

Pro Squid
NNID
Zoroan
Hello is this the 8/7 CET time like 1/12 pm like around noon in US central time right?

Njok

Bouncer
You can find the starting time in the OP.

Here it is again:

11AM PST / 2 PM EST / 7 PM GMT / 8 PM CET

This would translate into 1 pm CST :)

Nin404

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7673-7485-2697
This tournament looks to be amazing! Can you tell me were to find the OP. (#IBNewb)

Grand E

Pro Squid
NNID
Zoroan
I'm sorry I'll cancel my entry something came up and I can not make it in a few hours ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom