• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

YO-KAI WATCH Social Thred.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
People are complaining about not choosing moves too! Guys, calm down. Yo-Kai have lives to live, and sometimes want to be independant. For example, in one of the episode when Jibanyan was summoned, he said he doesn't have time for this and he was shown reading a to-do list. Also, the automatic move thing is what makes Yo-Kai watch unique, if it was a choose-your-move thing, it might as well be called a Pokemon ripoff for the rest of its life then.
They should be glad it doesn't play like Pokemon and instead is a more unique game. I'd rather have a game that tries its own thing instead of ripping another game off. If the game did indeed rip-off Pokemon as a whole, then I would be angry about it.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm running out of games to buy and I'm thinking about this one. It looks so good graphically and I'm interested in some of the monsters you can collect. Pokemon is getting more stale than the bread at my house so I'm thinking of shaking it up with this game.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm running out of games to buy and I'm thinking about this one. It looks so good graphically and I'm interested in some of the monsters you can collect. Pokemon is getting more stale than the bread at my house so I'm thinking of shaking it up with this game.
You'll love it, trust me. It's far more interesting than the current Pokemon games. I know I'm already loving the heck out of it. <3

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
You'll love it, trust me. It's far more interesting than the current Pokemon games. I know I'm already loving the heck out of it. <3
Well, there you go. I'll have to order it from amazon once I get some extra cash due to having a full SD card. I'll be buying it hopefully by next week. I can't wait to play it!

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I'm currently uploading the entire 'Original Soundtrack' on You Tube; especially since I don't really see it anywhere. (Not all of it at least).
So if anyone is interested in listening to the soundtracks, I am making a playlist here!:

All the uploads are not complete, but uploading them as I go!

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
So I played the demo of the game on my brother's 3DS (The SD card on my system is full) and I wasn't expecting much actually. The game looked kinda boring from Nintendo's newest Direct. Anyway, impressions and junk....

HOLY CARP THIS GAME IS AWESOME!! Dear squid I love the details of the game and the charm is so great. The graphics are flipping gorgeous, and the battle system is intense as heck, I loved digging under soda machines, under cars, and checking grass and trees. I loved the designs of the YO-KAI and I was smiling the whole time. Why did I ignore this amazing game? I was so pumped from it, I ordered it from Amazon with one day shipping! I want to play the full version soooooooo bad.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
So I played the demo of the game on my brother's 3DS (The SD card on my system is full) and I wasn't expecting much actually. The game looked kinda boring from Nintendo's newest Direct. Anyway, impressions and junk....

HOLY CARP THIS GAME IS AWESOME!! Dear squid I love the details of the game and the charm is so great. The graphics are flipping gorgeous, and the battle system is intense as heck, I loved digging under soda machines, under cars, and checking grass and trees. I loved the designs of the YO-KAI and I was smiling the whole time. Why did I ignore this amazing game? I was so pumped from it, I ordered it from Amazon with one day shipping! I want to play the full version soooooooo bad.
Hahah! It's really nice to know that the franchise is getting more love!
Well, I mean, I know it's incredibly popular in japan, but it still has it's fair share of people who look down on it, and won't even give it a chance regardless if they would like it or not! You know what they say: 'Don't always judge a book by its cover.' and, 'Don't knock until you try it.'

Then there are the people who compare it to Pokemon, and because their expectations are so high on the matter, they end up not really enjoying it as much it as they potentially could have.
I guess by appearance, it may not seem like much to some people, but it's really great, and I'm glad to know you're enjoying it too!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Then there are the people who compare it to Pokemon, and because their expectations are so high on the matter, they end up not really enjoying it as much it as they potentially could have.
I guess by appearance, it may not seem like much to some people, but it's really great, and I'm glad to know you're enjoying it too!
This is one of the reasons why I can't stand most Pokemon fans bashing on something like Yo-Kai Watch because apparently it's a Pokemon rip-off to them. Don't call something a rip-off if you haven't tried it. They're like this towards other series like Digimon & Monster Rancher, too.

As for me, I love the series so far. Did I mention I ordered Jibanyan & Komasan plushies from eBay and they'll be coming either next week or after? That's how much I love it. XD

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
It's being delivered today? On a Sunday? Amazon, are you messing with me? Then again, they delivered Yoshi's Wooly World on Veteran's Day so I don't think you are. I can't wait to play it later if that's the case.

This is one of the reasons why I can't stand most Pokemon fans bashing on something like Yo-Kai Watch because apparently it's a Pokemon rip-off to them. Don't call something a rip-off if you haven't tried it. They're like this towards other series like Digimon & Monster Rancher, too.

As for me, I love the series so far. Did I mention I ordered Jibanyan & Komasan plushies from eBay and they'll be coming either next week or after? That's how much I love it. XD
I don't mean to be rude when I say this but, a lot of Pokemon fans are very critical of other similar series for a long time, not only that, a good portion of them are raging perverts. Not all of them are bad mind you, like the Pokemon fans here are pretty chill, but I can't stand people who insult games they clearly haven't played and then try to convince others to not buy it. This game feels completely fresh and I can't wait to play it and I'll keep a open mind about new IPs in the future.

I'm glad you recommended it to me. I'd never have played the demo, and I'd never know how amazing this game is!
Hahah! It's really nice to know that the franchise is getting more love!
Well, I mean, I know it's incredibly popular in japan, but it still has it's fair share of people who look down on it, and won't even give it a chance regardless if they would like it or not! You know what they say: 'Don't always judge a book by its cover.' and, 'Don't knock until you try it.'

Yeah, I was surprised the moment I booted up the game. The production values are amazing and the graphics make Pokemon look like a DS game. I'll try to recommend it to more people to help the series out. My boss of my group is rather interested in it and so are a couple of others in my group. If they see me enjoy it as much as I have, they may drop the cash to buy it too. And yeah, lesson learned. Don't judge a book by it's cover! I'm so excited to play it when it gets here!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I still love Pokemon, but I do have to agree that the series has been getting too stale in recent years. It doesn't help that ever since the B/W games, they seem to be getting easier & easier. Yo-Kai Watch is pretty much a breath of fresh air and I can tell it'll probably get a bit challenging later on. People need to give this series a chance. Just because it screams 'too Japanese' to them, that shouldn't scare them away. I mean, I've played games that are 'too Japanese' before, but I still love them just for how fun they are.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Well, this game took over my life. Also, this game actually has difficulty. Which Pokemon's Gen 6 lacks dearly. This game likely would have been harder if I didn't get stupidly lucky and pulled Eterna from my first purple coin. I'll admit, she's making the game easier than it should be. Karma came back in full swing and gave me a Golden Doll from the 5 Star Coin.

14 hours in and I have my "B" watch and I'm about to go find out what's up with Eddie in a sec. The game's difficulty mostly comes from the boss fights, which are really well done. It took me forever to figure out the game's mechanics, case and point, it's more or less it's own thing and not really a Pokemon knock-off. I'm really enjoying Springdale and all of the Yokai in the world. I got a pretty decent team going, but Hungramps needs to evolve and Multimutt and Rattelle are underleveled.

Terror Time always catches me off guard and I can only pull two chests before one of the little onis catch me and I have to book it for the door. Amazing game so far, I really hope the sequel comes over here. Although many complain about the befriending mechanic, I just throw expensive food at them and they'll eventually consider, works for me. I'm a grinder by nature, so it doesn't bother me.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Eterna from my first purple coin.
Holy cow! Lucky LOL
I haven't been getting any S rank Yokai so far, and at the moment I'm trying to get Frostail, and so far no luck</3

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Holy cow! Lucky LOL
I haven't been getting any S rank Yokai so far, and at the moment I'm trying to get Frostail, and so far no luck</3
Hey, thanks. When I first got her, I was wondering, "Is that good?" I see she's an "Rare S" rank and I was like, "yup".

So, I finally beat the game! I mean, it wasn't long, and the real game has just begun as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, major Yokai Watch spoilers.

The final boss against McKraken was a real doozy and he defeated me at least three times! It was odd though that the major antagonist wasn't even introduced until near the end of the game, and I knew he had a second form or fight. The first one wasn't bad, but the second one was brutal. All of that purifying. My team at the end was Eterna, Multimutt, Venoct, Draggie, Baddiyan, and Frostina. All in the mid 30's so he kicked us around for a bit.

I'm trying to get Kyubi right now and I read how much of a pain it is to recruit him. It is a serious pain. I recently just got myself Tengu and Dromp and I'll fight the last one tomorrow. I got the sword, I just need to warp to the graveyard at night and go beat up Zerberker. And then I'll need to go to the Inferno and find Mama Aura which means having to beat up stronger bosses and having to grind a little so I don't get destroyed. And then get said item from Mama Aura which can take awhile. And THEN fight Kyubi and recruit him. I hope he's worth the effort.

Also, Draggie and Frostina evolved into their stronger forms. Which is great. I also grabbed a Grumple and evolved her into a Everfore which for now is serving as a teammate to Eterna. I'm planning on farming Vampire Fangs because I heard it's a top tier item that's practically required for the Inferno later on.

EDIT: Well, I got Kyubi. What a pain. Right now I'm focusing on getting the Legend and Rare S rank Yokai. I got Dandoodle and Shogunyan and I'm currently grinding them. I also got Corptain and Axevil after so many retries. It took me forever to get Sandi and Azure Dragon but I finally got them. After Dandoodle, Shogunyan, and Corptain get to a decent level, I'll go for Pepillon likely.

I never bother to farm the Vampire Fangs because I'm so busy doing other things. Oh well. Also, what is going on with Axevil's voice?! That voice should not be coming out of his mouth!

EDIT: Crank-a-Kai is still not playing nice. I got Skelbella and Singcada from it but I only got 4 coins left and I don't think I'll get Damona at this rate.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
So far no release date for Europe :(
I'm really bummed out Europe gets screwed over with another game. This is a really fun and addictive game and I'd love for you guys to play it right now. :(

While we are on that topic, I must ask, which Yo-Kai is your favorite?
Jibanyan. His voice, appearance, and evolutions (Baddinyan is boss and helped me take down the final boss) are amazing and I actually love the guy a lot, I prefer him over Pikachu any day. I just wish there was an S rank version of him that isn't a robot (I am aware of YW2 having exactly that).

Recently, I've been cheating the Crank-a-kai with the cam cheat, I'm sorry. I'm trying to get one rare a day. Yesterday was Demona and she took over 150 coins, I wish I was kidding. Today was Frostail and he only took about 30 coins. Tomorrow I'll be going for Shadow Venoct. It would've taken over a year from what I can tell to get all of them. Thank god for YW2 allowing you to catch them outside of the Crank-a-Kai. YW2 will actually punish you hard for cheating unlike the skippable cutscene with the Red Oni in YW1 so I won't be doing that next game, I'll probably set up trades with you guys so we can all finish our medallion.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Yeah, it takes a crazy amount of coins for the RARE ones, A lot of people end up doing the exploit, because without it, it really COULD take years to get them considering it is predetermined.
As for favorite Yokai, I'd probably say Jibanyan, and Kyubi.

I'm a Youkai lover in general and I study the folklore, so I like Nekomata/Bakenekos, which is what Jibanyan is based from and Kumihos, which is Kyubi~
Although.. There are a couple more I really like..

I guess I can say my favorite Yokai in the franchise would be:

Jibanyan
Shoganyan (Pretty much all the Nekomata/Bakeneko based Yokai)
Kyubi
Blazzaria
Insomni
Rokurokubi (This is only in Yokai Watch 2, but she has an extended neck who is also based off actual 'Rokurokubis' another youkai study I like)
Ningyo (Another Yokai Watch 2
Enraenra

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
So far no release date for Europe :(
I hope you guys do get Yo-Kai Watch games localized over there. It'll be horrible if they didn't. I certainly don't want to see another Kirby's Dream Collection situation to happen again.

Jibanyan. His voice, appearance, and evolutions (Baddinyan is boss and helped me take down the final boss) are amazing and I actually love the guy a lot, I prefer him over Pikachu any day. I just wish there was an S rank version of him that isn't a robot (I am aware of YW2 having exactly that).
Good choice. Seriously, Jibanyan's up there with Pikachu in terms of cuteness. As a cat lover, I think Jibanyan's easily the cutest youkai for me. I love him so much I had to import a plushie of him along with Komasan (he's a dog, btw) over at China few weeks ago. XD

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Yeah, it takes a crazy amount of coins for the RARE ones, A lot of people end up doing the exploit, because without it, it really COULD take years to get them considering it is predetermined.
Yup, and you can only roll it three times per day. Considering these are the only way to get them on top Gilgaros requiring all of them it would take at least an year if not more to get all of them legitimately. I won't pull this same trick in YW2 due to them actually allowing you to befriend them outside of the Crank-a-kai on top of the game having stricter punishments if you decide to cheat.
I hope you guys do get Yo-Kai Watch games localized over there. It'll be horrible if they didn't. I certainly don't want to see another Kirby's Dream Collection situation to happen again.
I'm still baffled that Europe never got Kirby's Dream Collection. What was the thought process on that one over there? They should've got the game too, but they never did. I feel really bad for them.

Good choice. Seriously, Jibanyan's up there with Pikachu in terms of cuteness. As a cat lover, I think Jibanyan's easily the cutest youkai for me. I love him so much I had to import a plushie of him along with Komasan (he's a dog, btw) over at China few weeks ago. XD
I love cats as much as dogs. I didn't care for cats until a met a pair of cats who loved me and always snuggled me and hid in my room to play with me, I loved cats after that. And for some unexplained reason cats like following me, even now. Jibanyan has the best design for me. He's cute, sounds cute, and is the first Yokai that pops into my head when I think of "Yo-kai Watch". I didn't know Komasan was a dog though, I guess that explains some things.

EDIT: Shadow Venoct is where I draw the line. I just got him and my main party in their 70's thanks to Holy Exporbs and I'm done with the cam and Crank-a-Kai forever. I don't care enough for Gilgaros to keep up with this. Shadow Venoct took all day and I want to play the game, not the cam. I'm burned out and angry today so I'll actually play the game tomorrow. At least Shadow Venoct finishes my main party and I can now focus on finishing my Medallion and finishing the rest of the requests.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom