• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

You'll get less booyah from me now...

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
This has to be the most underwhelming update in Splatoon 2 for me, the stage itself could be made with an entirely different thread, but i am just gonna focus on the "Good Looking" Booyah bomb that they have put up, that looked so darn impressive till i tried it out with some friends and detected a massive flaw that i do not appreciate having.

The function of Booyah bomb is that you Booyah in order to charge it up, and then you release it to cause massive damage in one area, and even destroy someone in the process as this eats up everything it hits, but it is very easy to dodge if you have ways to run.

The other upside is that the Booyah bomb is also a team effort as your entire team can you Booyah as well and fill it even faster, and get a special boost with it too.

And this is where i just saw the detrimental backside of the Booyah bomb.
If any other teammates Booyah back to help fill the gauge for the Booyah bomb, several lines or "Booyah energy" is send from the direction the Booyah is from.

DIRECTLY PINPOINTING WERE THE PERSON IS.

So yeah, when i first saw this happening i went "no no, this is not something i want to have", so with the few matches i have tried in turf, i have not Booyah back because i want to remain hidden from anyone on the farthest side of the map that is not my teammate.

As for opposing team, i have detected Ninja Squids hiding in peculiar places, because they have to Booyah to help fill up the Booyah bomb, and hoo boy, i know a lot of you may think this doesn't matter, but in the long run, it can make a total difference, cause if you run from the Booyah bomb, you can just run and nail down the other people sending their Booyah to the bomber.

So yeah, no Booyah from me...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
To add to this...

Even the first person to Booyah gets basically nothing for helping. 6 points is what, pressing ZR once with literally any weapon? The weapon seems to stand on it's own merits, which is good because the team-based benefits really aren't there currently.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
ooooh! interesting..people expect you to booyah now if they use the bomb but if you won't booyah back they might not see you as a team player..daaaamn seems the booyah bomb does end up you having to make hard decisions it seems x.x but i think the same way..if i am in a situation where i just can't let myself be found so easily then i probably won't booyah either haha but if i can then of course i will booyah xD to me it all depends on the situation i am in

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I mean, just don't booyah when you're in a position where doing so will be of negative impact.

Plus you really only have to Booyah like once or twice. Spamming it really does not doing anything, the thing caps of registering 5 Booyahs across all allies. The user is still the one who has to do like half of the charge.

You're Booyahing for the benefit of the user, not yourself. So they pretty much get to cut their charge time in half.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Why would I booyah if my special gauge is already full?

Cephalobro

I have to agree on this one, it seems like it's counter-intuitive and way too situational for this to be helpful in Ranked or League, any weapon with this special is bound to be underused because of the special alone.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Oh thank you, I kept wondering what that light show was about every time someone activated it.

Currently, I'm feeling those are decent enough drawbacks. If there weren't some sort of drawbacks you could have a teammate stack special charge up to turn themselves into a living special charge up battery for the entire team.

For now it still has an area denial special with Rainmaker level armor that lets you casually survey an area for your team before temporarily zoning out an area.

Merch_Andise

Inkster Jr.
NNID
solarOddity
Switch Friend Code
SW-1239-4877-3880
I used to booyah until i realized how little of a charge boost i actually got for doing it. Plus, if the person using the Bomb had basically any Special Power Up, the amount of Booyahs needed to fully charge it would be decreased dramatically, given that he doesn't have just one sub of it.

Point is, is that it barely benefits the person using the Bomb and it pretty much doesn't benefit me at all. In fact it might even hinder me depending on the situation i'm in. Sharking, Engaging, Retreating, doing literally anything that requires a lot of inputs. Yeah, i'm really willing to give away my whole location cus i wanted six points of a charge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom