• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Your worst maps for Splat Zones?

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
My most hated map is Urchin Underpass, as many have said it´s the worst map for chargers. I almost never use the sniping point on the left because it´s so easy for the enemy to take you, you really can´t control their advance from there, you have to go back to the alley to refill...the sniping point on the right is useless, so I have to get down to the center and fight head on with enemies with much faster weapons.

Arowana Mall doesn´t have any fundamental design flaws: There are 3 main paths to the splatzone (4 jumping from the isolated platform on the right), 2 of which can be easily traversed even with opposition. The base is easily defended so you can regroup and charge specials without risk before attempting a comeback. It´s a nice map for chargers and you´ll surely have a hard time if you don´t have one on your team and the enemy does, but they can be taken down.

The Port is also a good one, even if the enemy manages to take the corridors leading to your base you still have 4 paths to get to your splatzone. If each enemy guards one you can just team up and easily break through with a 2 VS 1 fight. If just one of your teammates manages to get through the rest can jump to him and the lockdown fails. Of course, it´s much better to anticipate this: if you see your team is falling behind don´t wait to start using one of the side corridors, the earlier you do the harder it will be for the enemy to lock you down.

I really think the flaws being mentioned here aren´t flaws at all, they´re instead complaints about the difficulties short range weapons suffer in these maps. The modifications by Ultimatum for Arowana Mall seek mainly to remove advantage points for snipers and favor melee/short range weapons. That will result in an unbalanced map for snipers.

I really think all maps are very well designed up until now: some favor more one weapon type than others but that´s not necessarily a bad thing, it adds variety and encourages you to try new weapon types.

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
Saltspray Rig and Urchin underpass. Splat zones are far away from spawn point and I'm usually the first team member there just to be greeted by everyone else n the opposing side to get splatted. But it's just me I guess

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Personally I don't enjoy Arowana Mall, because I'm not good with a charger and my play style is suited to maps that are more horizontal without so many high vantage spots for snipers. Rollers and Chargers have problems against Chargers on that map and those are the main weapons I play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom