ZA: Camp Triggerfish [RP is closed, go to "Back to School!"]

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Vivi watched Chaos quietly. She wanted to follow him, but respect his personal space for the time being. Her eyes still trailed on where he went.

Airmure

Senior Squid
Ras sighed at Chaos' abrupt and strange departure. That was weird.

He thought for a few moments on which cabin to choose and settled on Lucy. Considering the place would be much cleaner than what a culinary major's would be and Viola and Lydia would be in the same cabin, he decided that it would be the best place to stay for the month.

"I've made up my mind. I hope you girls don't mind me bunking with you all since I'm picking Lucy as my cabin leader."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Jordan leaned into his hand, lazily popping a marshmallow in his mouth, but still "It's fine, we know where he is. I guess Chaos is in my cabin now, so I can be the one to go fish him back later? Or Zarqa can."

Jordan glanced around, the clownfish having disappeared again. He chuckled as all he could find was Alex, who had shut his eyes and morphed onto a squid on the spot.

"Viola, you didn't miss anything," Jordan said, "but I can tell you for sure, that attitude will take you far. Especially when--"

With a sudden thud, Jordan was cut off. For once the anemone actually looking startled. A worn down book, thick enough to be loud when dropped, was dumped to the ground in front of him scattering maps marked in peculiar places, loose pieces of paper with flower sketches, and glarey photos of... glowing fish. More loose papers and photos seemed to be spilling from the book. The cover was that of a worn camping cookbook, but had the shimmering letters "M.L" imprinted in it.

Zarqa seemed angrily triumphant in dropping the book as she hovered over Jordan's head.

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"I'm sure we will! Seems like a camp wide activity." Viola said, picking up some marshmallows to roast. Her attention turned to Ras as he decided to join their cabin. "Cool! The more the merrier!" She said before turning to Jordan, about to thank him for the compliment until the book came down, startling Viola and causing her hair to flash and to drop her sweets. "My marshmallows!" She cried out, tears streaming down her eyes.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"Zarqa!"

Jordan shot a glare at Zarqa, glancing worriedly at the contents of the book that were laying dangerously near the fire, seeming to hesitate about picking them up or going to comfort Viola.

The momentary anger melted in Jordan's expression as he turned his attention towards the younger inkling. "It's.. it's not the end of the world, Viola." He reassured. "There are still plenty more marshmallows and I can even make another s'more for you... alright?"

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia blinks in surprise as the book suddenly drops and then looks to Viola, tilting her head in concern as tears form in her eyes. She lightly pats her on the back unsure what to say as Jordan tries comforting her with words. Once he was done speaking, she tried speaking up herself "Yeah... we can get as many marshmallows as you want, Viola... you wanna go back to the mess hall to get some more?"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
The tears kept flowing from her eyes. "But they never got to be eaten...." She said, rubbing her eyes. She stood up before pointing at the fish, a pout on her face. "Fine, but that fish owes me now." She crossed her arms and started to head to the mess hall.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Zarqa froze, swimming into Jordan's hair to hide how ashamed she looked, but Jordan batted the clownfish away. He looked ticked off.

"Go follow them into the mess hall and apologize," he said coldly. "Since you know where everything is and I have to pick up everything around here."

Zarqa looked at Jordan guilty. "Jordan, I-I..." she stuttered, before turning away and leaving him alone, swimming with her head down behind Viola.

Jordan gave an exasperated sighed into his hand, before looking at the scattered book with worry. He quickly stopped a paper from leaping into the campfire with his foot, before bending down and frantically grabbing the other loose papers.

"Oh no, oh no... Why'd she bring this out?" Jordan complained.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia slowly follows Viola to the mess hall "You... really like food, don't you?" she asks softly.

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Her body had jumped up, startled from the sudden book drop. She also felt sorry for Viola and her marshmallows. It was a good thing that were still some mallows left in the mess hall. Going back to the book, she turns back to Jordan. "Sooooo what's with the book if you don't mind me asking?" Vivi begins with her question.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola looked back to Lydia and nodded. "I LOVE food! There's not much better than a great meal! Food is not something that should ever be wasted!" Viola rubbed her belly at the thought. "Even though I can't actually eat much. Small tummy..." She looked back at the sad Zarqa and shook her head. "I'm not actually mad at you, okay?"

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia smiles softly, holding in a small giggle at her fervent feelings about food. "Well... even though we're sticking with Lucy's cabin, I'm pretty sure Jordan will make a lot of filling meals for you over the month." she says, patting her on the back before looking over to Zarqa. Hearing Viola's last comment, Lydia lets out a mental sigh of relief, glad to see such a warmhearted Inkling not hold a grudge over something that she personally finds rather petty.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"Uhm, this is..." Jordan stretched out to grab another mysterious photo of glowing flora that had fallen out." It's one of my friend's journals... sort of a field or research journal we started when we were younger," he said, brushing over the large "M.L." before setting the book aside to carefully gather the fallen pages.

"So Mira researches all these things about botany and weird forest species. And I'm here often enough that I still help her with it, though we've found a lot more over the years," he explained. "Some cool places every now and then."

Jordan reached to grab a folded map that was dangerously close to the fire, stopping it with one hand just in time, then... hesitating to pick it up with the other. Flexing his prosthetic fingers nervously, he asked, "Uhm, can someone else pick this up carefully? I... can't. These maps are.. they're really old and fragile."

---

Zarqa swam gloomly behind. "I... I know. I'm sorry," she apologized to Viola.

"But... Jordan is," she whimpered, swimming into the mess hall.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(@Aykorn)

"I'll get them for you." Forge said, reaching over and carefully picking it up. He held it out to Jordan, and put it on the big book.

"Mira the botanist? That's... typical I suppose, considering we only have a finite amount of land." Forge looked down at the folded map. "What's on the maps anyway? What's it mapping, the campground?" He asked.

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
Alex jolted awake. Wha happened?! He saw the pages, so he knew it was a book, and went back to sleep. Whoever dropped that book isn't considerate of the guy sleeping, huh?

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola quickly spun around and grabbed hold of Zarqa, holding the clownfish in her arms. "Just relax and apologize later! If he's really your friend, he'll forgive you." She reassured the fish, giving her usual big grin to emphasize.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia couldn't help but giggle at the sight of Viola suddenly hugging the clownfish as she speaks up "She's right. I doubt he'd stay angry any longer than five minutes, given how much time you two spend together."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"No, these are for forest areas just outside of Triggerfish," Jordan answered Forge. "Like, Mira and I have been marking these up with cool sites we've found. Maybe places with strange flowers," he said, picking up a sketch of a three petaled flower.

Jordan opened up the book, trying to tuck the papers inside before anymore slipped away, though there were still more laying on the ground.

"I don't really mind talking about it, Violet. It's just... this book is kind of old and not all mine. Most of this is Mira's; and after all the shenanigans we used to get into here, she's one of my better friends."

He sheepishly set the rest of his collected pages next. "Mm, this prosthetic is really great, but I don't really have an pressure feeling in my right hand. I'd probably tear the maps without noticing. ...So thanks, Forge."
---

"I know, I know. He's my best friend but I just wanted to showthishgmgghghfff," she moped into Viola shirt, occasionally fluttering to stay floating. "That book really is important to Jordan though," she cried, hugging Viola back with her tiny fins.

With an exaggerated ---well, it was probably genuine-- frown, Zarqa swam behind a bag of marshmallows and shoved it off the shelf.

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Violet smiles softly. Inklings like her don't get to see much plants when you live in a suburban area or in a city like Inkopolis. A nice bit of forest nature is good to see around that wasn't devastated by construction work. "She sounds really nice. I wouldn't mind seeing the places she went to and the different plants she found. They sound really cool!"

@Aykorn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom