• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: A Casual RP!

Joasa

Depressed Squid
@MacSmitty

The sound of a voice startled her. She hadn't really been paying attention anyway. Surely nobody was talking to her, but she decided to peer up from her phone. Sure enough, a friendly looking squid with light blue tentacles was smiling down at her.

"You wanna eat at our table? We have a free seat." He offered, looking at her.

Jojo's ears flattened slightly as she looked around awkwardly.

"Uh... me?" She stuttered at last, afraid to look back that the light blue inkling had walked away due to talking to the wrong squid.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Yes, you." Lucas answers, crouching to meet Jojo at eye level. "You shouldn't be eating on the floor anyway. So howabout it?" He finishes, holding out his hand.

@JoJoTheSalty

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
(OOC: Yeah. I guess so. :p )

"I'll loan it to you, if you like." She smiled softly, taking her book out once more and sliding towards him across the table. "Just be gentle to it."
@Devack
"I will, don't worry." Sil said, smiling as he put the book carefully in his backpack. "So, did you hear about the upcoming tournament? Should be a lot of fun." he asked.
@13thGalaxy

Joasa

Depressed Squid
@MacSmitty

Jojo looked at the blue squid's extended hand. Going with him would be polite, but oh-so-awkward. And scary.

"Oh, uh... no thank you, I'm fine," she politely declined. She knew nobody else would want her there. It was just like the social group she had done a few years ago, and summer camp. Somebody would be nice to her out of pity, then never talk to her again. It was better to dodge the bullet now. "I don't wanna be a burden."

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
"Well, it's a standard team tournament, other than the fact that the teams go through a series of tryouts before the remaining teams enter the tournament proper." Sil explained. "First-place team gets a set of custom gold weapons." he finished.

@13thGalaxy

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas slightly frowned the girls initial response, but after hearing the follow-up of her response, he let out a boyish giggle.

"You don't have to worry about being that. You won't be burden by just sitting at a table. C'mon."

Getting up and looking at where Jojo was sitting, he comments, "
If you don't wanna sit with us, thats fine, but you stand out eating where you are right now."
@JoJoTheSalty

Joasa

Depressed Squid
@MacSmitty

"I do? I just don't wanna be noticed..."
She looked around, noticing that several other kids were shooting her strange looks. "Fine... if it's okay with everyone else."

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Alright cool!" Lucas says while beginning to walk back to the table. "Oh, by the way, my name is Lucas Brooklyn. The light green inkling by that table is my brother Andrew Brooklyn." he says pointing at himself and his brother.

@JoJoTheSalty

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
[Man, you miss a few days and you miss a ton]

Viola entered the cafeteria, looking about as she looked for a seat, soon spotting Zerul tinkering with something. She trotted over and plopped down beside him and looked over. "What'cha working on?" She asked, curiously as she put her bag down on the table and pulled out her own lunch.

@Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul hears Viola and looks up. "Oh. Hi Viola! I'm working on a new type of mine. the ink mine is nice and all. but it just lacks the range so I'm making a launching function so the mine shoots into the air before detonating. Tests have shown much more range coverage. and if someone isn't in squid form its an instant splat. But if they are in squid form then they are stuck in the other team's ink." he sighs. "Im just having issues with keeping the ink under pressure. The mine looses strength the longer its on the ground....Oh and before you ask. Yes its safe so long as no ink is put into it."

@TACarbuncle

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Meanwhile, Zawlt was sitting in the lunchroom all by himself with nothing to eat, "Why on earth did I agree to wait on her? She's taking forever," he thought as he put his head down tucked in his arms. Soon after, Xexe came running in with a small box in hand. She looked around for her friend and spotted a bamboo hat at a far off table. The next thing Zawlt felt was a thud right next to him causing him to sit up immediately. He looked over to see Xexe catching her breath, "Did you run here?" Zawlt asked. As soon as Xexe calmed down, she looked over to Zawlt and smiled, "Well, I didn't want to be any later than I already was," she said, "but it'll be worth it, I promise ya!" she then slid the box to Zawlt.

He took the box from Xexe and proceeded to open it. There was food, and alot of it, "This is waay too fresh to have come from a restaurant," he thought as he looked over to Xexe, "DId you make all of this?" he asked her. All she did was nod her head rapidly and then urged him on to try something out. In all the time he's been with Xexe since their reunion back at Octo Valley he never did picture her as a cook let alone cooking something for him. He took a closer look inside the box and it seemed mostly basic: sandwiches and cookies. Zawlt knew the best way to judge her cooking would obviously be the cookies so he grabbed one and took a bite. His eyes opened wider as he looked over to Xexe, "Gunoy?" she asked him worriedly. He then slowly started to cry like he did at the Halloween party when Coer gave him that bag of cookies. "Sooo goooood~" he said finishing off the cookie then immediately grabbing another. Xexe just giggled at the sight now that she had her friend's stamp of approval.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Huh. Interesting. And I get what you mean about the ink mine. I remember finding them..... underwhelming. They should be cool, and it feels awesome to get someone with them, but that rarely happens. At least for me." Viola said, pulling out a sandwich and starting to eat it.

@Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods. "Yea its more of an annoyance than anything. hopefully this kind of upgrade will be a bit more...Splattastic? Shocking?...Hmmm. What would be a good discriptive word?" he shakes his head and eats some more. "So how are you Viola?"

@TACarbuncle

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
(OOC: Eugh. Talk about a hectic weekend. Sorry for the delay, @Devack.)

Maya's face slowly grew to a large grin, picturing herself with a golden Luna. "Ooh...now THAT'S interesting..." Her smile was short-lived, though. Her face slowly fell as she looked to the ground. "..Regrettably, I don't have a team, though. I doubt I'd be able to make it in a 1v4."

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
(No worries. Was pretty rough here as well.)

"Pretty sure most of us don't have a team." Sil pointed out. "But... if you want, we can team up and try to find two more to form a team for the tournament." he offered.

@13thGalaxy

Last edited:

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
"I honestly wouldn't mind either of them." Sil admitted, smiling. "Now, we just need to find two more. Any ideas?" he asked Maya.

@13thGalaxy

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Splaterific!" Viola said as Zerul tried to think of words to describe it, before giggling. "I'm fine. Nothing big really happening to me, personally. Thanks for asking."

@Zerul

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
As Lucas and Jojo were hitting it off, Andrew just stared. Looking around at other tables, he wondered more about Lucas's classmates, and began to ate his food.

(@JoJoTheSalty Just doing this as a reminder. K?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom