• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Back to School

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Shizuka read over the notepad and then wrote another reply.

She gave it back to Iro.

@GBstep ((wowow!! that's a very marker-like brush :o is it a brush you downloaded/bought or is it a default brush?? and @MacSmitty i use photoshop too =w=))

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas watched Touya walk off to speak to the teacher. While he had calmed down a bit, he still couldn't help but cast a worried glance at Katie who was doodling in her notebook.
Getting up and heading to Zerul he decides to give him a heads up. "Hey Zerul. I... introduced you to the new Octoling in our class." He started, pointing over to Katie. "If you want, you can go speak to her." He finishes, playing with his tentacle awkwardly. @Zerul
(Also @Quibblingsun86 Tag Lydia since your character is speaking to her character.)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Hunter turns towards Lucas when he approached. When he pointed to the new class member he looks over at her and see it was an octarian. "Thanks Lucas but im good for now. besides class is about to start and you dont want to a mark on your record."

@MacSmitty

(@Rustic Come on man when is class going to start?)

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(Sorry for the wait everyone, I had technical issues that I finally got sorted through.)

The horseshoe crab, seeing everyone... or at least what he assumes is everyone, inside and chatting among themselves as he clears his throat and speaks up.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Mr. Caballo, but you may just call me Shelvin, if you prefer... and before anyone familiar with Turf Wars asks, no, I am not related to Sheldon, the kind crab that runs Ammo Knights."
he states. "I will be teaching you the ins and outs of all things technological... but, before we get down to that, I'll need to take role call, just to make sure everyone is here." He says as he lifts up a piece of paper, starting to call off names individually.

"Here!" Lydia says as she hears her name.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola slowly rose and let out a yawn before raising her hand when her name was called. "Here." She said, rather sleepily.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Here." Chaos calls out from the back as he raises and waves his hand when his name was mentioned.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul stands up when his name was called. "Here!" He sits back down.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He was doodling a little in his notebook of a water lily when he heard his name called and jumped a little. "H-here!"

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
Iro took back his sketchpad and read Shizuka's note. He gave her a smile and a thumbs up.

Noticing the teacher doing the roll call, he raised his hand "Here, teach"

He remembered his mute companion, and looked at her to see if she needed help for attendance.

@VeryButter (Btw, I just messed around with the brush settings in Photoshop. It's the default brush with some tweaks)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas went back to his seat, and when the teacher called his name, he let a deep "Here." In a Xemnas voice. "I mean... here." he says in his normal voice.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((nyep))
When the teacher called out her name, Shizuka raised her hand, tapping the desk three times with the other, and after the last tap, she put her hand down again.

She looked back at Iro with a smile.

@GBstep

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
"Well, glad to see everybody is present." Mr. Caballo says with a smile "Now, before we begin today's lesson, one student offered a rather fun suggestion that could make for an interesting group project." he says before motioning to Lydia.

"Lydia, this was your idea, so I'll be leaving it to you to inform the others." he says. The young Inkling let out a slightly nervous gulp as she got to her feet, walking to the front of the class and turning around.

"H-hello, everyone... I've had this idea in the back of my mind ever since our trip to Camp Triggerfish."
She says before clearing her throat a bit, calming down slightly in the process. "We will be holding a Turf War Weapon Design contest... either by yourself or with a partner, the idea is to design a weapon blueprint... or if you wish to go the extra mile, even a prototype of the weapon of your design. While grading will be handled by only Mr. Caballo, the contest itself will be judged by him, Mr. Hoylei, and Coach Forge... and while this is more my personal thing over a school reward, whichever weapon wins, I'll be more than happy to assist the winning student or team with actually forging the weapon to completion.." she says with a bright smile. "... Or in the case I win, second place... since I'd be building mine anyways..." she added meekly.

"One thing to keep in mind, though." Mr. Caballo speaks up. "We'll be looking for both creativity and practicality. You can have the most unique weapon I'd ever laid my eyes on, but if it's clearly flawed and unwieldy for proper use, don't expect a passing grade!" he warns.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul chuckles at Lydia's idea. "So that is what you have been busy with." He thought it would be a good idea to help Lydia since he loved testing weapons. When everyone started to find partners he gets up and walks over to Lydia. "I love the idea. mind if i am your partner for this?"

@Lydia

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas's mood darkened once he heard about the project the class was assigned to. "Great. I'm at a disadvantage again..." He said, lowering his head on his desk.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
(Ouch, left behind again huh? Okay guess I'll TRY to make some sense out of my post)

"Yeah, hey," Zawlt said when his name was called. He then listened to Lydia who had an idea for a weapon contest basically, "So either blueprints or making an actual weapon huh? I can think of alot of crazy things to make, but I'm not exactly fluent in constructing a weapon," he thought as he continued to listen on.

@Lydia

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(@Zawlt Sorry about that ^^; Was exhausted since I just got off my overnight shift and I wanted to post it before I passed out.)

Mr. Caballo looked between the students, judging their mixed reactions. "Now, we figured that some of you may be at a disadvantage... to help compensate for this, we will be spending this first week to go over how to make blueprints for a weapon and at the very least... make something basic, like a Splattershot Jr... barring actually filling the tank for it full of ink, of course. Now then, you all get ten minutes to decide who you want for your partners, afterwards, we'll get class started properly."

Lydia blushed a bit as Zerul wasted no time approaching her and asking to team up. She scratched the back of her head a bit and smiled "Well... since we'd probably be working out of the same lab at home, might as well work together."

@Zerul

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola blinked as she listened to the assignment. "This could be fun!" She said, trying to think of something she could potentially sketch out.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Terence quickly raised his hand when his name was called. "Hello!" He called out, then listened to Mr. Caballo's explanation for today's class, before his attention shifted to Lydia when she explained her suggestion to the teacher for a weapons creation lab. Then when Mr. Caballo said that they all 10 minutes to find a partner for this before they continue on with the class, he thoughtfully "hmm'd" about his choice of partner.

Lucas? Chaos? Viola? Gunoy with his Bamboo hat? New kid? Quiet kid? Metta- I mean Iro? Terence thought as he looked around the class, he began to stand up, but sat back down. "I guess I'll work alone unless someone else wants to work together." He mumbled to himself, waiting patiently for the class to continue, or for someone to approach.

(( :0 ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom