• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Back to School

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zeurl chuckles a bit. "Yea i guess so. Im not good a blueprinting, but im really good at testing weapons and finding there flaws...well..it was my job back in octovalley." he says that last part quietly as he rubbed the back of his head.

@Lydia

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"A weapons project...hmm...I'm gonna have to think hard of this one..." he murmured as he looked to everyone in class. Seeing Zerul had already picked out his partner, he wondered if anyone wouldn't mind partnering with him.

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
"Don't worry bro, I just might know the right person to help ya." He says as he points to Katie. "She's great at design'in weapons, and she makes for a great partner. I, however, will be workin alone, because I work better that way. But I could help ya with the design after school if you want."

@MacSmitty

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos's eyes lit up as he wanted to create a certain kind of weapon that he dreamed of. "This should be interesting..." *He said to himself with a grin on his face and a hand on his chin.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia chuckles a bit "Well... I already got a few ideas at home, as you know. We'll see which one we should go with after school, alright?"

@Zerul

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas was in deep thought about how he should tackle the assignment, and considering that he didn't know much about how weapons work, he would be dragging people down. Who should I ask to team up with? He thought. Viola? Chaos? Coerulus? He snapped out his thoughts when Touya suggested Katie as a partner.
"
Sure, thanks." He said gratefully.
Walking over to the female Octoling he lightly taps her to alert her of his presence. "
Hey Katie, do you wanna be partners for this assignment? Touya told me you know a lot about weapons." He tells her. @Quibblingsun86

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods. "Ok." he looks around to see who else has partnered together.
@Lydia

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
Iro noted the assignment and went over the details.

"Weapon design huh? Wonder if dad will allow me to bring that to school."

Sighing in relief, he thanked his lucky stars for having a renowned weapon designer as his dad.

"First things first, I have to find the old prints I made in my room."

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
"Sure!" She said as she pulled out some empty blueprints. "So... For starters, what class of weapon do you want it to be? I mean I personally prefer chargers, but we could do whatever you feel!"

Touya took out some scratch paper and began drawing designs for a inkbrush he'd been working on.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Well I was thinking about making a Inkbrush with more range... considering they are the only weapons with range issues..." Lucas states, thinking about the talks he had with his brother on weapons. @Quibblingsun86

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
After some moments of thinking, Viola plopped her head down on her desk and groaned. "Gah! I got nothing..." She said, forlorn. She looked around and saw some of her classmates already getting ideas. "I got to think of something..."

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
"Sounds great!" She replied, lighting up at the idea. "ooh, ooh! And to go with the range, we can add Burt bombs as a sub! What do you think we should use as a special?"

Touya, being a fast paced artist, had already sketched out his inkbrush. It was going to feature added strength, and some slight extra range. He still hadn't worked out the subs and special yet.

@MacSmitty

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He sighed as he opened his notebook to a fresh page and began to draw. With only three weapons used in his main rotation, he really didn't know the functionality of the other choices in terms of strengths and weaknesses. "Maybe a different kind of roller...or a heavy splatling..." he murmured, sketching out some subs weapons on paper as he was lost to his thoughts

magicxmc

Inkling
NNID
magicxmc
As the students planned their weapon blueprints out, a blue-haired Inkling went up to the classroom, glancing around to make sure this was the class Mr. Shelvin taught, before coming inside. She quickly found the teacher and walked up to him. "Hey, uh...I'm Blue Sakurai...or, uh, Asuna Sakurai. You're Mr. Shelvin, right?" She asked quietly, wanting to make sure she was in the right class.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas thought about what a potential special should be based on the current Inkbrush weapons. "Well there's a Inkstrike and Bubbler for the regular Inkbrush's... and then there's a Kraken and Inkzooka for the Octobrush's... how about a Bomb Rush?" He says, taking out a blueprint paper out of his bag.
@Quibblingsun86

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
"That seems like the best fit to compliment our design!" She agreed as she started to sketch out the brush in the design she wanted. "Um, what kind of design should we use? I was thinking of a more "modern" look.

@MacSmitty

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
The Horseshoe crab glanced over to the new student, blinking in surprise "Umm... could've sworn everyone showed up..." he mutters to himself as he looks through the role call. "Hm... weird, your name must've been cut off the list by accident... ah well, accidents happen. To catch you up on what you missed, we're going to be holding a Turf War Weapon Design contest." he explains "Creating a blueprint for a weapon of your own choosing. You can either work by yourself or with your partner. So, do you wish to introduce yourself to the others or just get to work by yourself?" he asks.

@magicxmc

magicxmc

Inkling
NNID
magicxmc
"Um...I'll just get to work." She said softly, moving to her seat. "Alright...weapon design. What can I do for weapon design..."

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia glances around as well "Hmm... maybe we should've done groups of 3 or something... some look like they're struggling a bit." She noted to herself.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos began brainstorming his idea for his weapon. Though he had two designs in mind, but doesn't know which one to pick for this assignment. Hmm...I could make the other one in my spare time if I can... He notes to himself as finally decides on a design and now was the time to think of a sub and special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom