Zapfish Academy: Back to School

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Sean, a 16 year old turqoise Inkling, had been in Mr. Hoylei's class from start to finish. But he wasn't much of presense, he made himself that way. It wasn't deliberate, but the guy didn't really talk much to anyone, much less his classmates. He focused on studying, as by focusing, he could put more of his time learning and practicing Turf Wars and Ranked. With his Noise Cancelling headphones, there were points were he was blanking out what the teacher said while he worked. Because of this, he didn't even realise he was the only left in the class, well not including the teacher Mr. Hoylei himself. When the teenager did notice however, he sighed quietly and started throwing his textbook and his other equipment in his bag.

He glanced up his teacher, remembering something about 'Squid-o-ween' being mentioned. Sean knew there was no way he would be dressing up for an event like that, but he didn't want to be pointed out as someone who didn't take part in anything. That would just bring unwanted attention to himself. So he came to a conclusion as he stood up out of his chair, tucking it in like he saw so many other students do, then walking up to Mr. Hoylei while letting his headphones sit on his shoulders. After a short pause and some thought, Sean spoke up. "Hey Sir, will you be needin' any help for this Squid-o-ween event? If its checkin' for weapons or labour work around 'Academy before the event, I do have time." His language was the same as always, he talks in a street-like fashion, just because that's what he's used to. But thanks to the fact he doesn't usually talk to people, and his voice is fairly low and quiet, Sean doesn't get called out for it much.

@TACarbuncle

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas too was shocked at Galaxy showing up out of nowhere as he flinched.
"Ah. Alright then, I'll keep that in mind." Lucas tells Coerulus and Galaxy while sitting for a couple of moments writing some of the things they've said in a small notepad.
"
Well Coerulus, Payge, I'm gonna have to head home. I already have my costume ready and I need to take a train to get home. I'll see you two at the Squid-o-ween thing, or at school tomorrow. Later!" He says, walking to the exit.
@13thGalaxy @Coerulus

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He nodded, giving a short wave before settling down to wait for his papa to come get him. Then he remembered that Galaxy was there with him still. "O-oh...you said you wanted to talk about some t-turf stuff...d-didn't you? I think I still h-have some time before my papa comes..." he stated softly.

@MacSmitty @13thGalaxy

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
Galaxy nodded in return, vaulting over the back of the chair and sitting down beside him. "Yeah. I'm a bit on the older side for turf...I'm 17. But I've used the Krak-On Roller quite a lot. It's my baby, y'know?"

[OOC: If I recall correctly, the creators of Spaptun described most inklings as 13-14 years old. I might be wrong.]

@Coerulus

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods. "ok...i guess we should be heading home soon. im sure your going to be busy."

@Lydia

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"Y-Yeah, I really like using the Krak-On myself...I should get back to using it soon...since I was practicing with my RG for a while..." he said, looking to her. "I-I bet you have exceptional handling with your Krak-On." he added, kicking his feet a little.

[OOC: yes, inklings gain control of kid form at 14 and able to transform freely after that]

@13thGalaxy

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
"Well, as busy as I usually am when tinkering in my lab, so... just ask if you need anything, really." Lydia says with a smile "So... I can make both of our costumes without too much difficulty. I might need some help getting the materials, though. We can go to the mall together for that, though." She nods.

@Zerul

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
"Ahhh that hit the spot"

Iro said, patting his belly after a satisfying meal. "Don't know much about this school yet, but at least the food's good." He thought

Turning back to his purple friend, Iro thought now'd be a good time to do some catching up.

"So Viola, still on the turf?" He inquired. "Hope you fixed your little 'issue' on ranked, hehe."

@TACarbuncle

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
"It's the weapon that brought me to S." She laughed a little, pulling her headphones down from her head to around her neck. "Though, lately, I've been trying out the Gold Dynamo. I'm having a pretty good time with it, but it's hard to switch between the two." Galaxy leaned back, taking a glance over at Coerulus. "If you ever feel like doing some Turf and feel like bringing a friend in, just lemme know. I'll see if I'm able to join ya."

@Coerulus

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"O-oh, I see. It is really hard to change to different weapons...but it is good to try a new one once in a while." he said, allowing himself a small smile as he watched her. "Squiddie! Time to go!" A voice called and he looked up to see the marigold inkling there accompanied with a taller, dark blue inkling harboring a scar over his left eye. "Ah, there's my papa now. I'll see you tomorrow then...and I would really like to turf with you someday." he said as he hopped off the bench and waved with a small smile before running off to greet the two. He hugged the marigold inkling who patted his head with a soft smile, glancing over to Galaxy and waved to her as the dark blue inkling bent down slightly to whisper something to Coerulus. He flushed, shaking his head quickly before ducking away to head towards the train station, warranting a laugh from said inkling til the marigold hit his arm and left to follow after the smaller, he eventually following.

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
Galaxy nodded to Coerulus as he ran off, waving to the marigold inkling once she was acknowledged. "I'll be ten super sea snails that Coerulus got asked if I was his girlfriend.." She muttered. Considering her options for a second, Galaxy stood up while the family of inklings was still looking at her, and blew a very exaggerated kiss towards Coerulus as a joke before she walked off. "I'm never going to live this down." She shook her head, laughing.

@Coerulus

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
The orange inkling looked up to the student he had barely noticed. "Oh. Um....Sure, if you want to help, we'd be glad to have it, Mr...." He said, looking over his attendance sheet. "Mr. Falco, is it?" He asked, noticing one name he hadn't heard called out earlier. "You should speak up more often. Otherwise, you may be marked absent and that would cause problems for you GPA. Then again, that's also partially my fault for not noticing you sooner." Mr. Hoylei apologized.

Viola's hair turned paler as she was asked about Ranked matches. She giggled nervously before admitting, "Nope....Still freeze up.... I still battle in basic Turf Wars though. Haven't given that up yet. And considering what happened the first day at camp, I think I should be able to handle early ranked matches now" She said, remembering the crazy battle they had when getting to Camp for the first time.

@GBstep @Templar

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
"Actually, home first, so I can show you some stuff on the costume idea I got for you. Then we can head over to buy anything we need. Maybe invite Viola, if she's interested and you don't mind, since this was kinda her idea." Lydia replied, smiling softly.

@Zerul

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
Iro chuckled a bit. It's good to see some things are still the same.

"Well, I'm not one to talk big. It's not like i'm on top of the leader boards or anything. Let's just both do our best and get better!" he told Viola, hoping he could encourage her a bit.

Deciding to steer the conversation back to school affairs, Iro was wondering if anything interesting was coming up.

"I know it hasn't even been my first day, but is there anything happening soon I should probably know about?"

@TACarbuncle

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul chuckles. "i do not mind it at all. well then lead the way m'lady." Zerul motions for her to lead while jabbing in a little joke.

@Lydia

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
For a second Sean thought he had forgetten his own 'surname' wrong, but after a few moments he shook his head. "Its... Falcio mate, but what ya got is close enough." He then listened and took in what Mr. Hoylei was saying and heard him apologise again with an eyebrow raised. "I'll keep that in mind sir but... You know, you don't have to apologise as much as you do. Its good to see humility in adults but you're not exactly the only person to miss me out in this school. I don't tend to make myself particularly noticable." It wasn't just Sean's manner of speaking that was wrong, but he also didn't understand the difference between talking to friends and talking to teachers. Since the only adults that demanded the respect of teachers in his life were the same people that were oppressive to him, so he thought good people wouldn't want him to talk formally.

@TACarbuncle

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Ah. Well then, Mr. Falcio, If you do want to help, you may want to stay after school on Squid-o-ween. We'll have to set things up, like tables and food and whatnot. I'll be there myself. " Bastion said, deciding to move back to the topic they started on.

Viola's hair quickly regained it's usual purple shade as she grinned. " Well, there's a costume party on Squid-o-Ween. I got a great one in mind, and I'm hoping Lydia, a friend of mine here, will be interested in the idea I gave her. It goes perfectly with mine!" She said, proudly, "I've been working on my costume since I got back from camp!"

@GBstep @Templar

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Sean nodded to the teacher, somewhat surprised that he didn't really make a comment on the last comment, but glad he didn't apologise for being apologetic. "A'ight. I'll be there then." He then took his turqoise headphones from his neck and put them over his ears. "Until tomorrow Sir." He put his hand up to the teacher in a form that signified 'good-bye' before making his towards and out the door, pulling his hood over his head as he did so.

@TACarbuncle

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
"Looks like you're really excited about this aren't you?" Iro grinned.

"A party huh...". While he's not totally anti-social, the thought of mingling with a large group of people who were total strangers didn't exactly appeal to him. He preferred to be alone or with a small group of friends.

Still, he missed his first day of classes already. Going to the party now seemed more like an obligation to make up for missing out.

"wonder what I should wear?" He thought out loud.

@TACarbuncle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom