• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Back to School

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos looked around the classroom seeing his fellow peers not raising their hand to answer. Probably too nervous to or don't know anything at all. Not wanting the class to seem be dead, he slowly raised his hand up and winged up something. "Um...Inklings and Octarians both have dissolving effects when in water..?"

@TACarbuncle

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Terence's head peeked up from its rest on his binder, he yawned, apparently -and already- tired. He listened to Chaos' answer, and then heard Lucas' attempt at a joke. He set his head on his hand and raised his other hand, "Octolings have rounded ears, while us Inklings have pointed ears," Terence pointed out.

"I... think there's another difference, but I can't..." Terence pondered, staring blankly ahead. Before he seemed to suddenly come to life, snapping his fingers. "Octolings have 8 limbs, while Inklings have 10, right?" He asked, debating on the credibility of his answers.

@TACarbuncle

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"W-wait! We're not supposed to k-know that!" he cried when Lucas was making his joke, turning to him with just the slightest bit of fright.

@MacSmitty

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul kept quiet he felt like the question was quite raceist to bring up as he was the only Octarian in the room.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Well, that much is obvious, Mr. Chaos. That goes for most life nowadays. Emphasis on most." He said before hearing Lucas' answer and rubbing the area between his eyes in slight irritation. "That is for health class, Mr. Brooklyn. I would appreciate you not joke around." He said, before hearing Terence's response. "Yes. Those are the most obvious differences. Our pointed ears also translate to our pointed heads in squid form, which is why an Octarian's Octo form is rounded." He said, before drawing up a diagram on the chalkboard. "But some more differences are that us Inklings are more agile, capable of acrobatic feats that are difficult for Octarians to copy. Not impossible, mind you, but a bit more difficult. On the flipside, Octarians are more hardy than we are, able to do more physically demanding things. But this doesn't mean they're dumb, far from it." He said, continuing to draw, "In fact, Octarians typically have larger brains than we do and are capable of more coherent teamwork." Bastion explained, showing the diagram being of an inkling and octarian, from the bust up, showing their brains inside, with a noticeable, but not exaggerated, size difference. "Other than these differences, our races are mainly the same. Our diets are similar, our physique is similar, even our tastes in music are....mostly similar." He said, chuckling a little.

@Coerulus @Zerul @MacSmitty @Rustic @Chaos_Knight @Zawlt @silly979 @Lydia

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@TACarbuncle @Coerulus @Zerul @MacSmitty @Rustic @Chaos_Knight @Zawlt @Lydia

April was having noticeable difficulties during class. She would constantly space out and loose focus, dreaming of one day experiencing Turf War at least once. Though despite that, she would keep remind herself that she had promised her parents that she would study hard in exchange for living in Inkopolis. She would constantly switch out of a focused state to a not so focused one and vice-versa. Eventually, she lost track and after her teacher's last comments, she slammed her desk and bellowed out, "24!" At first, she thought she was called on to give an answer, but as her mind slowly came to reality, she realized what she had done and slowly sank into her chair, wishing that she was anywhere else but there.

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
"If that's the case.." Galaxy finally spoke from the back of the room, the first time she'd opened her mouth since the small excursion from Triggerfish. "...then what was the deal with the Great Turf War from 100 years ago? Just unprovoked aggression? Was one race jealous of another's abilities? I understand both our species needed places to live, but it has to go deeper than that. If it was that important, why not just talk it out? If we're so similar, why not even share where we live?"

@TACarbuncle @Coerulus @Zerul @MacSmitty @Rustic @Chaos_Knight @Zawlt @Lydia

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
The teacher rubbed his eyes at April's sudden outburst, but decided not to mention it after seeing her shrink back into her chair. His attention then went to Galaxy and her question. "That's an excellent point. It most likely has to do with our differing cultures at the time. Because we all needed the same resources to survive, along with different cultures that have dissolved a bit over time, along with probably some stubborn cephalopods from both sides, they refused to budge and caused the war. Luckily, most inklings and octarians are more open to peace nowadays." Bastion surmised

@Coerulus @Zerul @MacSmitty @Rustic @Chaos_Knight @Zawlt @silly979 @Lydia @13thGalaxy

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul speaks up. "I can tell already that you are not able to see the full picture here. We Octarains were living in what little land we were forced to live in after the Great turf war. It wasn't much but we managed to make it a Home for us. While you Inklings never once thought to allow Octarains to mingle into your culture. DJ. Octavio was but one such people who thought the outcome of the Great Turfwar was nothing more than Inkling Oppression. And thus sought to steal the Zapfish to save what was left of our world from collapse. but your so called Heroes stole them back leaving us with litteraly nothing to keep major facilities running. it was lucky only 10% of us were killed once things started to fall apart!." In Zerul's voice there was a clear sign of anger. something about this lesson or what was brought up had angered him. "Only after Octavio's defeat did you once consider giving a helping hand to allow Octarians to live among you!" He tries to calm himself down. he had started to get a headache from saying so much without breaking regularaly.

@Coerulus @TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @Rustic @Chaos_Knight @Zawlt @silly979 @Lydia @13thGalaxy

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Bastion blinked a few times, confused by some of the things Zerul had said. "Octavia? Heroes? I'm afraid I don't understand, Mr. Zerul." He then shook his head. "Well, either way, perhaps it was the catalyst we needed to spark change."

@Zerul

[OOC: If I remember right, I may be wrong with this as it HAS been awhile since I beat the single player, but didn't they keep the events that happened a secret from the major populace? None of the inklings would know who Octavio is or that he took the Great Zapfish]

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs and tries to hide. as he just made a fool of himself.

[ooc: to the inklings yes. but nothing was said to the Octarian's side as far as im aware. plus some time has passed since then so surely some information must be out there]

@TACarbuncle

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola turned around and took Zerul's hand. "Hey. It's okay. At least things are changing now, right?" She said, trying to reassure him that it's alright.

@Zerul

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs and looks up at Viola. "I guess so. though i just made a fool of myself."

@TACarbuncle

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
"I don't know what you're talking about, Zerul..." Galaxy started. "...but I was just saying, I don't think the War was even fought on a proper basis. It was a stupid conflict to begin with. Too much live was wasted when we could have spent it forwarding progress. Instead, we took ten steps back."

@Zerul

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Bastion nodded to Galaxy's comment. "Indeed. It was a stupid conflict on both sides. Neither is innocent in that. However, you do yield a good point. We inklings could have come sooner, but we didn't. And that is our folly." He said, trying to make amends.

"No one here thinks you're a fool. I'm sure if the situation was reversed, one of us would have reacted similarly. I know I would have." Viola said, continuing to try and reassure her friend.

@Zerul

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He quietly listened and nodded before turning to Zerul. "Y-Yeah...I d-don't know much about you...and I feel bad for being s-scared...but you seem real nice...and nothing like what other inklings would say..." he murmured. "My papa would tell me to never judge one just f-from looks a-alone..." he added.

@Zerul

Last edited:

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
Galaxy quietly took in a breath after Bastion spoke, one of the signs she was growing nervous and a bit more careful with her wording. "So yes..I apologize that my intentions were misconstrued. I didn't mean to set you off like I did, and for that, I'm sorry." She turned to face him directly, dipping her head a slight bit. "I have nothing against you as a person. I hope that my lapse in judgement, this time meaning not thinking before I spoke, can be forgiven."

@Zerul @TACarbuncle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom