• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
I'm still around. Was waiting for things to pick back up.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
im still all for sticking around. i would love to see this pick back up again -still need to check periodically than how i have been doing but with the resident game to come out soon *readies self to focus*-

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
@Rustic @Coerulus @Zerul @Zawlt @TACarbuncle @Devack
Hey guy's. Sorry I haven't been active lately. I was at my college for a several-day long orientation, and I wasn't allowed to bring a computer with me. I'm also about to go on a cruise so I won't be active for a week starting tomorrow. On that note, have fun with your lives, and with Splatoon 2 if you have it.

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Wondering if you were still open for registration.

Name:
Fortuna

Race:
Inkling

Appearance:
Her hair tentacles are mostly on the right side of her head, while her left side is this smooth tentacle thing. She hangs the right on the side of her head. Usually the color of her tentacles are turquoise, and her eyes are purple. She wears a beret, black slip-ons, and a shirt and tie.

Relations:
Churro (her little brother)

Personality:
Fortuna has a kind yet distanced personality, but when known well she is easy-going, and a little bit of a comedian. On the battlefield she tends to be cold, focuses on her objective, even abandoning teammates just to focus. People tend to stay away from her due to her sadistic personality in the battlefield.

Backstory:
A year ago, Fortuna and Churro was the Garfield and lasagna of the battlefield, although they do not wish to be part of the spotlight. They looked out for each other, until they had an argument. The siblings were so close to reaching S, until Fortuna messed up. She was able to get herself and Churro into A-. Ever since then, Fortuna left Inkopolis, and began to train on the battlefield, and rarely, she wanders out to the unknown Octo Valley and splatting Octarians, although she never knew how important was this, she cared for herself only.

its decent but not too good

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@IcySetsuna
T'is decent, and while I am a hungry beast for more information. I understand that everyone doesn't tend to write massive, gargantuan essays worth of text.

Not that that's a bad thing, in fact, sometimes writing concise is a boon. You appear to have fulfilled the criteria with a satisfactory amount of information as well, so there shouldn't be any surprises that will overtake MacSmitty and I, I hope at least. Sorry if I seem to be irritable, I just went to respond to this at a late time for me.
In any case, Fortune smiles upon you as your bio is fine and dandy. C'mon in and pull up a seat. If you have any problems, get in character and whoop their inky-rear or if you're unable to continue for whatever reason, feel free to say so here. Just note that if you bring up any drama with any of the players, I will get very mad.

Ah, I am forgetting something. Hurry to class, you are late and Mr. Forge isn't a patient man.

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Thank you very much for the critisism, considering this is my first time doing something like this. As for the details, I will be doing that, but it is night where I live and I am tired lol

Edit: Also, might I ask, when will Fortuna come in play in the RP? When I am tagged? Thanks in advance.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Greetings, I wish to partake in this roleplay. I usually average about two paragraphs per post, so that would be 6-10 sentences worth of reading in my posts. If you wish for me to write less per post, I'll comply, but bear in mind that's the average per post for me.

Name(s): Hyacinth

Race:
Inkling

Appearance:
Hyacinth is fairly pale-skinned, and typically has her cyan/teal tentacle hair hanging freely (not unlike the female Inklings found in the first game). She has had her hair styled before, but she wasn't fond of having to take time out of her day to maintain them. Hyacinth's eyes are a gray color, leaning on the darker side. Though cyan is her default color, her ink color may change depending on what is needed for a competition (i.e. orange for a team with orange ink).

Hyacinth prefers wearing her Retro Specs, Urchins Jersey, and Strapping Reds. Those were clothing thrown haphazardly thrown together when she went into Turf War for the first time, though she sticks with those since she feels comfortable in those. Indeed, one may observe that her closet is...not very fresh.

Relations:
She has family in a suburban city near Inkopolis, but that's it. Hyacinth currently has no friends.

Personality:
Hyacinth isn't shy, she's just...quiet. As in she'll rarely contribute to conversation except to throw in some kind of comment, sometimes not even related to the conversation. If one talks to her, they'll find that she's friendly and quite polite--assuming they can comprehend her sentences. However, she's pretty gullible, tending to go along with anyone unless they're blatantly breaking some kind of rule. In fact, that's another quirk she has, Hyacinth will randomly follow a group when she doesn't know what to do, regardless of if she knows them or not.

Hyacinth is not with the times, so to speak. The names "Squid Sisters" and "Off the Hook" mean nothing to her, outside of maybe one song that she may be addicted to at one time. One also may find that she remembers faces more easily than names, she'll forget your name within five minutes unless she's heard it enough times, but she'll instantly know who you are once she sees your face.

In terms of going into Turf Wars and the like...she doesn't actually do that all that often. Hyacinth prefers to watch these battles more than actually participating in them. As a result, she knows all the strategies, but she doesn't know how to put them into practice, which brings her back to simply spectating. And sometimes, she'll even just read a book instead of actually watching.

Backstory:
Hyacinth grew up in a city near Inkopolis. She never tried to socialize, as much as that would puzzle one person. Otherwise, Hyacinth lived a relatively normal childhood, though she always clings to one major interest--anything fantasy related, and she has picked up various fantasy novels over the years. She's currently attending the Zapfish Academy.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@YarnDrawcia

Holy moly, two squid-kids worth of new blood in the span of 24 hours?! This is a very pleasant thing to see for the old GM. :D
Even if I am not explicitly old in reality, my point still stands.

It matters little to me as to the length of your posts, as you can see from the wide array of lengths that people post inside of the IC thread. If this was a more serious RP however, I would appreciate that statement. Because longer things means I can write even more for those that do so!

Still, you're accepted into the RP as I do not see any problem at all with your bio. You may introduce yourself into the RP as a late student. Get moving now. Forge isn't patient.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Honestly I'm not sure if I want to join, can some on hook me onto this? Cause I posted my character a little bit ago and I'm not sure if I need to change it becaue I'm not sure if it is too op

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Honestly I'm not sure if I want to join, can some on hook me onto this? Cause I posted my character a little bit ago and I'm not sure if I need to change it becaue I'm not sure if it is too op
Post your characters info on here, and then I'll decide if it needs changes for the setting, though if you consider your character OP, then it most likely does need changing.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Modified profile to fit this situation.

Yin

Appearence: He is a black inkling (color) that wears a bandanna a red tank top, and normal pants.
Familly: He knew his mother and father but that was very brief.
Backstory:
Yin was born with his twin sister, Yang They lives a normal life for a short time until his father and mother went away on their anniversary. Yin waited for them to come back but they never did. Yin walked from their apartment to their beach house a couple miles away, only to discover his parents lying on the floor not moving. After that Yin was traumatized until his sister got so worried she forced him to do something with his life. They discover turf wars and used that to fuel his anger and sadness into something useful.
Weapons: Yin uses a hydra splatling but can use chargers and rollers also.
Personality:Yin is a friendly student that is sad sometimes for no reason. He can be very competitive at times, but other times he just sits and focuses on what he's doing, ignoring distractions but can still interact with people.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Ok!

Yin

Appearence: See profile pic
Familly: He knew his mother and father but that was very brief.
Backstory:

WARNING! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ MY BOOK (don't know where to post that...) THEN SKIP TO THE NEXT SECTION!!!

Yin was kidnapped at birth with his twin sister, Yang, and disappeared into octo valley/canyon. They were both trained from birth as killing machines. At night they turn into demon types of themselves.
Will post soon
They competed in tournaments until one day a bright light sucked them up in the middle of a match and were taken. They woke up in inkopolis tower and escaped from agents 1,2, and 3 (Who they though were bad). They got out and were met by a very friendly inkling named tsunami. She dragged them into a splatfest and they did a match and were instant pros. After that they got on the show with Callie and Marie and had a little interview. They went outside and were attacked by what was Yin's friends, Chomp, Lavender, Volt, and Jet. Right now, he is just wandering around with his sister and friend Tsunami.

Weapons/Accessories: Yin uses a modified hydra splatling which has ink tanks and a faster charge speed. Yin can just hold the splatling and it charges but very slowly. When at full ink, he can fly up with a jet pack . His special is a jet pack but he he fires off his hydra rapidly.(note: I had this idea before I knew that this was a actual special in the game.) He has a AI tablet called ICAT, Intelligent Computer and Tracker, that is like a map in the real game. His shoes are magnetic so he doesn't get pushed back by his hydra, but they can be normal magnetic shoes also.He has many more crazy weapons but they're back in octo valley/canyon.

Is this good? Also I don't know where to post my fanfic where this guy came from
Ok... To put it simply, this kinda character doesn't belong in a RP like Zapfish. The characters in Zapfish are mostly normal students, and having a "killing machine" for a student would be completely out of place. Not to also mention Yin becoming an "instant pro" during a Splatfest match makes him stupidly OP.

I'd change his background story a little bit, provide Yin's personality, which isn't listed here, and don't give him things he'll probably never use in the RP like the magnet shoes. Oh, and for future reference, you can post your fanfic in the Original Content on SmashBoards.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Ok... To put it simply, this kinda character doesn't belong in a RP like Zapfish. The characters in Zapfish are mostly normal students, and having a "killing machine" for a student would be completely out of place. Not to also mention Yin becoming an "instant pro" during a Splatfest match makes him stupidly OP.

I'd change his background story a little bit, provide Yin's personality, which isn't listed here, and don't give him things he'll probably never use in the RP like the magnet shoes. Oh, and for future reference, you can post your fanfic in the Original Content on SmashBoards.
Ok sorry I don't have very many ideas. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom