• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
still finalizing things on my end for this plan i have setup. i will make a comment here when its about time to do it.

also if anyone hasn't seen it yet my two fanfics are updated (link in my signiture)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
@Rustic told me to do it whenever. so i guess scense the RP has stalled out i can start it up.

Everyone ENJOY the show!. It could be your last (not really you have GM protection)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Alrighty, so I was thinking for a scene after this one has ended. Well, I already thought it up but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for scenes that could later be implemented and played out.

So, has anyone thought up anything that they would like to share? It's completely fine if you feel like messaging me for a 1-on-1 chat or simply posting your idea up here. Obviously, I'll only be able to do one at a time since I can't really do multiple plots all at once as that'll be really confusing and take a long time to write up each post(wow, Rustic, it's not like you take 10 years to post anyway). As I had done for this scene, I'll be in contact with you as the scene plays out as you'll(yes you) will be in relative control of the scene. Like a mini-GM! Wow! Free, albeit limited, powers! :D

Otherwise, you'll simply be a student in the RP. But you'll have some tug on the scene's path, details, heck if you discuss it with me I'll let you create a character just for the scene! Wonderful, right? :)

Of course, whatever ideas you may come up might not get accepted. As there will be some form of quality control, however, that doesn't mean I'll shoot you down faster than an Octo Bombardier against a really skilled Agent 3. I'll very likely listen to you, and if I see anything that might be wrong, such as lack of longevity, inappropriate setting/story(I hope it isn't), Mary/Gary Sue/Stu qualities of any proposed characters, that kind of thing.

If anyone has an idea or two they'd like to share, feel free to post it here and it might just become a thing.

Last edited:

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Since you're starting a new chapter soon... I'm gonna post my application.

I was considering trying to play as another OC I've been working on but I know I'll regret not using my main OC. I'll also be using an older design for her because it kinda fits this better.

Name(s): Josephine (Jojo) Greene

Race: Inkling

Appearance:

(squid in my avatar is general basis. Also, I have a sketch but it's pretty terrible)

Her tentacles are pastel green with dark blue tips. She has 4 short tentacles on her forehead, the largest of which usually covers her left eye, and 2 longer tentacles pulled into a ponytail held in place by a silver hairclip. She has large, innocent blue-green eyes and a pale complexion. Her ears are slightly downturned and she has an intricately designed silver cuff on her right ear. She is shorter than most Inklings and has a curvy, strong build, justifying her unusual physical strength, although working on a farm for the first 14 years of her life contributes to that.

She tends to dress in stylish, streamlined clothes and wears lots of jewelry. Her normal outfit consists of a fitted white t-shirt and a high-waisted black miniskirt over dark green galaxy print tights and shiny black dress shoes. She also wears a dark green scarf, a necklace with the ranked battle logo on the pendant, and silver bracelets on each arm. She also always wears the classic straw boater.

When it comes to battles or when she's working in her workshop, she switches out her skirt for a shorter, looser fitting skirt over black leggings, blue moto boots, and takes off her jewelry and scarf, with the exception of her pendant, which gives her the shirt abilities.

Relations: Her older brother Topher (27) and her father Anthony (55). Her mother left them when she was 3.

Personality: A sweet yet boisterous Southern Belle who hates being taken advantage of. She's extremely strong, both physically and mentally, and doesn't mind getting her tentacles dirty. It takes a lot to anger her, but if you do, you better watch out because she can become incredibly violent and her physical strength is not something you want to be on the wrong end of. After all, she's wrestled great white sharks.

She's extremely snarky and speaks her mind often without thinking about the consequences which has gotten her in trouble with other players in turf battles. She can also be very cynical when things don't go her way. A lot of people would consider her to be an annoying spoiled brat, but she's perfectly nice and friendly, although it's hard to see at first. She values loyalty and trust above all things and would never betray anyone or let them down, and is willing to stay by her friends’ side through thick and thin, even if she acts like she doesn't like them.

In many cases, the worse she acts towards someone, the more she likes them. However it could mean that she actually does hate them, but in the cases of like, she acts the way to hide her feelings of affection and care.

Backstory: Raised on a farm with her father and brother, she never had any formal schooling and instead was taught through experience rather than traditional methods. Her father would have her do things like write up reports to send to vendors, collect files on product stocks, and calculate profits based on various costs in order to teach her the basic skills needed for life. Along with that, she learned many other skills such as gardening, cooking, sewing, and blacksmithing, which she used to design and sell her own line of jewelry and accessories to earn some extra cash.

Despite having a very close relationship with her father and brother, she was curious about the rest of the world, especially the kind of people who were buying her products (they had internet and she sold her stuff online and had it shipped, it's not like they lived in the boonies). She noticed a dramatic increase in sales and demand at a certain point, and was curious as to what brought it on. After a bit of research and asking her fams, she learned that an extremely well-known S+99 had bought something from her and everyone loved it, so she told them that she had bought it from her. Curious where this girl's fame came from, Jojo decided to try her hand at ink battles to take a break from working.

She started taking the train into the city a few times a week to both explore the urban culture and participate in battles . She never became great at battles, but she really enjoyed the experience. Moreso, she admired the lifestyle and the fashion in the city, and started writing a fashion blog that became popular quickly due to her already well-known accessory line.

Despite being fairly intelligent, she decided to use her money to enroll in Zapfish academy to get a proper education so she could pursue a career in business

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
So I was thinking, how about we do a general Turf War thingy after the Octoling stuff? Or maybe thats too generic or unrelated to the RP at hand?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
So I was thinking, how about we do a general Turf War thingy after the Octoling stuff? Or maybe thats too generic or unrelated to the RP at hand?
I'm already doing that for the next scene with a little bit of a story attached to it, unless you've got more stuff to go along with this Turf?

@JoJoTheSalty

Accepted, you'll be introduced in the next scene so stick around. Another thing, the previous post I made before your application applies to you now. So if you've any ideas, you can state them and I'll look over them. Much like Zerul's scene(the current one), you will mostly be in control of the scene.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I'm already doing that for the next scene with a little bit of a story attached to it, unless you've got more stuff to go along with this Turf?

@JoJoTheSalty

Accepted, you'll be introduced in the next scene so stick around. Another thing, the previous post I made before your application applies to you now. So if you've any ideas, you can state them and I'll look over them. Much like Zerul's scene(the current one), you will mostly be in control of the scene.
I gonna suggest something like an extreme version of tag of some sorts using a private battle system. Lucas could bring it up during a class period in order to "bring the mood up" after the events of the Octo Valley trip.

Rules that could be implemented is that a person who's hit by the ink of a weapon is it, though if you want we could work around some rules.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I gonna suggest something like an extreme version of tag of some sorts using a private battle system. Lucas could bring it up during a class period in order to "bring the mood up" after the events of the Octo Valley trip.

Rules that could be implemented is that a person who's hit by the ink of a weapon is it, though if you want we could work around some rules.
Well, we could talk about it. Do you have a template in hand? I do have one, but it's more suited for PC v NPC rather than PvP.
If you want, we can talk on this in a Conversation or remain here.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Coerulus @Zerul @MacSmitty @Zawlt @TACarbuncle @JoJoTheSalty

Oi, here's an announcement for all of you. I plan to end this scene because it has dragged way too long and begin the next one. So, in the coming days, I will begin a series of postings that will have the Zapfish Class leave Octo Valley and come back to home turf.

Then the next scene will begin, in which we will definitely accept any and all that applies, and they'll actually be able to play without me jamming them into the group. Anyway, a little heads-up on the next scene involves history. Who's history? I dunno, it's someone's.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Yeah, the fight scene was kinda dragged out, and not to also mention it didn't seem fair that the Octorian Militia could fire down the students whereas the students couldn't properly retaliate with the weapons they were carrying without starting a "Great Turf War 2".

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
TBH it was suppose to end when Zerul got saved. SOMEONE wanted to start up the fight again.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Coerulus @Zawlt @MacSmitty @Zerul @TACarbuncle

Do you guys want to simply 'teleport' out of Octo Valley or RP your way out of it? Or perhaps a combination of the two? Ex: teleport to the elevator, hijack a boat and sail all the way back to Inkopolis?

EDIT:
Actually, no this has overstayed its welcome. Sorry for tagging everyone spontaneously, and potentially dashing Jojo's hopes of actually entering the RP.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I'd say teleport with a small summary of how our crew got out of the situation. Though I'd wonder how Zerul(the character) will be dealt with considering that he's the reason that the events kickstarted.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I'll say that he surprise-kicked in the nuts by Forge for not dressing inconspicuously.
Nah, I'm pulling your leg. Or am I?

In all seriousness though, he'll probably get some consequences out of it from Forge.
(Maybe he gets his armor banned from school because Zerul's Zerul has a dependency on it. Not to mention it's a clear beacon that says "hey! I stole an advanced, expensive piece of equipment!" jk, Zerul, I wuv u, as I wuv all my players. <3 Or do I?)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
*nukes Rustic from Orbit*

I DIDN"T START THAT SECOND FIGHT OK! I PLANED FOR IT TO END AFTER THE LEADER WAS TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!!!

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
I wouldn't mind joining if you still have open slots.

Name: Silvaa, Sil
Species: Inkling
Eye Color: Blue
"Default" Ink Color: Navy Blue
Art/Appearance: http://leagueofdevack.deviantart.com/art/Silvaa-s-Bio-642716998 Additional Notes: Sil wears long pants instead of the default shorts (Also, the shoes on the actual art are outdated, he instead wears the shoes shown under the "Gear" heading. Also, ignore the information under "Bio" and "History", as I'll be rewriting them here.
Relations: Remi (Younger brother), Parents are deceased.
Personality: Sil is calm and patient, always willing to lend a hand to someone in need. He doesn't tolerate bullies, and bad puns can quickly get under his collar. Despite the loss of his parents, Sil manages to retain an optimistic outlook on all things. However, his greatest fear is being alone in life.
Backstory: Sil became interested in Turf Wars at an early age, and began competing as soon as he was old enough. He was rising through the ranks, while his parents worked on restoring old areas for use as battles. One day, while his parents were working on updating Bluefin Depot, they were killed when a crane collapsed onto the walkway they were working on, knocking them, and everyone else into the water. Sil gave up a promising career in ranked battles in order to look after his younger brother, Remi, who had developed depression and become timid upon the death of their parents. While he still competes in unranked Turf War battles on occasion to try to keep his skills sharp, he can often be found working at Jelly Fresh in order to earn enough money to provide a living for himself and his brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom