Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Throughout the trip, Viola decided to try and be as upbeat as she could. Someone had to be optimistic. Why not her? As the bus ride and the ferry went along, she used her music player and DS to keep herself as calm as possible. Upon reaching Octo Valley, Viola looked out to the soldiers that were to be their tour guide and her eyes widened. "Whoa....It's like we're ambassadors, here to make peace!" She said quietly, her imagination going on overdrive before she shook the thought out of her head.

She looked around at the houses as they walked, squinting her eyes as they walked into the cavern. Kind of wish my hair glowed. Would make it actually useful for once... She thought to herself as she tried to keep from bumping into anything or anyone. Her ears twitched a little as she heard Aria talking to Zerul. She quickly caught up and walked beside Zerul, giving him a reassuring smile to help him feel better

@Zerul

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul @TACarbuncle

"I didn't know school outfits had giant battery on them," Aria answered the boy, frowning a little at how defensive he became. "And... made of a metal framework too?" She didn't know what to make of the kid, dressed in a very unusual outfit for a field trip. All of the other students in the field trip wore the usual attire, and then here he was in what seemed to be a exoskeletal-suit.

She noticed the other kids banding around him, apparently he was popular with them enough to make them become defensive about him. She looked at the reassuring-girl, wondering the relationship between them was. "You two are friends or..?"

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas followed the group with a dull eyed look on his face. He had attempted to bring prank materials as weapons, only to have them confiscated before the trip. After meeting the captain and finally Aria, he could tell that this trip wasn't going to go down well.
Looking at his classmates, Coerulus was near his father, likely being calmed down. While watching them Lucas made a mental note to introduce himself later on.
Then there was Zawlt and Viola, the only two Inklings that, as far as the little sky blue Inkling could tell, weren't on edge. With Zawlt he appeared nonchalant, while Viola seemed to be putting up a mask with her upbeatness to hide her nervousness.
Then there was Zerul. The Octoling boy had been on edge ever since the announcement of the trip, and he was clearly annoyed, given the way he responded to Aria's question. Lucas didn't know Zerul well compares to Lydia or Viola, but he did know that based on being in his general presence that he responded in strange ways when he is called out, or his Octoling heritage is brought up.
For the now, the little sky blue Inkling could nothing but take pictures of the area, thinking in mind that he could use for a hilarious "I went to Octo Valley and survived" photos.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri stared down at the ground, wondering if she was actually going to be okay or not. She didn't know the answer to that question, and she really wished that she did. She felt like she was defenseless, as she tried to bring a few suction bombs to use as a defense mechanism, but they only ended up being confiscated. She also wished that her brother would at least be there, since he was the only person she really knew. Lost in thought, she looked up only to see that she was falling behind from walking so slowly. She would run a bit to catch up, then fall behind again, and that cycle kept repeating itself for quite a while.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul looks at Viola when she approached and smiled at her. "Yes, we are friends. Now if you were to be a tour guide why are you letting those in front wonder around aimlessly? even you should know how dangerous it is to just wander around down here." He eyes Aria with a very questioning look. "Well. Aria we going to get the tour underway or do you want these inklings to stumble into the deeper sections of Octovalley by mistake?"

@Rustic

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Exactly! We're friends! I'll always be here to help Zerul, as I'm sure he'd be there for me!" Viola said, giving a big grin, as she usually did.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Hmm... I see that someone is mad about coming back here and is quite snappy..." Aria rolled her eyes to show that she wasn't amused by his antics.

"But a tour of a cavernous walkway is what you want?" She asked, showing that she wasn't even supposed to say anything about the path they were on. "Well, you see that railing on the right over there?" Aria pointed ahead at the railing Forge was casually leaning on to wait for the students to arrive. "That railing was first touched by your teacher over there, it'll be probably be cleaned at some point just because it gets dusty and dirty down here sometimes," She continued her 'tour', "Also, you see that bottomless void down there? It leads to the bottom of Octo Valley, a desolate, lifeless, horrible place. Which I guess you originate from, judging by your less-than-jovial attitude. Be careful with your step, I wouldn't appreciate it if anyone fell off." She affixed Zerul with an annoyed glare, before returning a smile to Viola.

"And for your first question," she continued. "I'm assigned to all of you, including your teacher who is trailing behind. He's older than you, and I know you can run, but can he? No offense." Aria apologized to the Jellyfish,

"None taken," Mr. Porta replied, slightly puffing up from that minor insult, "But she does have a point, Zerul."

"You guys are slow!" Forge called out from ahead, "it's literally a straight line to a kettle. Now pick up your feet and get going!"

@TACarbuncle @Zerul

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas listened to Aria's sarcastic tour of the walkway they were on sweatdropping. He honestly didn't know how to respond, but he hoped that Zerul's attitude didn't set back the trip or cause any trouble in the future.
Hearing Forge calling for them to hurry up, he decided that now was his chance to break free of the group to avoid a potential argument. Jumping ahead of the group, he says rather causally,
"Hey, I'm gonna join Forge. See you all by the kettle OK?" At that he put his hands in the pocket of his hoodie and power walks to Forge and the kettle. @Rustic

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs. "Look i didn't want to be here but since i'm an octarian from here. i had to be on the trip this way i could keep everyone else in my group out of trouble. and my attitude is bad because your capitan would just love to get her hands on me, to make an example. you know why."

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Aria looked at him as if he just said something exceedingly weird. "Uh... I don't, actually. But whatever it is, it er... seems really bad." She seemed to not know what to further talk about, awkwardly looking away from Zerul. "Mr. Porta, right? Do you know?"

Mr. Porta shrugged, "sorry. But I don't know either."

@Zerul

---

Over by the kettle, Forge glanced down at his phone. No service. "Damn," he grumbled, putting it away. He looked up when he heard Lucas approach, frowning a little when he saw that he looked a little off. "Fear of the dark getting to you too?" Forge asked.

@MacSmitty

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul shakes his head. "I'm an octarian living with Inklings do the math." Not wanting to talk much more he pushes on leading the group through the dimly lit area to where Forge was standing.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Wow," Aria watched the anxious Octoling hurry off. "To be honest, I'm kinda glad this is just a field trip. I don't think I could stand a week with him." She pulled Mr. Porta along closer to the kettle, looking behind her to see Neri trailing behind them. "Miss, I'm gonna have to ask you to keep up." She told her.

@ayyumeme @Zerul

Last edited:

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
When Forge called out to the rest of the group with being a bit slow, he jumped a little as the older inkling shook his head. "He's just as loud as your father." he hummed as he picked up the pace alongside Coerulus to meet with the teacher at the kettle.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
As he made his way towards the kettle where Forge and several other students were Zawlt decided to pull out his phone. First thing he noticed that he had no signal, "Oh right, our SIM cards don't work over here," he thought to himself. He then sat down right where he was and opened his phone to take the card out. He then reached into his bamboo hat and pulled out a small purple and black chip and sat it in place of the card he normally had in his phone. He then put his phone back together and powered it up. After it was fully booted up the first thing he noticed that he had five hundred and forty-seven missed calls and text messages added together. Upon closer inspection they were mostly from the same one number. He then hopped back up on his feet and continued to the kettle where everyone else was headed or at.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"I not really afraid of the dark." replied the small Inkling boy. "It's just that two Octolings were having a dispute. I just wanted to get out of the tense atmosphere as quick as possible." Inspecting the kettle, he continued by saying as the others arrived. "You'll see what I mean."
@Rustic

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Uh...Um... Wait up!" Viola said, chasing after Zerul as he rushed ahead. She remained mostly silent upon catching up, not wanting to stir things up more.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs and looks at Viola. he leans in close and whispers in her ear. "I really don't like being back here. I'm sure if they found out I used to work here they would put me on trial right now in front of everyone."

@TACarbuncle

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"O-Oh... Then why are you wearing that armor instead of something more casual?" Viola whispered back, a little confused. Casual wear seems like it'd attract less attention.

@Zerul

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
She nodded quickly before she began to jog a bit, trying to catch up with the rest of the group.
@Rustic

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul shakes his head. "Because by the laws here I should be killed on the spot for treason, and desertion."

@TACarbuncle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom