Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He took a glance around, noting that aside from the heated discussion between Zerul and Mr. Porta, the others did share the same worries of going to Octo Valley. While he didn't know of the accident that happened at camp, he did know of Coach Forge and that just from the sight of him alone was about to ensure that they would be carefully watched over in the event of any hostiles. But he did still want to pose one more question...

He raised a hand to catch Mr. Porta's attention. "Uhm...I know that we will have teachers to accompany us...but is it a possibility to bring chaperones for an extra measure?" he whispered, lowering his hand. "It's just...a thought...but I understand if it can't happen..." he continued softly.

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Coerulus
(Eh, I added a little more detail. Felt this was a bit bare bones originally.)

Mr. Porta strained to hear Coerulus' question, his ears weren't what they used to be, but he got what he asked nonetheless. "Yes, Coerulus," he nodded, "it is possible to bring parent or guardian chaperones. However, they will have to pay for a boat ticket for the ferry to Octo Valley, along with their own room in the hotel we're staying in. All of that tallies into a hefty sum of money, I'm afraid."

Last edited:

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt had no clue what the scrub on the microphone was saying in the slightest because of his nervousness. It was then made a bit more clear when Zaps all of a sudden screamed Octo Valley, but he didn't know much else. "Octo Valley huh?" he thought to himself, "wonder how they're doing after all these years." It wasn't until he got to Mr. Porta's class that he got the full story. While they were all asking questions and panicking he drowned out most of the negative which was just about everything being said in the classroom. He was thinking back on the last time he was in Octo Valley seven years ago.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He gave a short nod. "Don't worry...money isn't a problem for my daddy. I just wanted to ask if that would be alright...cause while they won't stop me as they wouldn't want to hold me back from learning things...they would also hold some concern and would ask me if one of them could come along to add an extra hand." he said as he ducked his head a little. @Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Well, if your father wants to join. Then you can just ask him with these forms that I've yet to hand out. I er... forgot about them," he admitted, pulling open a shelf on his desk and pulling out foolscap-sized forms. Mr. Porta stood up and handed them out to the students.

On the paper detailing the things they would do in Octo Valley, along with detailing the other groups that students would be put with their respective guides. It seems that everyone in Mr. Porta's classroom was put in a group together, being led by both him and Coach Forge. A blank space at the bottom of the paper beside the signature for any chaperones that the kids might have. Along with a seemingly out-of-place name segregated from the rest of that group, it wasn't a student, nor was it a teacher as it had didn't have a title or anything attached to it. Just listed at the bottom of the page.
It was simply the name Aria that was put into Mr. Porta's group.

There were other names for students who were also going, along with their teachers. They all had the same kind of name segregated from them as well. A person's name without any adornment or specialty. Just a plain name at the bottom of the column of a group.

(( GM Notice! The scene will startup in full on Friday. So stay tuned and such. Tagging everyone right now so people can see this note, as I'm too lazy to put one up on the OOC. ))
@Zerul @TACarbuncle @Zawlt @⭐️Zapfish⭐️ @MacSmitty @ayyumeme @Coerulus

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola looked at the hand out. "Well, I doubt my dad will be able to chaperone. Too much work." She said, leaning on her hand as she looked it over. I wonder who this Aria person is. She thought to herself.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He gave a nod as he took the form, reading it over and was curious of the segregated name. 'Huh...guess we'll find who that is later...' he thought as he went to place the form into his bag so it wouldn't get lost and now was thinking of who should come along with him.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri shakily raised her hand, looking towards Mr. Porta. "Um...I-I have a question, if you're still letting people ask..." She began, her voice quieter than most of the people in the room. She prayed that he could hear her. @Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@ayyumeme

Mr. Porta saw Neri's hand rise up, but didn't hear anything aside from a low whisper.
"Sorry, Neri, I didn't quite catch that. Can you ask that again?" He asked her, straining to hear Neri.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
"Um..will we be allowed to bring anything to defend ourselves? There could be hostile Octarians near us..." She managed to raise her voice a bit, enough so that Mr. Porta could hear her.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas looked at his with disinterest, though he couldn't help but wonder who was this "Aria" person.
Probably some Octoling guide or something... He thought. He didn't have any chaperons he'd want to bring at all, so he ignored the chaperons section of the page.
Hearing his fellow classmates voices and questions, there was no doubt discomfort in the room, and it probably went to eleven after Neri asked if they could bring weapons. At that, Lucas had to strongly resist an urge to facepalm.

There's no way Mr. Porta would say yes! Would he? He thought while looking down at his desk again.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@ayyumeme

Mr. Porta quickly shook his head when he heard Neri's question. "Are you planning on bringing a weapon there? Neri, you shouldn't say such things. I'm certain that they'll be willing to defend the students of Zapfish Academy," he said, trying to sooth her worries.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
She nodded in acknowledgement to Mr. Porta's reply, seeming to calm down a little. She wondered if going would really be that bad, since she wouldn't be alone, at least. She decided that the only thing she could do is wait until she was there and see what happens.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs and just sits there ignoring the paperwork. He didn't have any parents and he figured the teacher would make sure he was on the trip anyways.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
A week later on the day of the field trip, the students were still worried about it. Would they be attacked? Robbed? Burglarized? Turned into sashimi squid--or octopus--and served on a silver platter to some slovenly Octarian? Probably everything but that last one was likely.

A few buses were parked out front of Zapfish, likely predicting the low number of participating students in the field trip. All of them probably worried about being lynched by vengeful Octarians.

Coach Forge was out there, standing with a clipboard as he scratched a checkmark for each student that stepped onto the buses, making a headcount for each person. Mr. Porta stood beside him, blurbling discontentedly as he looked at the students. Most looked worried, or had a nervous energy to them as if they were ready to run at a moment’s notice.

Chaperones were in the parking lot, waiting for when the buses left to Port Mackerel. Some of the more overprotective ones were talking to their kids, telling them to be careful there and the like.

“You think they’re gonna be alright there?” Mr. Porta asked, “I’m not certain about this trip anymore…”

Forge replied to the Jellyfish without taking his eyes off of the clipboard. “They’ll be fine, just as long as they don’t do anything stupid…” His tone seemed to say the answer for him, that they were certain to get into trouble. “Hopefully this tour guide of ours isn’t an absolute wuss either…” he trailed, not paying full-attention to his conversation.

“Hmm… yes, I hope so too.” Mr. Porta agreed, getting into the bus. Forge stayed outside to count the last few students boarding the buses, before getting in one himself.

The buses drove off, heading to Port Mackerel. The ride was rife with nervous murmurs and had a worried energy to it that seemed to irk everyone.

After a somewhat silent ride, the bus arrived at its destination of Port Mackerel. The students filing out of the buses quickly. Forge doing a rapid headcount in his head as they went, boarding the ferry.

The ferry, which had a somewhat homely feel to the passenger compartment. Not to mention it was quite spacious with more than enough room for all of them. It seems the boat was made to accommodate them and make their journey to Octo Valley less worrisome, and more comfortable.

Coach Forge went to the bow of the ship and simply stood there, watching the sea ahead of him. While Mr. Porta went inside and sat down in one of the many passenger seats in the center of the room.

The chaperones quickly boarded shortly after the students settled into their spots on the ferry, finding their kids and talking with them, most of them reassuring their nervous kids that the trip will be alright. While others simply talked with them, trying to take their mind off of the trip’s potential outcomes.

And with that, the boat began its voyage to Octo Valley. Quickly passing beneath Hammerhead Bridge, and soon passed Bluefin Depot.

Soon after that, the boat went into the open sea between Octo Valley and Inkopolis. The city far behind them as the mountain looming ahead on the horizon growing larger as they approached it. As they got closer, they could see a giant rock formation shaped like an Octopus.

The boat gave it a wide berth, heading instead to a small bay beneath it. A lighthouse and some floating bouys, the bells within them chiming ever once in a while when the waves pushed into them. The lighthouse guided the ferry into the bay.

The boat came into view of a coastal fishery. The town itself was small, having only just a couple of houses. The harbor was connected to a large entrance into the mountain. No doubt leading down into Octo Valley itself. At the dock, a small group of maroon-tentacle'd Octolings were lined up being spoken to by an Octoling with a kelp wreath around her oily black tenta-hair.

When the boat got closer, the lights of the homes in the village turned on. Figures shifting behind the curtained windows as people peeked past them. The boat docked at the harbor, the students disembarking from the boat and grouped up on the docks. A nervous murmur rising up as they looked at the Octolings who were very clearly not tour guides but instead soldiers, likely there to defend them should they need it.

The students quieted once the Octoling captain spoke up. "Students of Zapfish Academy!" She shouted, gathering the attention of all of them. "Welcome to Octo Valley," she wasted no time getting to the point, "these are your assigned tour guides."

The captain pointed at the first Octoling, a stout, short one of the group. "He's Peyton, the guide for that group." She pointed at a large Jellyfish teacher, accompanied by half a dozen chaperones and their kids.

The Octoling continued to assign them to their designated groups, the Octolings ushering them into the entrance to Octo Valley. Until it came to the last group and the last soldier-guide. Mr. Porta's and Forge's.

"She is Aria," she said, introducing the tall, built soldier. Aria bowed her head slightly to the remaining students, approaching them. The captain approached the group, "have a pleasant stay in Octo Valley." It was clear she wasn't pleased about their arrival, giving a slight nod to the two teachers before leaving them with Aria.

Her face was stony and unwavering, at least until the captain disappeared into the cavernous entrance leading underground to Octo Valley. "Hi, all of you," she waved a greeting to them, "don't mind my captain. She's just a little... er... sore about letting Inklings into Octo Valley after 100 years." Aria realized that wasn't really the best start to a chat with her group, looking down slightly. "Well, let's get going then. If you guys have any questions about our next destination, I'll do my best to answer them."

"Yes, well, let's go then. It's getting dark anyway," Mr. Porta said, pointing out the sunset skies above and following their guide into the darkened entrance. Forge followed after him.

@Zerul @MacSmitty @Coerulus @ayyumeme @Zawlt @TACarbuncle @⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul didn't feel safe heading back to Octovalley unarmed. though he would be outnumbered at least he had the combat skills of an elite due to the dangerous training he went through for the R&D department. He really didn't want to go back there but he was forced to because...well...he was an Octarian. He rigged up his power armor with a new power cell and oiled it so it was ready for anything. When they all got on the bus he was dreading every mile they drove. The ferry ride wasn't much better. its when they arrived at Octovalley that his fears were realized. The captain that was there to greet them had a very nasty rep of making examples of Inkling sympathizers. Now he knew it was a bad idea to come here. he just hopes she doesn't notice him.

When his group headed into Octovalley his eyes quickly adjusted to the low light in the place. It wasn't much different than when he left but the fear of him getting spotted was defiantly on his mind. he tries to stay in the middle of everyone this way he couldn't get picked out too easily even though he was one of a small handful of Octarians that were there from Zapfish.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Aria looked back at the group, most of them were carefully stepping forward because of the dark lighting. Especially Mr. Porta. The elderly Jellyfish made his way through the dark cavern carefully, trying not to trip on anything. Not to mention, he was trailing behind the group.

Aria walked back to him and taking his hand, she guided the Jellyfish. She matched his pace as well, slowing down to stay with him. She looked around the crowd of kids, taking her goggles off from their perch on her forehead, she put them over her eyes and looked at them. Easily viewing them because of the goggles adjustments to her vision, brightening and sharpening everything for easier visibility. Aria noted that they were all wary of everything, but she didn't know what to say to the kids. She didn't know how to deal with them, especially with how they practically feared everything Octarian--

Wait... She thought, narrowing her eyes behind the goggles. Is that an Octoling in my group? Aria looked closer at Zerul, carefully--out of concern for Mr. Porta mainly. She walked closer to the boy, now seeing that he had almost no difficulty in walking through the dark passage.

Turning to Mr. Porta, she asked. "You have an Octoling in your group?"

"Yes, there's an Octoling. Zerul, I believe." He replied, confirming her suspicion.

That's... nice. She didn't have a good feeling about that, especially with the weird getup he was wearing. What is that? "Excuse me," she poked Zerul's back. "Sorry, but may I ask what you're wearing?" Aria asked him.

@Zerul

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Throughout the entire trip he noticed how everyone was in a panic, yet it seemed he was the only one not entirely bothered with going to Octo Valley. When they got there he took in his surroundings seeing if he could remember anything from his last visit, "Hmm...I see some things have changed here, but not too many things at least," he thought to himself. He then took notice when Aria decided to approach Zerul wondering how this will possibly end out. To his knowledge it could get pretty messy whenever Zerul was confronted in a certain way.

@Rustic @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul feels someone poke his back and he turns around to look at Aria his vision narrowed he was clearly not enjoying this trip. "It's my school outfit. why do you ask?" He was clearly beating around the bush not liking the fact he was already picked out of the crowd.

@Rustic

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
The air was ripe with fear and anticipation of the unknown throughout the trip and a little of it had gotten to him as they went along. But the comfort of the parent that came along eased things. He had nothing to worry about. He knew well the school made sure that every contingency was taken to make sure that the trip was safe for students and he didn't want to doubt that too much. Upon their arrival to Octo Valley, he was off the ferry and walking along with the others, holding the hand of the marigold that came along.

"Don't be so scared, squiddie. This will be a fine learning experience for you and I know your teachers will have everything handled along with our guide." he spoke. He glanced up to him before giving a nod. "Ok, papa." he said softly as they continued to follow the rest of the group. He then saw that Aria went up to Zerul and was worried of how the conversation would go, seeing that Zerul already was uncomfortable of coming to Octo Valley as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom