• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Sure Illex." The small light Inkling said while shaking the older Inklings hand. "What has Coer said about me anyway...?" He asked eyeing the boy hiding behind his father and while still listening for Illex to respond, he made a "come on" gesture to Coerulus.
@Coerulus

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"Well he told me how kind you were when he first began his studies at the academy. That you two became quick friends and he was oh so pleased to have another turf friend to play with." Illex spoke, patting Coerulus' head before tapping him to move away from behind. He nodded and did so to stand before Lucas. "Yeah, papa was really hoping for me to grow out of being so timid by being around kids my age. I...never really got along with many kids when I was younger..." he murmured softly. @MacSmitty

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Writer's Block sucks. ))
@Zerul @TACarbuncle

Mr. Porta glanced around after he came out of the elevator, taking in the surroundings as he slowly followed Zerul before he caught the end of her question. "Yes, yes... everything is alright," he responded, wide-eyed at the floating city above. Soon, they got back to the main group. "This is wonderful..." He went, astonished at the sight, "I wonder if they have that for chairs. It'd make for quite a seat."

Forge and Aria left Vivian to the other students, seeing that aside from a bump or two, she was alright with that, but not alright with all the students crowding her. Retreating to the edges of the group, they waited for everyone to quit socializing with her.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul walks over to Coerulus he came in late into the conversation. "You're doing fine for a wallflower." He was joking a bit but he meant well.
@Coerulus

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
(Eugh, I need to start posting more. Curse you, writer's block...)

Neri was a bit oblivious to all the conversation going on around her, she was too busy staring up at the city. She thought the lights were one of the prettiest things she'd ever seen, but that might've just been because she'd never really spent much time around cities or any kind.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He looked to Zerul and chuckled a little, knowing he meant well from the comment. "Well I do have a love for flowers after all." he commented back and Illex patted his head once more before he glanced to Zerul. "And who would you be?" he asked.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul looks at Illex. "My name is Zerul another one of Coerulus' friends. though he might not talk much about me since our first meeting didn't go well. he kinda...squidded himself."

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
[Whew...the pain of writing via phone...]

"I see. I can understand why he would be at first glance but to know you are friends regardless of that makes me happy. I know the lingering discourse of the past can make some on both sides of the spectrum a tad bitter but know well, Zerul, that acceptance and making friends has always been a lesson I made to teach Coerulus since he was adopted by my partner and I. I can also tell you are very kind in mind and heart as well.
" he spoke, smiling softly. "Keep that bond of friendship tight. I know well I can't always be there to watch over him so I count on you both to always keep an eye out for him when he needs it." he continued as he nodded to Zerul then the same to Lucas.

Coeurlus smiled up to his father before looking to Lucas and Zerul. "Well I suppose we should see what's up next from Mr. Porta. Avalon looks really pretty and I'm curious of what will we be doing next from here."

@Zerul @MacSmitty

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Sure Illex. I'll make sure to be the emotional crutch for Coerulus if he ever needs me." Lucas said, wrapping his arm around Coerulus's waist in a friendly way. "I'll think of it as a repayment for helping me with growth issues." he says grinning at the boy in question.
(Typing on a mobile device is a pain.)
@Coerulus

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Vivian gave a brisk nod to the adult who reassured her as Aria, and the teacher left her be, and the curious group of people who were around her seemed to thin out which let her breathe a sigh of relief. Vivian quickly began occupying herself with the city, taking out her iSquid and taking a picture or two of the structures since her grandmother was curious how much different their cities differed from their cities. After taking some pictures Vivian slipped the phone back into the pocket of her school coat and wandered among the group. I wonder if they have a Lobby for turf wars here too?

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods. "I will keep an eye out for him." he gives Corerulus a thumbs up and a smile.
@Coerulus

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He laughed a little when Lucas wrapped an arm around him and nodded. "Yep! I know I can always count on you two!" he said happily, swinging an arm around Lucas' shoulders. Illex chuckled before nodding for them to come along as he started for where Forge and Aria stood.

@Zerul @MacSmitty

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola scratched her head before wandering a little away to look at the city. She pulled out her phone and started taking pictures at the buildings. "Phones really stink for pictures." She said, a little disappointed.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Earlier...

Zawlt was separated from the group on his phone, "It's suppose to be some sort of museum here, why do you ask?" he said into his phone. He didn't have his speaker function active so only he could hear what the person on the other end was saying, "Do what ya want, but I need to be heading back now before they send out a search party, seeya later," he said as he hung up the phone. After that he begun heading back.

Presently...

Zawlt returned to the group, and to his surprise no one even noticed his disappearance. He decided to walk up to their guide for their trip, "So, now that we're here, where do we go now?" he asked.

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zawlt

Aria glanced over to Zawlt, she took a few moments to go through their next destination. The Great Turf War Museum--wait, no. The hotel, it's getting darker and colder out here by the minute. She thought. "You all are supposed to go to the "Inn Under The Cove" hotel. Silly name, I know. But it's a nice place to stay."

Aria looked upward, likely at the night sky, "you wanna wander around at nighttime? I wouldn't. Floating city may have railings. But not much can help you from falling over them to your end. Especially if you run into the seedy parts of Avalon, doesn't matter if you're an Inkling or an Octarian. They'll treat you the same way--"

"Aria, don't scare the kids." Forge scolded, listening in on them. He didn't even look up from his phone, he was playing Squid Jump Lite to pass the time.

"Right, right. I won't." She said, going back to waiting. "Anything else you want to ask?"

Last edited:

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt's eyes slightly widened after hearing their next destination, but immediately brought himself back together in the head, "No, that was all I wanted to know, thanks," he said as he walked away again while holding his chin. "Oh crud, it HAD to be THAT hotel," he thought to himself, "well, I guess they were bound to find out sooner or later." With that thought in mind he shrugged it off and proceeded to wait like a good squid would.

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Coerulus @MacSmitty @TACarbuncle @Zerul @Vivian @ayyumeme @⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Aria watched the group slowly, but steadily, approach her and Forge after a while. "Are you all ready to continue? It's dark out, and I'd rather avoid the underground chill down here," she added. It was true, though. While they were hanging around, chatting, it started to get progressively colder. Most likely because of the fact the skyscreens above and around weren't tuned to 'sun-mode' which would, obviously, mimic the warmth of the sun. However, the kettle's sauna-like heat was combating that fact.

Forge nodded his approval, "let's go to that hotel to get some sleep."

"Oh! That reminds me. I've yet to assign rooms to people," Mr. Porta chimed in, he pulled a small notepad from inside his coat and starting flipping through it until he found the page he wanted. "Okay... let's see here..." He began, putting on his reading glasses, which were also inside his coat. "Room One will have Viola, Alexandra, Vivian, and Neri. While Lucas, Coerulus, Zerul,and Gunoy will stay in Room Two. Forge and I will stay in Room Three. That okay with everyone? I can make last minute changes if you children wish."

"Let's get going then," Aria slowly started off to let the others catch up. The city's streets were slightly covered in dust and pebbles, Squee-Gees skittered on the ground, vacuuming up everything. "I wouldn't recommend riding one if you're too heavy, it'll burst it the Squee-Gee and there'll be a huge mess and we'll have to clean it up and... yeah. Just don't stand on top of one. Alright?"

"Noted." Forge replied, glancing behind him at one. It slid across the ground behind them in a zigzag pattern, attempting to clean up their footsteps. "I can see that these things are serious janitors..." He muttered.

"My, that's certainly an effective way to clean the streets." Mr. Porta marveled, watching the Squee-Gees clean everything.

Aria looked bored, "I've never seen people this interested in those things before..." She mumbled, not even paying attention to the Squee-Gees sliding about, but easily stepping over them anyway. The Octoling looked to her right, "this way, everyone." She beckoned, heading off of the main road to a side street. Still littered with little Squee-Gees roaming around, cleaning everything.

(( If you guvs got problems with the room situation, say so now! But do it in-character please. ))

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"That sounds fine with me." he replied as he went to follow the others with Illex trailing right behind him. "For me, just direct me in the process of getting my own room and I'll handle things from there, Miss Aria." he spoke, glancing to the guide. @Rustic

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
(You forgot to tag Zawlt Rustic.;) )
Removing his arm from Coerulus, Lucas follows the group, looking at the Squee-Gees sucking up every mess in the area. Being careful to not step on any of the little robots, Lucas decided to make a little quip about the room situation. "Heh. While I don't have problem with room arrangement, I can't say the same for everyone else. Maybe some might request changes in order to get close to someone they like~" He said stretching out the "like" laughing afterwards.
Though why they suggest changes? He thought.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul followed the group as they went towards the city. He ignored the cold crisp air as he was used to this sort of environment. when everyone was interested in the Squee-Gees he sighs and walks past them. "They aren't that special. and can't tell the difference between trash and not." He didn't have any complaints about the living arrangements so long as no one messed with his Octarian Powered Exoskeleton while he slept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom