• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Vivian shook her head showing no disagreement with the rooms that were chosen; she was grateful even to have a place seeing how late of an addition she was to the class. She remembered her grandfather always complaining about Squee-Gees and how they always cleaned up the wrong things back in 'his day', but as soon as Zerul pointed out their lack of sensors to identify what and what isn't trash she found her hands flying over to the pocket that held her phone, gripping it tightly just to ensure it didn't fall out and get wrecked by the tiny fish-shaped janitors.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
He overheard the room assignments and he pretty much figured they would separate the boys from the girls. "So, I'm stuck with a fandubber, a potential bed-wetter, and the octo-mech huh," he thought to himself. He just shrugged at it, "Eh, I dun really mind," he said bluntly to Mr. Porta, "all I'm concerned with is getting some sleep," he said as he let out a yawn.

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Coerulus @Zerul @Zawlt

"It's pretty much the same as getting a hotel in Inkopolis. Probably." Aria added, unsure if they completely operated the same. "I'll help your son and his classmates first, though. I'm sure you understand." She said, glancing back at him.

Aria quietly laughed at Zerul's comment on the Squee-Gees. "Don't let the engineers who maintain them catch you hearing that. They take pride in their work, and their Squee-Gees don't scoop up things. Most of them at least, so I'd still be careful with small trinkets and gadgets." She picked up a soda can off the ground, and casually threw it near one of the Squee-Gees. Its eyes ominously flared bright red and it furiously, but slowly, made its way to the can and slowly crushed and 'ate' the soda can. Contentedly, it meandered around the street as if full of food, still gathering garbage and cleaning dirt.

Mr. Porta glanced at Zawlt, "I'm sure the hotel shouldn't be too far ahead." He reassured the sleepy student, looking down the street.

(( I am perfectly aware I missed tagging Zawlt. My mind blanked and I was like, "bamboo pretzels." ))

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
[bamboo pretzels...why did i laugh way too hard reading that lol]

"Well if that's the case, then all should be well but to be sure of such of it, just accompany me once you get the kids settled in." he said with a nod as they continued along the way, watching the squee-gee make a demonstration of "eating" the soda can before going about its business. "How useful. Shame I don't have one at home. Would make cleaning up so much easier." he hummed. @Rustic

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul chuckles seeing that. "Thing is if that can was full and rolled away from you it would eat that can and then clean up the mess it made. It's scrubbers are strong enough to handle any mess. but at the same time without proper AI control they are nothing more then a mindless machine. and i can say that with confidence as most of those tech guys are all talk. they want so much stuff tested but are afraid to use there interns to test it so they brought it to the R&D department for testing. a smart move by far but then again. they are smart for coming up with the A.I. modules used in those thing but not smart enough to use a few pieced of steel to make a testing ring."

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Vivian tentatively raised her hand, an awkward smile plastered on her face "E-excuse me? What if we find a problem with our roommates afterwards?" she trusted that the other girls would be as sweet as the inkling that greeted her, but her grandfather's paranoia was something that rubbed off on her during the years, so she would like to 'just be safe.'

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
As she walked, she was able to hear who she would be sharing a room with. "T-That's okay with me..." She muttered, trying her best to keep up with the group.
@MacSmitty

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas continued to follow the group, putting on his hoodie due to the night air getting him cold. Guess none of them seemed to care about my comment on the room change suggestions. He thought while looking around.

Looking at Neri, he remembers her in the lunch room last week watching the fandub with him and Coerulus and decides to introduce himself.

Walking to her and nudging her sofly he whispers "
Hey, your the girl that watched my fandub with me right? I don't think you've ever told your name. Mines Lucas."
@ayyumeme

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul

Aria scoffed, glancing at Zerul periodically in her speech, "why do something when someone else can do it for you? It's either they don't got time to test it or they care about any future user's safety that may eventually use it that they get someone to test it. Say if someone went to lift something heavy up with that suit of yours, but say the battery was too inefficient to fuel it and failed, shutting down the suit. What do you think would happen to the person lifting up that heavy object?" She mimicked a 'splat' noise from her mouth, audibly showing what'll happen if people don't test things like Zerul's suit, using both her hands to show someone getting crushed by something. "Get what I mean? Call them stupid and lazy all you want, but they're at least approaching it in an intelligent manner." Aria concluded, fixing her goggles, which had become precariously perched on her forehead.

@Vivian

"Erm... No, unless Forge or I want to sacrifice a bed to sleep on to give to you instead." Mr. Porta looked to Forge, he quickly shook his head. "Honestly, I expected that." The Jellyfish grumbled, putting a hand to his face as he looked downward.

Forge slyly shrugged, "she doesn't know everyone. Cut me some slack. Some of them can be absolute... I can't say it, but you know what I mean."

"I'll cut you some slack when you deserve to slack off, Forge." Mr. Porta angrily rattled a tendril at him.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Having been lost in thought, she was a little bit startled when she felt Lucas nudge her. She looked toward him. "O-Oh, um, yes, My name is Neri." Her voice came out as something barely above a whisper; it seemed like she always talked like that.
@MacSmitty

Last edited:

Vivian

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
@Rustic
Vivian closed her eyes for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek as the teachers seemed to argue "Calmness and peace." she thought bitterly, just the slightest bit annoyed by Forge. Clasping her hands together in a nervous cheery voice. "It's fine Mr. Porta!" Vivian chimed, waving her hands and trying to dismiss her previous comment "I wasn't referring to myself either, it was more for the girls who might be uncomfortable with me in the room since I'm not a familiar student and all." The lie had come out smoother than she expected, better than her speaking the truth. She felt guilty troubling the jellyfish who seemed to hold his students best interests as highly as his own.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul shakes his head. "Be that as it may, it did hurt the R&D team as they had to wait till they were done with testing before anything else could be tested."

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
[Sorry for the silence. I've been without internet since Saturday]

"I don't mind the room arrangements!"
Viola piped up, having lagged behind a bit but finally caught up to the group, her phone put away.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Oh. Ok Neri." Lucas responds. After a moment of awkward silence Lucas walks away from Neri's personal space, hoping that they would get to the hotel sometime soon. @ayyumeme

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul

He just finds any way to negatively look at things, this kid. Aria thought, rolling her eyes to show that she was tired of him. "That's inevitable, isn't it? And at least some good comes out of it." She replied, slightly grumbling to herself as to why Zerul was in her group.

@Vivian

Mr. Porta simply shook his head, saying with a blurble, "I'm sure you'll find them quite amicable, Vivian. And you shouldn't feel any different to them. You're all students after all."

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Yeah!" Viola said, patting Vivian on the back. "We're all friends here! No need to be nervous!" She gave a reassuring smile to the new student, hoping to make her feel better.

@Vivian

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@MacSmitty @TACarbuncle @Vivian @Zawlt @Zerul @Coerulus @ayyumeme

Soon, the group got to the hotel. A homely styled building that stuck out of the more modern buildings, merely because it had the more older look to it. It stuck out even more when they saw the large sign out front in Octarian stating the name of the building. "Don't let the look deceive you, it's quite a nice place. Even if the owner is a bit plain." Aria said, entering the building. The students, teachers, and the lone chaperone quickly followed.

"Welcome." The Octoling clerk said, albeit in Octarian until he noticed the Inkling students and teachers, quickly correcting himself to Inklish. He awkwardly cleared his throat, giving them all a cheery "Welcome!" in Inklish. He looked at Aria, and quietly asked her, "these are the students of Zapfish, right?"

She nodded her head, answering his question, "yes, they're the students from Zapfish."

"Right, their rooms are already paid for and I got their room cards right here." The clerk replied, quickly leaving into the room behind him and came back, handing her three cards. One for each room, which would probably be medium-sized to accommodate them all. Aria turned to the students and beckoned them to the elevator, putting her hand in front of Zerul while shaking her head. "Sorry, kid. Everything is way too heavy." She tapped the shoulder-plate of the suit to show what she was getting at, "you'll have to take the stairs. It's on the 3rd floor, so you won't have to walk too much. Or you can wait for the elevator after everyone gets off it, after I show everyone to the rooms, I'll wait for you at the 3rd floor either way."

"I'll stay with him, so he's not all by himself." Forge grumbled, getting out of the elevator to go with Zerul. He would've probably done the same to any of the others if they decided to wear something that was likely exceedingly heavy for an elevator.
Anyway.
The elevator quickly went up to the 3rd floor, the doors opening accompanied by a ding. All of them leaving the elevator as quickly as they entered, Aria turned to the students. Mr. Porta separated them into both of their groups, and Aria led them all to their rooms. The boys residing in room 36, while the girls resided in room 38. The teachers living in room 37, between them both.

The students filed into their respective rooms, all except for Zerul. Who had still to make his decision on whether to wait for the elevator, or take the stairs. One of which is a good workout.

The room themselves were pretty cookie-cut in their design. Old-timey and campy, but it felt modern. Probably due to the clearly modern electronics being mixed into the room. Framed pictures of coves were hung up, some painted, while others were clearly just photographs. The rooms were split into three, well, rooms. A bedroom with multiple beds. All of them single, along with a closet. While what was obviously a kitchen and dining area was merged into the main room, which had a couch, a large TV with a small array of electronics beneath it, and a large recliner. A grandfather clock giving the entire room a gentle, clockwork ambiance. And finally, the room everyone needs, a bathroom.

(( Wrap up your conversations, everyone, and go to 'sleep.' Next GM post will be delayed due to school, but stick around. ))

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs. "Its not that heavy. its 40 lbs at most." He watches at the elevator doors close and they were off. "Well forge the stairs it is then." He looks around and spots the sign that said where the stairs was. He leads forge up to the third floor going up then rather quickly. He spots the group at the end of the hall and catches up with the group Forge right behind him. He walks into the room that he was grouped with was staying in.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola looked around the room as she plopped her bag onto a bed. "Not bad. You don't see places like this all that often." She said, sitting down and slipping her boots off.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
The light blue Inkling boy immediately ploped his bag near a bed when he entered the room and leaped onto it, letting out a sigh of content.
"Nothing beats the feeling of a bed to rest on..." he said, in a bliss.
Lifting his head he waits for his other companions to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom