• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

★ Weapons Tier List ★ [V3.0]

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Dynamo > Krak-On

The idea that Krak-On is S tier is pretty funny in general.
Yep. well after reading ALL of your replies and doing a lot more research into everything I plan on updating this tier list as well as the usage tier list that I currently have underway. :)

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I use the krak-on/splat. I'm trying to start up a youtube series where I share useful information, that doesn't seem like common knowledge.

Idk if you can do this with the stick, but flick the wall, hold the trigger, be by the wall, jump and look as high as you can, while moving into the wall and still holding the trigger. Probably not super clear, but I'll show it in a video sometime this week.
I'm pretty sure this is slower than just flicking 2-3 times. You mean flick the wall, then walk into it while rolling so that the roller goes up the wall right? Whenever I've done that it's just seemed really slow and sometimes it just doesn't ink everything the roll comes in contact with on the wall.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Okay due to all the mixed replies I need some help figuring out exactly what kind of tier list you guys would want/prefer. Are you looking more for a tier list based on mode or a tier list based on the type of weapon (rollers, blasters, etc...) because there have been requests for both. xD

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
UPDATE: Okay, after reading all of the comments and taking all of them into consideration I have done the 1st public revision of the tier list. I know most of you guys didn't agree with the first one and after looking into it I didn't either but I know that as a community with all of these suggestions we CAN from a more accurate tier list that reflects everybody's or at least close to that amounts opinions. Thanks for all the replies everybody! :D

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Dynamo in D? wut? A huge majority of the weapons above it are easily annihilated by the Dynamo's range alone.

As much as I believe a real tier list is impossible for Splatoon, if you're doing one there HAS to be seperate lists for different game modes.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Dynamo in D? wut? A huge majority of the weapons above it are easily annihilated by the Dynamo's range alone.

As much as I believe a real tier list is impossible for Splatoon, if you're doing one there HAS to be seperate lists for different game modes.
Ok working on that right away! Any suggestions for any placements? I haven't had any suggestions for the Dynamo line. On a related note do you believe the dynamo or gold dynamo is better?

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Ok working on that right away! Any suggestions for any placements? I haven't had any suggestions for the Dynamo line. On a related note do you believe the dynamo or gold dynamo is better?
I usually use the regular Dynamo in ranked because the Sprinkler and Echolocator will give you better mileage than the Inkstrike which only has an impact on Splat Zones. The weapons that give me a hard time are the Tentateks, Krak-on, Splatling, Chargers, and regular Squelchers. Mostly because they either out range me, or they can punish easily if I miss my first swing. You can take those into consideration in regards to tiers.

For Turf War the Gold is probably more useful in general, it's better for spreading ink and the longest range weapons are pretty uncommon, but the regular roller is still great if you want to play more aggressively.

Just my experiences/opinion on things.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
I usually use the regular Dynamo in ranked because the Sprinkler and Echolocator will give you better mileage than the Inkstrike which only has an impact on Splat Zones. The weapons that give me a hard time are the Tentateks, Krak-on, Splatling, Chargers, and regular Squelchers. Mostly because they either out range me, or they can punish easily if I miss my first swing. You can take those into consideration in regards to tiers.

For Turf War the Gold is probably more useful in general, it's better for spreading ink and the longest range weapons are pretty uncommon, but the regular roller is still great if you want to play more aggressively.

Just my experiences/opinion on things.
Ok wow! Thanks for all the input! Within the next week I will put together a tier list for the four modes and your input will definitely be put into it so look forward to that! By the way I love your signature! <3 xD

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Ok wow! Thanks for all the input! Within the next week I will put together a tier list for the four modes and your input will definitely be put into it so look forward to that! By the way I love your signature! <3 xD
No problem! and thanks! :)

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
I'm just going to stop ranting about the Inkbrush since you just don't like it.
But if I had to change some things on the list, it would be:
-New Squiffer should be above Classic. Inkzooka helps get rid of other chargers or people far away in general, and Ink Mines are way more helpful than Point Sensors.
-The Scope and non-Scope versions of each charger should be right next to each other. The Scope just adds a different playstyle, and their stats are barely different from the non-Scoped versions. The 3K Scope should not be 2 tiers below the non-Scoped version at all.
-I'd bump up the .96 Gal and Dynamo Roller. Both seem way too low for how good they are.
This list is still better than the first one, but having 4 different lists for each mode will look a lot better than 1 "general" list.

But if you put the Inkbrush in the lower half of the Turf Wars list then you're clearly only seeing people use the Inkbrush for their first time and haven't seen someone who knows how to actualy use it.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
I'm just going to stop ranting about the Inkbrush since you just don't like it.
But if I had to change some things on the list, it would be:
-New Squiffer should be above Classic. Inkzooka helps get rid of other chargers or people far away in general, and Ink Mines are way more helpful than Point Sensors.
-The Scope and non-Scope versions of each charger should be right next to each other. The Scope just adds a different playstyle, and their stats are barely different from the non-Scoped versions. The 3K Scope should not be 2 tiers below the non-Scoped version at all.
-I'd bump up the .96 Gal and Dynamo Roller. Both seem way too low for how good they are.
This list is still better than the first one, but having 4 different lists for each mode will look a lot better than 1 "general" list.

But if you put the Inkbrush in the lower half of the Turf Wars list then you're clearly only seeing people use the Inkbrush for their first time and haven't seen someone who knows how to actually use it.
Okay, thanks for all the suggestions! I know that the inkbrush has some skilled users, that definitely is true, but overall it still isn't that great of a weapon since it has poor range and overall subpar stats but I will definitely take all of your suggestions into consideration! :)

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
@PK21: Scoped versions of a charger actually have slightly more range than their non-scoped versions. It's slight, but sometimes that range difference will matter.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
@PK21: Scoped versions of a charger actually have slightly more range than their non-scoped versions. It's slight, but sometimes that range difference will matter.
I know, that's why I said barely any differences. It isn't enough to put them in separate tiers.

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Splatling needs to be much higher, it's arguably the best gun in the game for holding ground. A great Splatling is nigh unpassable on quite a few stages. Even when shooting without a full charge it'll destroy in close range. Splash Wall is also one of the best subs in the game, the value of instant deployable cover is always understated. The only downside is Ink Strike, but it could be argued it's a good tool to make an opposing sniper move from their nest. Also handy in Splat Zones.

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Splatling needs to be much higher, it's arguably the best gun in the game for holding ground. A great Splatling is nigh unpassable on quite a few stages. Even when shooting without a full charge it'll destroy in close range. Splash Wall is also one of the best subs in the game, the value of instant deployable cover is always understated. The only downside is Ink Strike, but it could be argued it's a good tool to make an opposing sniper move from their nest. Also handy in Splat Zones.
Ok! Thanks for the input! I've been needing input from a splatling user as I don't have much knowledge of how viable they are due to a multitude of reasons. I'll definitely take all of this into consideration when updating the tier list! :)

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
OK, for me, I don't want a weapon tier list, IMO every weapon is good, just depends on how you use it. The B Tier list I don't agree with what so ever. I have seen people DESTROY with most weapons from the B Tier list. The Kelp Splatterscope, in B Tier? Keep in mind this is my opinion, I don't agree with a Tier list for Splatoon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom