• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

4.0.0 Update Speculation Thread

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
All I want is a slight increase in range and slight decrease in charge time for the splatterscope.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
My personal 4.0 wishful thinking update list:
  • Range buff to the E-Liter series
    Now, put those pitchforks back into the shed, please. Hear me out. What made the E-Liter so r00d in the first game wasn't its range alone, it was that people were able to cut its charge time down to 3/4 or almost in half using the damage up perk. With this nightmarish ability gone, giving the E-Liter slightly more range wouldn't hurt the game much, but give the E-Liter back what it deserves. It's still a very good weapon currently, but it could be slightly better. While asking for the original range may be outlandish, a slight range buff would be not too mask to ask for, personally. Damage buff is not needed however, since 180 is already CRAZY strong at full charge, being able to kill already damaged targets through ink armor. And maybe increase projectile velocity yes that'd be a huge wish of mine thancc.
  • At least 2 more hairstyles for the Octolings
    Right now they feel inferior in terms of customization, and especially the Octoling Boy feels lackluster with his current hairstyle options. Give them at least one good-looking long-hair option similar to the octoling girl. Heck, I would be happy if Nintendo finally allowed for all hairstyles to be available for both genders, that'd mitigate some problems, honestly.
  • Bring Mahi-Mahi back
    Pretty pleaaaase?
  • One more alt kit for every weapon for more variety
    Maybe not in the 4.0 update, but in S2's lifetime still.
  • Being able to change the main ability of amiibo / campaign gear for ingame-currency
    Like, say, 10 snails. Or less snails and make it random. Because honestly, some pieces of amiibo gear and campaign gear look great, but the main abilities don't suit the builds I want to go for. And some are just flat-out trash-tier. Still salty about the ninja outfit not having Ninja Squid, like how could you mess that one up, Nintendo?! ... you can also expand this to "all gear" but that'd honestly render Annie's shop useless, so I refrained from inkluding normal gear.
  • Almost forgot: Allow for twins in Splatfest
    This is a no-brainer for me. Given that the vast majority of my friends is in the NA region, and I would have one friend to twin with within my region, I'd really love to enjoy the perks of group-saltfest over being forced to solo any day. ;n;
Splat-Charger series and Splatterscope feel fine to me. They are already really fast at charging, allowing for more leeway, and scoping up always trades off the charge hold mechanic for extra range, which feels fair. You can choose to fite me over this, however. :v

Cephalobro

As for specific Octoling hairstyles, I hope they implement one that looks similar to the original hairstyle for the Inkling Boy. Maybe now that Octolings are living with Inklings, they should get similar hairstyles to each other.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
All I want is a slight increase in range and slight decrease in charge time for the splatterscope.
A slight decrease in charge time is what's separating the Squiffer from the regular charger. I think they'll be careful with those kind of buffs. The redundancy issue already killed all other chargers except for the Bamboozler.

Reactions: the

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Meh just more haircuts for Octolings, can't think of anything else, we already got a worthwhile DLC.
And the ability to skip the news!

the

Inkling Commander
Meh just more haircuts for Octolings, can't think of anything else, we already got a worthwhile DLC.
And the ability to skip the news!
They listened to the complaints about walking across the square to get grizzco rewards, so... here’s hoping they Finally listen to these ones

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
Why is the only Quality of Life feature everyone wants now is the ability to skip the news? It's not even much of a hassle, I guess everyone just sees it easily. The friend/team features should get more renovations, swapping gear in a lobby was just one step for that. Voice chat would the biggest, it's not always easy to get a Discord setup.

Another way to spend cash to speed up getting gear abilities, I talked about this in the Gear Building thread... oh! Also in that thread, more transparency on how abilities work. Even ignoring the lack of hard numbers, something like Comeback isn't explained at all in-game. It would be nice to use the Test Facility for things like seeing effects of Ink Armor, Bomb Defense, or spawning or having a room with objects like Splash Wall and Baller to destroy. And perhaps marking gear pieces as favorites for easier sorting. Would also be nice for saving loadouts to not be an amiibo-locked QoL feature. And to redo the level unlocks for weapons to be more frontloaded, capping out at level 20 instead of 30. Man, that's a list of QoL features.

I want as many new hairstyles as possible!

Buffs and nerfs tend to happen more in other patches so I'll leave those out.

the

Inkling Commander
Why is the only Quality of Life feature everyone wants now is the ability to skip the news? It's not even much of a hassle, I guess everyone just sees it easily. The friend/team features should get more renovations, swapping gear in a lobby was just one step for that. Voice chat would the biggest, it's not always easy to get a Discord setup.

Another way to spend cash to speed up getting gear abilities, I talked about this in the Gear Building thread... oh! Also in that thread, more transparency on how abilities work. Even ignoring the lack of hard numbers, something like Comeback isn't explained at all in-game. It would be nice to use the Test Facility for things like seeing effects of Ink Armor, Bomb Defense, or spawning or having a room with objects like Splash Wall and Baller to destroy. And perhaps marking gear pieces as favorites for easier sorting. Would also be nice for saving loadouts to not be an amiibo-locked QoL feature. And to redo the level unlocks for weapons to be more frontloaded, capping out at level 20 instead of 30. Man, that's a list of QoL features.

I want as many new hairstyles as possible!

Buffs and nerfs tend to happen more in other patches so I'll leave those out.
The news thing definitely isn’t the only QOL feature ppl want, the stuff u mentioned would be great

It’s just that the news-skipping is one of the most obvious things, being a common complaint since the first game, as well as one of the most realistic things they would add

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
A treat for the splatbrellas would be nice, they are hardly ever used and might need something to make people remember they exist.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
A treat for the splatbrellas would be nice, they are hardly ever used and might need something to make people remember they exist.
Do you mean Undercover and Tenta Brella?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I would really like this patch to focus more on fixing certain abilities like Haunt, Thermal Ink and Cold blooded because those abilities desperately need buffs because they are very weak abilities atm. I liked the buff that they gave to both Haunt and Drop roller with the former giving respawn punisher effects to enemies if they are splatted while the ability is active on them while the latter gives the user a 3 second increase in swim speed, run speed, and Ink res.

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
Drop Roller could be useful on most weapons with Inkjet, though that may fall off as team positioning and safejump communication gets better, and Thermal Ink for Hydra, Ballpoint, Bloblobber, Jet Squelcher.

Haunt really should just apply to teammates, in general... but the meta seems to still like respawn builds, imagine if a respawn build could mark targets, let alone add Respawn Punisher effects. It might just be a fundamentally busted ability.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Drop Roller could be useful on most weapons with Inkjet, though that may fall off as team positioning and safejump communication gets better, and Thermal Ink for Hydra, Ballpoint, Bloblobber, Jet Squelcher.

Haunt really should just apply to teammates, in general... but the meta seems to still like respawn builds, imagine if a respawn build could mark targets, let alone add Respawn Punisher effects. It might just be a fundamentally busted ability.
Drop roller provides you with 3 abilities after super jumping so I'd say that it might still have potential for Inkjet weapons as you mentioned without going out of favor. It might also be used for aggressively jumping into enemy territory for some cheesy kills but, in top tier play, most people can punish your roll or, if their a charger, kill you the second you land. (Also rolling rollers will always counter any type of super jump, except for splashdown ones :p).

Also on the topic of Haunt, I was watching a scrim between two teams and saw that one of the times was running a Machine with Haunt. The main idea was that the Machine would play slayer as any Machine was made for, and when they died they would communicate with their team the movement of the enemy player.

Padre

Pro Squid
I'm hoping just more basic content. And I am sure it will come, so easy for me I guess.
If more weapons and stages are coming, I hope that some of them would be new ones, and not just Splatoon 1 stuff.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
A list of buffs I'd like for certain weapons;

Mini Splatling: change weight class from medium weight to light weight
Squiffer: change from medium weight to light weight
Increase charging in the air by 12%
Goo-tuber: If you come out of ink with a partial charge, the charging will increase by 12%
E liter: allow charged shots above 70% to kill opponents OR Give. It. Back. It's. Old. Range
Glooga Dualies: Post roll state allows weapon to fire as fast as Splattershot Pro

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
A list of buffs I'd like for certain weapons;

Mini Splatling: change weight class from medium weight to light weight
Squiffer: change from medium weight to light weight
Increase charging in the air by 12%
Goo-tuber: If you come out of ink with a partial charge, the charging will increase by 12%
E liter: allow charged shots above 70% to kill opponents OR Give. It. Back. It's. Old. Range
Glooga Dualies: Post roll state allows weapon to fire as fast as Splattershot Pro
Undercover: Increase maximum damage from 40 -> 45. Increase shield damage form 15 -> 20. Remove all damage modifiers against shield.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
As I use the undercover brella I approve of the damage buff and removing the modifiers against it. I'd also like to see more Ninja clothes, even though I hate the ability and it annoys me like no other the annoyance is surpassed only by the fact they're either wearing the bowling shirt or the kung fu zip up.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It's just going to add a sign that says "Buy smash ultimate"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom