• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

4.0.0 Update Speculation Thread

Cephalobro

I don't think they would make a Salmonid subspecies go against the rest of its kind willingly, I know there's Octo Expansion, but Sanitized Octarians were brainwashed, so they attacked pretty much anyone who wasn't Sanitized. Given Salmon Run is very likely to stay as a mode, I doubt we are going to see a Salmonid version of the Inkling/Octoling. Not only that, but Salmonids are able to swim in water and not being able to swim in water is a major importance in gameplay.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Balance changes I would like:

Splat Dualies
Rolling is 3 frames slower
Normal and "turret mode" killtime is now the same at 18 frames (as of now turret mode kills in 15)

Blaster
Reduce blast by 8%
Add 4 frames of end lag after shooting

Rapid Blaster
At the very edge of the blast, the Rapid now does 32 damage

Dapple Dualies
Decrease painting by 5%

Dualie Squelchers
Decrease range by 6%

Tetra Dualies
Decrease rolling range by 1/4 line

Undercover Brella
Increase shield health by 25 points

Ballpoint Splatling
When shooting, you stay in close range mode for 7 frames more

Splattershot Pro
Increase painting by 20%

.96 Gal
Increase accuracy

Inkbrush
Increase hitbox to 180 degrees in front of the Inkling

Eliter 4K
Increase range to what it was in Splatoon 1

Bloblobber
Decrease range to around that of Jet/Heavy/Bamboo
The small bubbles now do 24 damage
Increase frames after sloshing by 2

Inkjet
Decrease speed while in the air by 30%
Special Power Up now only increases duration
Lower how high the Inkjet flies (I dunno by how much, but a decent amount)

Tentamissiles
If ink from missiles hits a target, that target has the Thermal Ink effect applied to them. Your teammates can also see targets.
Cold Blooded lessons the amount the Thermal effect applied to the targeted player.

Emperry Dualies 200-220 points
Tentatek Splattershot 210-220 points
Rapid Blaster Deco 190-210
Both Rapid Blaster Pros 180-200

Lots of small changes and a few bigger ones.

Now for some quality of life crap.
Skippable news
Twin Splatfest battles
Tournament mode
Music from S1
Something that allows you to set how much you want to see certain ink colors
Bring back Mahi Mahi and Bluefin
Either take Blackbelly out of rotation or change it so it isn't awful

That's my wall.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Balance changes I would like:

Splat Dualies
Rolling is 3 frames slower
Normal and "turret mode" killtime is now the same at 18 frames (as of now turret mode kills in 15)

Please no. Splat Dualies having an upped firing rate when rolled is kind of the saving grace of this weapon. Also for clarification, Splat Dualies have a kill time of 20 frames unrolled and 16 frames rolled.

Dualie Squelchers
Decrease range by 6%

Why? The weapon is in the same range tier as the Pro, that's kind of the point. It already has kind of meh accuracy outside roll. I mean, much rather nerf other aspects like strafing speed instead of nerfing the one defining trait of the weapon, being its range for a Dualie.

Undercover Brella
Increase shield health by 25 points

Feel this isn't really necessary given its current healing mechanic. It's a 1v1 machine after all. It's supposed to only last just long enough to be able to take out one person.

Eliter 4K
Increase range to what it was in Splatoon 1

I think it needs a range increase, but maybe not quite back to Splatoon 1 range, mainly due to overall range being nerfed in Splatoon 2 in general.

Inkjet
Decrease speed while in the air by 30%
Special Power Up now only increases duration
Lower how high the Inkjet flies (I dunno by how much, but a decent amount)

Not sure if the actual speed should be nerfed. But honestly, they should make Run Speed not affect it.
Bold stuff.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I'll add 2 more.

.96 Gal
run speed scales much better

All maps now have a ring icon around the rainmaker shield that shows where you will die for the shield breaking.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I want more Ink Colors! Like pastel and neon hues. As well as increased saturation for some of the other colors since they feel dull af. I would also like the eye color selection to be a color gradient OR have distinct categories for each colors (ex. Blue would show you up to 10-15 different shades of blue you can select etc.) My final wish in terms of color customisation would be a selected color palette for all the weapons in the game (ex. Jet squelcher could get a neon yellow skin like the one that appeared on the news screen in Splat 1 as well as a few others, Enperries could get the octoling dualies skin+a pearlescent skin reminiscent of the Pearl amiibo shoes etc.)

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Wishlist:

• More sound options:
- The ability to scale music, sound effects (bombs, weapon firing), and ambient sounds (stage specific, the gurgling sound that plays when people are hiding nearby).
- The ability to make playlists of songs, then assign them to game modes to allow for different SZ, RM, CB, TC, and TW song selection if desired. This also allows us to omit songs that we don’t like. I wish they’d include songs from S1, but if they did it’d likely be tied to whether or not it’s unlocked on the Squid Beats machine via amiibo. Maybe if you achieve a silver on that song you can use it in multiplayer, and if you get a gold you can add it to a playlist? Let’s give that mini game a reward system, maybe some cosmetics to go with it like a sick pair of glowing headphones (without cold blooded please...)

• More gear. It’s kind of a given some gear will be added, but I want to see more minimalist headgear. I want to start seeing some awesome punkish earrings and piercings, but given the general target audience, I feel like they’ll never consider this to avoid dealing with angry soccer moms. Even the amiibo earrings are clip ons, and the emperor headgear is just a metal ear cuff. Maybe some cosmetic slots like wrist/hands, neck, ankle, and ears? Some gear would have to blank out slots that are covered by the base gear, like ear slot on headphones.

• Call outs for the left and right d-pad inputs. I mean really. If you wanna go the extra mile how about making one mode specific and one just “Fall back!”?
TC: “Get on!”, SZ: “Take the zone!”, CB: “Pass to me!”, RM: “I’ll take it!”, TW: “Play Ranked!”.

• A use for excessive drink and food tickets. Like, let us trade them in for a flat reward rate such as a 1:1 ratio of drink tickets to the corresponding chunk, or maybe unify the system into Crusty Cash and let us just buy the tickets we want. I get that’d be too easy, so maybe we could implement the system and offer the option to convert existing tickets into currency.

Last edited:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
just give me all crunch and no fluff please.

some new bosses, map(s), and waves for salmon run. please and thanks.

Yusuke

Inkling
NNID
Yusuke
A use for excessive drink and food tickets. Like, let us trade them in for a flat reward rate such as a 1:1 ratio of drink tickets to the corresponding chunk, or maybe unify the system into Crusty Cash and let us just buy the tickets we want. I get that’d be too easy, so maybe we could implement the system and offer the option to convert existing tickets into currency.
Yeah! We all wanna get rid of the cold-blooded drink tickets!

Cephalobro

In regards to the weapon skins, I want them to be switchable, like the Splatoon 2 Hero Shot Replica can instead look like the Splatoon 1 Hero Shot Replica, with the Roller and Charger replicas following the trend. In addition, all of the Splatoon 2 Hero Weapons replicas could also have the red dots instead of blue, to mimic the weapons used by Octolings in Octo Canyon, while the Charger and Splatling would instead look like the ones used by the Octosniper and Octocommander, respectively.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I hear Quick Respawn is still a favored ability anyway, I certainly see a lot of strong players using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom