4 Hours Between Map Switching

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
This is a non-issue until you get the room that for whatever reason has the same damn map 15 times in a row.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Honestly, after playing it a lot, my issue isn't with the time it takes to switch, but rather in the number maps in each rotation. And yes, I know there will be eventually 3.

My main problem comes from the fact where it is more than possible to play the same map 3 times in a row. The 4 hour until switch is fine because I'm usually wasting time somewhere else, but the fact that it is very easy to play the same map over and over is more concerning.

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
to be honest when i heard four hours i immediately thought of the actual kids playing this game. nintendo sees itself as a family company and probably wants to keep younger players from marathoning sessions that're easy to get sucked into in online games.

you can tell because nintendo always has messages like this jn their games. (eg animal crossing villagers reminding you it's good to take breaks, saying HEY BUDDY u okay u've been playin for a while now etc)

personally? i don't really mind the 4 hours. i just wish callie and marie wouldn't yammer on so long about the new maps on the "breaking news."

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Only part I hate about this is...It's so easy to get one stage like 5 times in a row. I literally played that mall stage 5 times in a row. I would like to play that other stage too you know...

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
It's the reason I don't play this game that much anymore. Playing on the same two maps over and over again gets a bit stale...

Hopefully they reduce the time and add more maps at a time in each rotation soon.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
While the map rotation didn't bother me first, it's getting more and more annoying now. I think I didn't play a single match on Walleye Warehouse in a week and Skatepark (my worst stage) seems always to come into rotation when I want to play ranked :mad:
We have 7 stages now - why not make it like Mario Kart and let players choose from a random pool every round?

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
Has anyone got an answer off anyoe as to why we have to suffer 2 maps in the rotation which are randomly selected why not put them all in and the randomly select the one that will be used I dont see any benefit to the current you have 2 for a few hours suck it up

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm having a neutral effect, I'm still playing the game a whole bunch even with the 4 hours. In fact, I'm slightly appreciative due to the fact that I can still get a streak going even if I haven't been playing for a decent bit.

Still, it should be lowered. I'm hoping for 3 hours myself. Honestly, I can deal with it better when we get 3 maps per rotations.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
After launch, 4 hours between maps is.. just as frustrating as I thought it'd be. Probably not a popular opinion, though. :confused:

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I've grown fond of the map rotation idea, but I think the time in between needs to be toned down especially with more modes being added.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I've grown fond of the map rotation idea, but I think the time in between needs to be toned down especially with more modes being added.
I agree, being able to only play 2 maps per mode for every time I'm playing the game definitely does not keep my attention as long. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom