• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

A Wild Splatoon Update Appears! (Version 2.2.0)

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Nintendo just announced a new 2.2.0 update for Splatoon. They made some adjustments to the ranking system, as well as some light tweaks to game mechanics within ranked game modes. However, the big news with this update comes from Nintendo's weapon balancing.

Notably, Splash Walls, Krakens, and even Inkzookas were all nerfed. Not even the mighty Dynamo Roller was able to escape weapon balancing this time.

If you want all of the specifics, Nintendo has actually provided a comprehensive list of all of the changes it has made to various weapons in the 2.2.0 update. Take a look at all of the changes in the PDF linked below:

For more Splatoon updates, be sure to check back in at Squidboards!

Comments

THE RAPID BLASTER DECO BUFFS THOUGH.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

A bit bummed about the nerfs to my two actual mains though. Well, to be fair, I never did the tactics that Nintendo is removing here. I almost always full charge to kill on E-Liter 3K, and when it comes to Carbon Roller, I usually get punished if I try to splat from the side (looking at you Aerosprays. That inaccuracy sure has its advantages in rushdowns). So I'm okay with this update personally overall.

*those dynamo nerfs*

Good...

Personally I didn't expect these nerfs at all, but I think the game will be all the better for it. The same damage ratio on all sides of those dynamo rollers was pretty easy to abuse. With this patch, it will now be easier to punish without having to overbuff on swim speed ups. The other buffs and nerfs are intriguing as well (like the splat wall, but that never really bothered me.)

Guess I'll find out how these adjustments pan out when I play the game again post update.

THIS IS AMAZING!

My beloved Splash-o-matic gets stronger, and my arch nemeses dynamo rollers and blasters get nerferd? Dynamo rollers especially have been a thorn in my side for too long. Can't wait for the update.

EDIT: I did not see the part about the new ranked point system. It's definitely more fair. I especially like that there most likely will be less S+ players in S dominated lobbies.

welp, so much for my splatling. I loved the splash wall on that. with almost double the recovery time, ink recovery's gonna be mandatory. maybe it'll make the other loadout a little more viable when it releases. I'll just have to see if it handles any differently.

edit. just read the charge time's reduced for baby, and ink's reduced for daddy, so i might like the trade. it'll be a beast now.

Last edited:
welp, so much for my splatling. I loved the splash wall on that. with almost double the recovery time, ink recovery's gonna be mandatory. maybe it'll make the other loadout a little more viable when it releases. I'll just have to see if it handles any differently.

edit. just read the charge time's reduced for baby, and ink's reduced for daddy, so i might like the trade. it'll be a beast now.
Also, Splatlings devoured walls before. Now since walls have 40% lower resistance and the ink reduction, plus having a wall of its own, it could be a good counter for that.

Usually I laugh at the people who get hit by the nerf bat but WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY PRECIOUS CUSTOM RANGE BLASTER! never forget 10/20 </3
it's ok, the only change is that blasters don't need dmg up anymore since it'll be useless to them after the update. To me that's a buff because I always felt pressured to wear one with blasters.

Hmm, finally. Some patch notes! Now I can actually know what the heck is changing in the game.
((Reads patchnotes))
Hmm, wow, Splatoon sure did a very good job with the balancing now. Although, the rollers didn't really need that nerf (exception of those Damn Dynamos), and the Splash Wall nerf is REALLY going to suck (I main Heavy Splatling), but it's at the very least fair. Also, we finally have a chart to understand points won and lost in the S and S+ ranks.

Hmm, finally. Some patch notes! Now I can actually know what the heck is changing in the game.
((Reads patchnotes))
Hmm, wow, Splatoon sure did a very good job with the balancing now. Although, the rollers didn't really need that nerf (exception of those Damn Dynamos), and the Splash Wall nerf is REALLY going to suck (I main Heavy Splatling), but it's at the very least fair. Also, we finally have a chart to understand points won and lost in the S and S+ ranks.
In regards to your Heavy Splatling, I'm pretty sure what I said here will help ease your troubles.

it's ok, the only change is that blasters don't need dmg up anymore since it'll be useless to them after the update. To me that's a buff because I always felt pressured to wear one with blasters.
Doesn't seem that bad when you put it that way. It's just unexpected - I mean I know that blasters had like a 1 mile kill radius but we're basically defenseless within short range so this nerf feels unwarranted.

Does it mean damage up on blasters will be completely useless? Isn't it still possible to increase the max blast wave from 80 to 100?
I'm a little bit confused, i would love an explaination :)

Does it mean damage up on blasters will be completely useless? Isn't it still possible to increase the max blast wave from 80 to 100?
from the note: "Set the limit for maximum blast wave damage to 100.0 even with gear that
increases damage"

so, the ceiling is 100. no more damage ups will ever make a difference.

from what I've gathered from the above video/been told so far, the max damage the blast can do(not the ball, because that still 1hkos) is 99.9 damage. So before this update you'd add damage ups to make the blast be able/more likely to 1hko without being a direct shot, but now it caps at 99.9 and can't go above that with damage ups. Granted if you hit them with a 99.9 damage blast and they're in enemy ink or something, most likely it'll 1hko. but without the enemy taking any prior damage it won't. If this makes sense at all, I feel like I lose what I'm trying to explain by over explaining it.

EDIT: ok I'm stupid and can't read, the cap is 100, as @aqua46 states/the notes say. but you get my point, hopefully >3>

edit2: oh and if you cap it then it wil ofc still 1hko, but they dropped it down to 80 if I remember correctly as the base for the splash, so without any increases it won't 1hko. idk, I'm going to stop writing before I dig myself deeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom