• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Wild Splatoon Update Appears! (Version 2.2.0)

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Nintendo just announced a new 2.2.0 update for Splatoon. They made some adjustments to the ranking system, as well as some light tweaks to game mechanics within ranked game modes. However, the big news with this update comes from Nintendo's weapon balancing.

Notably, Splash Walls, Krakens, and even Inkzookas were all nerfed. Not even the mighty Dynamo Roller was able to escape weapon balancing this time.

If you want all of the specifics, Nintendo has actually provided a comprehensive list of all of the changes it has made to various weapons in the 2.2.0 update. Take a look at all of the changes in the PDF linked below:

For more Splatoon updates, be sure to check back in at Squidboards!

Comments

from what I've gathered from the above video/been told so far, the max damage the blast can do(not the ball, because that still 1hkos) is 99.9 damage. So before this update you'd add damage ups to make the blast be able/more likely to 1hko without being a direct shot, but now it caps at 99.9 and can't go above that with damage ups. Granted if you hit them with a 99.9 damage blast and they're in enemy ink or something, most likely it'll 1hko. but without the enemy taking any prior damage it won't. If this makes sense at all, I feel like I lose what I'm trying to explain by over explaining it.

EDIT: ok I'm stupid and can't read, the cap is 100 , as @aqua46 states/the notes say. but you get my point, hopefully >3>

edit2: oh and if you cap it then it wil ofc still 1hko, but they dropped it down to 80 if I remember correctly as the base for the splash, so without any increases it won't 1hko. idk, I'm going to stop writing before I dig myself deeper
Thank you both for helping me.
So since the cap is now at 100 (base is 80) , is it still wise to equip damage ups so there is still a slight chance that your blast radius can still 1HKO? I am confused because the demo video had 3 damage up mains and it still is capped at 99.9

from what I've gathered from the above video/been told so far, the max damage the blast can do(not the ball, because that still 1hkos) is 99.9 damage. So before this update you'd add damage ups to make the blast be able/more likely to 1hko without being a direct shot, but now it caps at 99.9 and can't go above that with damage ups. Granted if you hit them with a 99.9 damage blast and they're in enemy ink or something, most likely it'll 1hko. but without the enemy taking any prior damage it won't. If this makes sense at all, I feel like I lose what I'm trying to explain by over explaining it.

EDIT: ok I'm stupid and can't read, the cap is 100, as @aqua46 states/the notes say. but you get my point, hopefully >3>

edit2: oh and if you cap it then it wil ofc still 1hko, but they dropped it down to 80 if I remember correctly as the base for the splash, so without any increases it won't 1hko. idk, I'm going to stop writing before I dig myself deeper
oh thank Jeebus, I thought my blaster sucked 5ever, this is fine then. I never ran damage ups anyways.
i just noticed bomb rush pause time is decreased. have mercy on splat zones.
For all of them? Even seeker rush? ;-;

Thank you both for helping me.
So since the cap is now at 100 , is it still wise to equip damage ups so there is still a slight chance that your blast radius can still 1HKO? I am confused because the demo video had 3 damage up mains and it still is capped at 99.9
the video was making an example that even with maxed out damage ups, blasters will never 1KO with the blast itself anymore. Thank god. The ball however, remains the same :)

Sloshers kick butt in Rainmaker mode, update fixes this by having them kick more butt. Splatlings both big and small become more deadly. Rollers and E-Liters get deserved nerfs. Zappers become more zippy, but not as much as Squelchers.

Sounds pretty nice all around, but I'll see for certain tomorrow.

Yessss! No more being terrorized by stray (Luna) blasts! Well, less so.

Unfortunate for the Elitres, thank you for all the beautiful double splats you've given me up to now, you beautiful things you.

And that Kraken nerf, wow. 0.75 seconds of complete vulnerability. You're as good as splatted if you don't turn back in time.

All in all I like the adjustments, ranked should be less frustrating.

Oh nice Update!
Splash‐o‐matic got buffed and the Rollers nerf sounds interesting.

I recently started playing with the Custom Splat Jr. but didn't know this was actually a thing D: 'Fixed the issue in which the Point Sensors and Disruptors do not function when there is significant lag in the connectivity'.

That's a SERIOUS nerf to Splash Walls. Definitely not the clear superior choice now, I actually have to wonder if they might have given it a little too much of a nerf. 'Gal weapons with the wall now HAVE to run Ink Recovery Up on at least two pieces, and there's a few more weapons that are going to get completely ink starved. Maybe they should slightly tweak the ink cost for the wall, not by much but enough to make wall not completely cripple the weapon set?

Does anybody know how the blaster splash damage scales post-nerf? For example, the max damage is now 100, but is the min damage also nerfed below what it was (51.2 I believe)? Assuming a 2 shot with splash damage is still a thing, then blasters are fine and people are overreacting. However if it's now a 3 shot at the edge of the radius this is a huge and unnecessary slap in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom