• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Wild Splatoon Update Appears! (Version 2.2.0)

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Nintendo just announced a new 2.2.0 update for Splatoon. They made some adjustments to the ranking system, as well as some light tweaks to game mechanics within ranked game modes. However, the big news with this update comes from Nintendo's weapon balancing.

Notably, Splash Walls, Krakens, and even Inkzookas were all nerfed. Not even the mighty Dynamo Roller was able to escape weapon balancing this time.

If you want all of the specifics, Nintendo has actually provided a comprehensive list of all of the changes it has made to various weapons in the 2.2.0 update. Take a look at all of the changes in the PDF linked below:

For more Splatoon updates, be sure to check back in at Squidboards!

Comments

Actually, ALL chargers should still be pushing it's essential to their gameplay (even the E-Liter). Chargers can help soften up the opposing team's defense from afar. However, their best use is to pressure the enemy team while your team is advancing. This helps ensure that turf gained while pushing isn't recovered easily. Even with a charger, you should still be near the action but at a safe distance. There's no point in camping in a sniper nest when there are no enemies around.

Pushing on Morray Towers is difficult for chargers because there are very few safe spots on the enemy side. The enemy can jump down from the scaffolds whenever they please (and it's very likely you won't know when), so it's easy to get nice and cozy next to an approaching charger.
Okay, I was a bit harsh when I said it was useless to push with. However, it is the hardest to push quickly with. Its range does help push via the threat of killing, but you do need to rely on your team for core offensive power.

Huh. A bit sad that my carbon roller has been nerfed. :/ Now it's a tad unusable.

Oh well, time to go back to my .50 gal and Splash-o-matic. At least they haven't been nerfed...completely...

(happy tho that the blasters are being nerfed. OHKOs are the bane of my existence)

Huh. A bit sad that my carbon roller has been nerfed. :/ Now it's a tad unusable.

Oh well, time to go back to my .50 gal and Splash-o-matic. At least they haven't been nerfed...completely...

(happy tho that the blasters are being nerfed. OHKOs are the bane of my existence)
For the record, all blasters except the rapid blaster/pro will still one-hit KO if hit directly with the bullet. The tweak makes it so you can't throw in enough Damage Up perks to one-hit KO with the AoE or "blast" damage, as it's now capped at 99.9.

If you missed it, there's a very concise video on the first page (albeit in Japanese) that explains the change quite well.

So many happy and sad people...Ill be coming back to my Dual Squelcher and my Splash o matic! And I'll still use the Dynamo and Carbon roller and I swear some Japenese person is gonna make them op again :P

You just gave me the custom range blaster, a weapon I've fallen in love with, and then you take away it's ability to 1hko naturally.

Sigh, time to find something else I love.
this was the exact reason I loved the cr blaster too, what it lacked in its slow fire rate it made up for in its insane strength:( that's essentially the weakness of blasters imo

this was the exact reason I loved the cr blaster too, what it lacked in its slow fire rate it made up for in its insane strength:( that's essentially the weakness of blasters imo
It still OHKOs and it still reliably kills in two hits. The only significant nerf it really got was Kraken-related

yea what @Phlox said. the notes weren't clear, but all the nerf to blaster damage did was make the explosion cap at 99.9.

Thank heavens for the splash wall nerf those were very annoying especially when people found out you could hide in them.
I main the E-liter normal and the half charge was a must i was killing way too many people with half charges.

In practice, rollers only have the fling spamming removed. You can still plow away and even the carbon's quick fling kills are no different.

Basically, they only got rid of the dynamo's trashy quirks, time to git gud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom