• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Wild Splatoon Update Appears! (Version 2.2.0)

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Nintendo just announced a new 2.2.0 update for Splatoon. They made some adjustments to the ranking system, as well as some light tweaks to game mechanics within ranked game modes. However, the big news with this update comes from Nintendo's weapon balancing.

Notably, Splash Walls, Krakens, and even Inkzookas were all nerfed. Not even the mighty Dynamo Roller was able to escape weapon balancing this time.

If you want all of the specifics, Nintendo has actually provided a comprehensive list of all of the changes it has made to various weapons in the 2.2.0 update. Take a look at all of the changes in the PDF linked below:

For more Splatoon updates, be sure to check back in at Squidboards!

Comments

The inkzooka is also a very easy weapon to dodge. I'm scared that it may become a very lame weapon, I'd hate to see that. It's one of my favorites.
I'm not hating on the Inkzooka and I know it's easy to dodge. It's also good to catch people off guard with. I cannot count the number of times I've been sneak struck by a Inkzooka. That's where I get frustrated when I get hit when I least expect it and it would be a instant kill pretty much. Seeing it nerfed makes me happy for all the pain it's caused me, but it's not bad to use though. I don't think Nintendo will under power it too much but it sure as hell will not be as powerful at it initially was.

I'm not hating on the Inkzooka and I know it's easy to dodge. It's also good to catch people off guard with. I cannot count the number of times I've been sneak struck by a Inkzooka. That's where I get frustrated when I get hit when I least expect it and it would be a instant kill pretty much. Seeing it nerfed makes me happy for all the pain it's caused me, but it's not bad to use though. I don't think Nintendo will under power it too much but it sure as hell will not be as powerful at it initially was.
Yeah, considering it'll take a bit less than a whole second to fire another shot, which in a lightning quick game like splatoon, it may as well be 10 seconds of being completely open to attack.

Especially Dynamo roller players...you won't believe how salty I get when I see one of these guys splat me when I'm positioned 3 miles away and 90 degrees from the front of their swing!
It's even more hilarious when you're behind or to the side of the wall and suddenly SPLAT to respawn point because they flick ink towards it instead of you. I guess the ink was wall-piercing as well.

Yeah, considering it'll take a bit less than a whole second to fire another shot, which in a lightning quick game like splatoon, it may as well be 10 seconds of being completely open to attack.
The Inkzooka got a pretty brutal cooldown time for the update patch. A 0.92 cooldown time as opposed to it's original cooldown time of 0.55 seconds. So sadly you are much more open to attack than before when using the Inkzooka. It's much more close to a full second than before and that will make you a sitting duck for sure. I think I'll stick to my Inkstrikes, thank you~ lol

The Inkzooka got a pretty brutal cooldown time for the update patch. A 0.92 cooldown time as opposed to it's original cooldown time of 0.55 seconds. So sadly you are much more open to attack than before when using the Inkzooka. It's much more close to a full second than before and that will make you a sitting duck for sure. I think I'll stick to my Inkstrikes, thank you~ lol
bah, inkzooka was really becoming one of my favorite specials too. Inkstrikes also leave you open, but it's easy to find cover.

As a Luna Blaster Main, I think the blast wave nerf is a really good thing. I believe I never 1KO'd people around corners, but I can see how this is unfair.
You can still 2-shot them, so I don't mind.

Omg please nerf the tentatek more omg
why nerf the tentatek more?
I hate this weapon nerf it =/= this weapon is genuinely unfair and ruins playing experience, it must be fixed

What about the tentatek splattershot do you hate? It's special weapon is getting nerfed hard and it's sub takes a whole second to explode. Other than that, it's a very average weapon.

why nerf the tentatek more?
I hate this weapon nerf it =/= this weapon is genuinely unfair and ruins playing experience, it must be fixed

What about the tentatek splattershot do you hate? It's special weapon is getting nerfed hard and it's sub takes a whole second to explode. Other than that, it's a very average weapon.
I personally think it's too over powered... I will shoot someone with the weapon like for 2 seconds (I have 3 attack power ups) and then they shoot me for like a split second and BOOM I'M DEAD AND THEY'RE NOT?? wtf I'm fine with my weapon I know it sucks at killing but jesus... I get killed by tentateks a LOT!

I personally think it's too over powered... I will shoot someone with the weapon like for 2 seconds (I have 3 attack power ups) !
There's your issue. Attack Power ups never decrease the amount of shots it takes to kill an enemy. An aerospray will always require 5 shots to kill no matter how many attack ups you have.
Watch this video to get an understanding on it
Anyways, I think the problem is that you need to utilize your sub and special weapons more and use appropriate weapons for different maps and modes. Just because you're killed by a weapon a lot doesn't mean it must be nerfed. Also you're probably getting out ranged, the tentatek has pretty decent range and will out range, say, the aerospray you were talking about. It's not over powered, it's just good and versatile.
tl;dr GIT GUD

There's your issue. Attack Power ups never decrease the amount of shots it takes to kill an enemy. An aerospray will always require 5 shots to kill no matter how many attack ups you have.
Watch this video to get an understanding on it
Anyways, I think the problem is that you need to utilize your sub and special weapons more and use appropriate weapons for different maps and modes. Just because you're killed by a weapon a lot doesn't mean it must be nerfed. Also you're probably getting out ranged, the tentatek has pretty decent range and will out range, say, the aerospray you were talking about. It's not over powered, it's just good and versatile.
tl;dr GIT GUD
What about defense I just rerolled and it seems defense does nothing

What about defense I just rerolled and it seems defense does nothing
Defense Up will reduce the number of hits to kill with some weapons. I believe one main Defense Up will reduce the .52 Gal from 2 hits to 3 hits, and now with the nerf one main Defense Up will reduce the Splattershot and all variants from 3 hits to 4 hits. There are other weapons that are reduced, but I cannot remember exactly what they are. These however are the most important ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom