• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

After the 2.7.0 update what trends have you started to notice?

TheChillyGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ToadAli
[One thing I can say, is that the Splattershot Pro buff pretty much killed the Dual Squelcher (and maybe even the Jet to a certain extent). Now that they have the same range, you can't approach a Pro user directly. I found myself being dominated for a while after the patch came out because they were everywhere, and my poor Dual Squelcher just couldn't compete. I switched over to the Pro, and I can definitely see why. Now, they only thing the DS has over it is *slightly* better ink coverage, while the Pro has faster TTK, less shots to splat, either the same or better velocity, and i'm sot sure about movement speed. I think they should buff the DS and Jet either in velocity, or maybe fire rate.QUOTE]

The fire rate seems good enough for the squelchers, but it definitely needs more velocity. I feel like the jet squelcher with splash wall may become an option against the pro ( except the berry ) as the berry can either throw a bomb at the wall or over it. The dual seems like it will have a harder time with the pro than the jet will. However, with the pro vs dual, pro wins in everything, but turf coverage.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Something bad I've noticed is that the new algorithm for keeping weapon balance between Ranked teams is a bit...off. Several times I've been on a team with no chargers against a team with an E-Liter and Squiffer/Bamboozler. Dynamos + Carbos and Hydras + Minis are also pairs of weapons it doesn't seem to care about separating. The rollers make a bit of sense because they play very differently, and the Bamboozler is just weird, but it's still annoying when it happens.
bamboozler/squiffer and splatterscope/e-litre might be chargers but they are in no the same. The bamboo and squiffer should be considered the same as long ranged shooters. An E-litre and bamboo combo is the same as an e-litre + .96 gal or e-litre + jet squelcher. The way i think it works is that it pairs teams up based on range and with e-litres and splatterscopes being seperated no matter what. In my experience, whenever i'm using the jet and there's only one splat charger/e-litre in the lobby, i will almost always be put on the team opposite of the sniper because of my range. Same goes for the splatlings as well. The mini is mid ranged, and hydra is long range, so they can be on the same team if the other team has an equal balance of range. Yes the algorithm isn't perfect, but in my experience it's absolutely better than 4 e-litres/splatterscopes vs a bunch of short ranged weapons, since this hasn't been the case for me in non of my ranked matches since the update that introduced weapon matchmaking. Now if only this was also present in turf wars. I might just start noting this down just to analyze it further and make a seperate thread for it.

One thing I can say, is that the Splattershot Pro buff pretty much killed the Dual Squelcher (and maybe even the Jet to a certain extent). Now that they have the same range, you can't approach a Pro user directly. I found myself being dominated for a while after the patch came out because they were everywhere, and my poor Dual Squelcher just couldn't compete. I switched over to the Pro, and I can definitely see why. Now, they only thing the DS has over it is *slightly* better ink coverage, while the Pro has faster TTK, less shots to splat, either the same or better velocity, and i'm sot sure about movement speed. I think they should buff the DS and Jet either in velocity, or maybe fire rate.
You forgot to mention the dual also has much better mobility than the pro. For the dual i completely agree, the jet, not so much. The jet still massively outranges the pro, even with the extra 5%, though increased shot velocity would always be appreciated. The dual however needs a buff asap (and the sloshing machine and H-3 too while they're at it). Making it kill faster is about the best buff they could give it. Four shots to kill is super unforgiving, especially when you consider how fast every other weapon in the game kills. And extra range is also necesarry to compete with the .96 and pro.

Last edited:

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
You forgot to mention the dual also has much better mobility than the pro. For the dual i completely agree, the jet, not so much. The jet still massively outranges the pro, even with the extra 5%, though increased shot velocity would always be appreciated. The dual however needs a buff asap (and the sloshing machine and H-3 too while they're at it). Making it kill faster is about the best buff they could give it. Four shots to kill is super unforgiving, especially when you consider how fast every other weapon in the game kills. And extra range is also necesarry to compete with the .96 and pro.
I did say I wasn't sure about movement speed, but yeah. I mentioned the Jet because, while it doesn't have as much range, it would still fare pretty well in a 1v1 with the superior TTK, and since Jet Squelcher shots are some of the easier ones to dodge.

I would love an H-3 buff, and the Sloshing Machine imo is pretty useless when compared to the normal Slosher, so a buff would be welcome.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I did say I wasn't sure about movement speed, but yeah. I mentioned the Jet because, while it doesn't have as much range, it would still fare pretty well in a 1v1 with the superior TTK, and since Jet Squelcher shots are some of the easier ones to dodge.

I would love an H-3 buff, and the Sloshing Machine imo is pretty useless when compared to the normal Slosher, so a buff would be welcome.
I have to disagree on your jet analysis. With the run strafe speed of Jet, its harder to dodge bullets and new burst bombs suit it well. As a CJS main, my honest opinion on the jet pre-patch would have been lukewarm. After the patch, the jet keeps surprising me, theres actually quite a bit of ability flexibility than it had previously. Ive given the pro a decent run and in general in maps where I can't abuse super range and I care about ttk, I use .96 and/or Pro. But outside of that I prefer Jet. Atm, I don't see the Jet outclasses by anything. Dual, is harder to argue, so i wont >_>

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
bamboozler/squiffer and splatterscope/e-litre might be chargers but they are in no the same. The bamboo and squiffer should be considered the same as long ranged shooters. An E-litre and bamboo combo is the same as an e-litre + .96 gal or e-litre + jet squelcher. The way i think it works is that it pairs teams up based on range and with e-litres and splatterscopes being seperated no matter what. In my experience, whenever i'm using the jet and there's only one splat charger/e-litre in the lobby, i will almost always be put on the team opposite of the sniper because of my range. Same goes for the splatlings as well. The mini is mid ranged, and hydra is long range, so they can be on the same team if the other team has an equal balance of range. Yes the algorithm isn't perfect, but in my experience it's absolutely better than 4 e-litres/splatterscopes vs a bunch of short ranged weapons, since this hasn't been the case for me in non of my ranked matches since the update that introduced weapon matchmaking. Now if only this was also present in turf wars. I might just start noting this down just to analyze it further and make a seperate thread for it.
That's kind of a tough call. I can buy it more for bamboozler due to the 2hko (and is it even a hit scan weapon?) but squiffer is really too close. Even bamboozler... The eliter, especially post nerf seems to spend more of it's time up close working 2-shots like bamboozler instead of long range. But honestly what makes them the same is their inability to be truly mobile while attacking and their need to zone out the range. Recently I've found in my alt in the A's that the mix of bad teammates and decent opponents has yielded loss after loss and it's fairly frustrating. Using bamboozlers, eliters I can be the best k/d on the team most rounds, and be the one most focused on the objective. But ultimately I'm more likely to lose than when using one of the overused midrange shooter even if I play awesome with the charger - and even if I play AWFUL with the midrange shooter.

With chargers I was going 9/4, 13/6 10/8 most rounds. My teams were going 0/5, 1/3, 9/6 etc. Meanwhile when I switched to an overused shooter (splattershot FTW the 500G gun is best! :P ) I was posting 1/3 (I was that guy....yay me!) and WINNING. Why? I think it has to do with the ability to shoot while moving quickly. It keeps enemies more off balance and on the run where as against chargers they just jank left and keep doing what they were doing. And if you zoom past them you can spin around and kill them, while with a charger that's not really viable. Doesn't matter if it's a squiffer or bambi or eliter, their evasion can remain fairly unobtrusive where against shooters they have to flee and/or change their focus. It's unfortunate, really, that sucking with an overused weapon yields more wins than dominating with an underused weapon but it appears to be true, at least below S. In squads with all S/S+ I do find the better performance with the less common weapons pays off. But in solo....the chargers should not be grouped together. The rollers should not be grouped together. And technically balance leans toward the overused shooters being the most viable weapons.

needs a buff asap (and the sloshing machine and H-3 too while they're at it).
NGYES! Do it, Nintendo, DO IT NOW! :D

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dunno if it's been noted yet, but I've noticed a lot more N-ZAP 89 players since the patch dropped. I've had matches where there will be two to a team, alongside an Aerospray RG or Wasabishot. :inkstrike:s everywhere, although they're thankfully not too much trouble to deal with (most of the time).

sammich

Inkling Cadet
seen a LOT of squiffers -- most of them not that great, but it's still good to not be alone (and also nice to know that there are charger beams out there that won't outrange me).

a lot more splatterpros and jet squelchers and fewer gals and tentateks (though still plenty of gals and tentateks).
finally seeing some brushes in S rank. er, they were there before, but now they are a pain (so hard to squiff them).
still not seeing many sloshers in ranked, though there are a ton more in TW. same with bamboozlers (more in TW but seeing about the same amount in ranked).

for subs/specials, i'm seeing more inkstrikes and more seekers. SO many more seekers. they are a pain, but it's nice that they're actually a pain now and not just "uh.... ok."

as far as trends within the matches themselves, i noticed i don't have as much problem approaching e-liters. they're still a threat, but there's hardly any more burst bomb dancing when i get in close and i can actually take them out often. and my kill cams are filled with jet squelchers and splattershot pros now, who i'm pretty sure are aware of their advantage over squiffers and specifically target me.

Award

Bombs. Bombs everywhere. Bombs rolling on the floor, bombs blocking the door, bombs bursting in air....bombs everywhere, even in my tentacle hair! I would not could not should not see so many bombs, I think somebody needs to hack this ROM!

I was playing SZ yesterday.....I was so sick of the endless non-stop bomb rushes, followed by stray bombs, followed by more bomb rushes. One match in Saltspray Zones the ENTIRE match consisted of chained enemy suction bomb rushes all over the zone. Non-stop, one after another, we could do nothing, we couldn't even approach the zone. All we could do was sit back for the minute or so and watch the clock count down to ko. Way too many bomb rushes now.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Bombs. Bombs everywhere. Bombs rolling on the floor, bombs blocking the door, bombs bursting in air....bombs everywhere, even in my tentacle hair! I would not could not should not see so many bombs, I think somebody needs to hack this ROM!

I was playing SZ yesterday.....I was so sick of the endless non-stop bomb rushes, followed by stray bombs, followed by more bomb rushes. One match in Saltspray Zones the ENTIRE match consisted of chained enemy suction bomb rushes all over the zone. Non-stop, one after another, we could do nothing, we couldn't even approach the zone. All we could do was sit back for the minute or so and watch the clock count down to ko. Way too many bomb rushes now.
I'd include Inkstrike, Seekers and Seeker Rush amid the "Michael Bay's Splatoon" matches.

And it often creates, for me, horrid lag or stuttering frame rate or freezing. And sometimes a disconnect. Maybe too many particles on screen to process at once?

Last edited:

Award

I'd include Inkstrike, Seekers and Seeker Rush amid the "Michael Bay's Splatoon" matches.

And it often creates, for me, horrid lag or stuttering frame rate or freezing. And sometimes a disconnect. Maybe too many particles on screen to process at once?
Lagrushes as I like to call them, do create both issues. Net lag from all the movement objects and ink map updates being added, AND massive framerate drops from all the extra models and particle effects. It's honestly disastrously broken - I called that as soon as I saw the 2.7 notes... "they're seriously adding MORE of those broken rushes?!" The bombrush is the one thing that makes me want to join the EA/Sony chorus: "WiiU is underpowered LOL"

TheChillyGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ToadAli
Dunno if it's been noted yet, but I've noticed a lot more N-ZAP 89 players since the patch dropped. I've had matches where there will be two to a team, alongside an Aerospray RG or Wasabishot. :inkstrike:s everywhere,although they're thankfully not too much trouble to deal with (most of the time)./QUOTE]

Funny, story actually, just yesterday I ended up in a turf war lobby with 6 N Zap 85's. Also, off topic, but how do I make it so my whole message doesn't get put in a quote?

Award

How do I reply to a quote
When you hit reply to a post or reply to a portion of a post, in the edit box it places their quoted text inside bracketed "QUOTE" tags. Place your response on the paragraph BELOW the end quote tag :)

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I think I can nicely summarize my experiences with Sheldon's Picks now:

The extremely popular weapons: Fresh Squiffer, Permanent Inkbrush, Tempered Dynamo Roller (I see each of them in 70% - 80% of all matches)
The very popular weapons: Wasabi Splattershot, Berry Splattershot Pro (50% - 60%)
The sort of popular weapons: Refurbished Mini Splatling (10% -15%)
The unpopular weapons: Soda Slosher (about 8% at best)
Meg Griffin: Bamboozler 14 Mk III (about 3% at best)

Award

The extremely popular weapons: Fresh Squiffer, Permanent Inkbrush, Tempered Dynamo Roller (I see each of them in 70% - 80% of all matches)
The very popular weapons: Wasabi Splattershot, Berry Splattershot Pro (50% - 60%)
Interesting, my list is pretty different. Wasabis I see probably 80% of matches, sometimes 2-3 in one match, Berry probably 70%.
Tempered dynamo probably also 70% (but 98% if zones is on)
Fresh Squiffer and Permanent inkbrush I was seeing them fairly regularly last week. I think I saw maybe one Pinkbrush and maybe 4 Fsquiffers in the past 5 days.
I don't think I've seen ONE refurb in the past 5 days. I did see one zink - and that was wielded by a squidboards member I stumbled into :)
Sodas probably 8% on the mark...but I've seen some.
Bamboozler Mkiii - I see that one in probably 50% of matches.....because I'm the one using it :P But I don't think I've run into another in a while. I've found a Mkii, but not a mki or mkiii - of which I use both regularly. Mkiii replaced mkii for me. But I'm glad it didn't catch on. I like using the odd weapon :)

Reactions: Ulk

Cyan

Inkling Commander

I wonder why the Squiffer and Inkbrush are so popular, it couldn't be because of the Kraken now could it? :p

All joking aside, I barely see any Sheldon's Picks weapons now, but the Refurbished is definitely the least used weapon, which is hardly surprising due to the Zimi. The Wasabi and Berry are the popular weapons I encounter, with the Permanent and Tempered coming in 2nd. I still see Bamboozlers fairly often, but the Mk III isn't that popular. I feel the Soda Slosher is the unsung hero of this pack, and is shunted aside because it's a Slosher. It's a good thing, as people like myself can use it and surprise people with our strats, as they struggle to deal with the weapon (the amount of obvious splats I can get is ridiculous). Yesterday I encountered SND|Boxer and he was using the Fresh Squiffer in a squad, and his teammate was using the Berry, whilst I had the Soda Slosher. It kind of proves people prefer the power weapons rather than those that have power but are overlooked because they handle radically differently from anything else in the game.

Here's my top inked weapons as of the last time I played (last night):
Screenshot_2016-05-03-12-26-43_kindlephoto-42234985.jpg

As of last night, I've finally hit 100'000+ turf with the Soda, and is now my 8th most used weapon. I'm aiming to make it the first weapon I max out on turf (999'999), as it has become my favourite weapon as soon as it came out. The Neo Splash has taken 2nd place in my weapon preference, as 2.7.0 has done wonderful things for this underrated weapon. I'm interested in Volume 2 of the weapons, hopefully they include a new Splash in there with a nice set. Maybe there'll be another 2 or 3 weapons worth picking up then.

Award

I wonder why the Squiffer and Inkbrush are so popular, it couldn't be because of the Kraken now could it? :p

All joking aside, I barely see any Sheldon's Picks weapons now, but the Refurbished is definitely the least used weapon, which is hardly surprising due to the Zimi. The Wasabi and Berry are the popular weapons I encounter, with the Permanent and Tempered coming in 2nd. I still see Bamboozlers fairly often, but the Mk III isn't that popular. I feel the Soda Slosher is the unsung hero of this pack, and is shunted aside because it's a Slosher. It's a good thing, as people like myself can use it and surprise people with our strats, as they struggle to deal with the weapon (the amount of obvious splats I can get is ridiculous). Yesterday I encountered SND|Boxer and he was using the Fresh Squiffer in a squad, and his teammate was using the Berry, whilst I had the Soda Slosher. It kind of proves people prefer the power weapons rather than those that have power but are overlooked because they handle radically differently from anything else in the game.

Here's my top inked weapons as of the last time I played (last night):

As of last night, I've finally hit 100'000+ turf with the Soda, and is now my 8th most used weapon. I'm aiming to make it the first weapon I max out on turf (999'999), as it has become my favourite weapon as soon as it came out. The Neo Splash has taken 2nd place in my weapon preference, as 2.7.0 has done wonderful things for this underrated weapon. I'm interested in Volume 2 of the weapons, hopefully they include a new Splash in there with a nice set. Maybe there'll be another 2 or 3 weapons worth picking up then.

I'll be honest, I don't like playing sloshers in general, but I've played soda a number of times just because it's so darn fun looking :D

I have a general conundrum in play - I prefer chargers, brushes, and rollers, but lately feel compelled to play only weapons I don't enjoy that much like splattershot, splash, nzap in ranked simply to keep up with the need to carry and cover. If it weren't for that I'd be playing bambis and chargers, pinkbrush, and even the refurb non-stop :P I still like refurb more than zink (though I like zink.) The burst bomb rush is great. And it looks soo fresh.

I still can't wrap my brain around squiffers. I thought the fsquiffer would fix that for me. When it works, it's fun. But even with the improved kit the squiffer just seems stunted. The splat charger is only marginally slower to charge and has tremendously more range, and the bambi is tremendously faster to charge....and also has a lot more range.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'll be honest, I don't like playing sloshers in general, but I've played soda a number of times just because it's so darn fun looking :D

I have a general conundrum in play - I prefer chargers, brushes, and rollers, but lately feel compelled to play only weapons I don't enjoy that much like splattershot, splash, nzap in ranked simply to keep up with the need to carry and cover. If it weren't for that I'd be playing bambis and chargers, pinkbrush, and even the refurb non-stop :p I still like refurb more than zink (though I like zink.) The burst bomb rush is great. And it looks soo fresh.

I still can't wrap my brain around squiffers. I thought the fsquiffer would fix that for me. When it works, it's fun. But even with the improved kit the squiffer just seems stunted. The splat charger is only marginally slower to charge and has tremendously more range, and the bambi is tremendously faster to charge....and also has a lot more range.
The Squiffer honestly doesn't have a place in the game, and that's mainly down to the other chargers, damage stacking and other weapons. Every other charger can grab Damage Up and play more aggressively, even with the nerfs to the scopes, Damage Up allows for aggressive play on the chargers (except the E-Litre, which was hit hard) but the Squiffer is the only one to not get affected by damage, which harms it so much. The Squiffer was meant to be a mobile charger but the charge times are too long so when you miss the shot, you often get splatted trying to get the next shot ready. The Bamboozler has more mobility and with the damage stacking (about 2 mains worth suffices), it can do a full charge and an uncharged shot to get the splat, especially since it maintains its range regardless of charge time. In fact, it often gets a 1 hit splat due to damage stacking since it gets pushed to a 90+ point damage so standing in enemy ink for a short amount of time helps that, as well as enemies already weak from your team attacks. Between the Bamboozler and the Splat Charger/Splatterscope, there's no place for the Squiffer, as both cover the range that the Squiffer reaches, but do it so much better. The Splat Charger has great range and charge times, and the Bamboozler has instant charge times, so they effectively knock out the Squiffer and its viability.

I like the Sloshers, but the Tri-Slosher gets knocked out by the Zimi, the Tri Nouveau is flat out useless. The Vanilla Slosher can Burst-Cancel, but has Inkstrike and the Deco struggles with the Splash/Kraken set due to poor ink efficiency and a heavy ink intensive sub. The Sloshing Machines are horrible, I really wanted to pick up one of these weapons and learn it for its fun name and style, what other game uses a Washing Machine as a lethal killer? But their start up lag, awkward hitbox for the vortex and questionable kits really killed it for me. Then along came the Soda Slosher, and I finally found a Slosher I bonded with and loved, it gives me a set to play the weapon in a way that was previously never possible, and is so much fun and has the viability. I've said it before, but when I spotted it on the Sheldon's Picks box in the Direct and the official pictures, I was hoping it would get a fantastic set, just because it had such a great colour scheme (also got coupled with a great name :P). I do want to get back into using the Tri, as it's also rather fun, and unlike the Zimi, I feel this weapon isn't a cheapskate Disrubbler weapon, so I will use it (I refuse the Zimi, as I feel that it's too cheap to use). So right now we only have 3 viable Sloshers: the Tri-Slosher (Disubbler), Vanilla Slosher (Burststrikes) and the Soda Slosher (Splatzooka). The rest either have poor sets (Tri Nouveau) or have a set that is done better elsewhere (Splash/Kraken) or just flat out suck as weapons (Sloshing Machines, which got worse with the Soda's launch).

I'm more of a gun user, and generally the midrange ones at that. I mained the Tentatek for the longest time (hence why it's my most used weapon), before swapping to the .96 Deco, then swapped back to the Tentatek after a while (before any of the major nerfs came in for the Deco), then eventually swapped round weapons because I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I've messed around the Splattershot Pros, the Dual Squelchers and even the Custom Jet (only because Splash Walls/Inkstrike is a horrible combo). At the moment, my weapons of focus are the Soda Slosher, Neo Splash, Custom Jet, Wasabi, Custom Dual, Refurbished Mini (due to the difficulty, and because it's less used), Bamboozler Mk III (May throw the Mk II in as well), Custom Blaster (will switch between this and the vanilla), Rapid Blaster, Tri-Slosher and the N-ZAP 85. That's a great variety of weapons, ranges, subs, specials and playstyles, which should hopefully help me improve as a player. Of course, the vast majority of these weapons are underused and off the radar, but that just makes the game better and more fun, as I need to work harder to succeed with these weapons. Admittedly the Neo Splash and N-ZAP are making their way into Ranked, due to the range, firerate and accuracy buffs to the Splash, and the N-ZAP seems to be coming in where other weapons are being dropped due to various nerfs. I never thought I'd see the day where E-Litres and other chargers would stop stacking damage, but due to 2.7.0 it has happened, with most only using 1-2 mains worth, rather than having 3 mains and 3-9 subs of it. They're also a lot less common, making ranked more fun due to not getting sniped every few seconds in almost every single lobby.

Award

The Squiffer honestly doesn't have a place in the game, and that's mainly down to the other chargers, damage stacking and other weapons. Every other charger can grab Damage Up and play more aggressively, even with the nerfs to the scopes, Damage Up allows for aggressive play on the chargers (except the E-Litre, which was hit hard) but the Squiffer is the only one to not get affected by damage, which harms it so much. The Squiffer was meant to be a mobile charger but the charge times are too long so when you miss the shot, you often get splatted trying to get the next shot ready. The Bamboozler has more mobility and with the damage stacking (about 2 mains worth suffices), it can do a full charge and an uncharged shot to get the splat, especially since it maintains its range regardless of charge time. In fact, it often gets a 1 hit splat due to damage stacking since it gets pushed to a 90+ point damage so standing in enemy ink for a short amount of time helps that, as well as enemies already weak from your team attacks. Between the Bamboozler and the Splat Charger/Splatterscope, there's no place for the Squiffer, as both cover the range that the Squiffer reaches, but do it so much better. The Splat Charger has great range and charge times, and the Bamboozler has instant charge times, so they effectively knock out the Squiffer and its viability.

I like the Sloshers, but the Tri-Slosher gets knocked out by the Zimi, the Tri Nouveau is flat out useless. The Vanilla Slosher can Burst-Cancel, but has Inkstrike and the Deco struggles with the Splash/Kraken set due to poor ink efficiency and a heavy ink intensive sub. The Sloshing Machines are horrible, I really wanted to pick up one of these weapons and learn it for its fun name and style, what other game uses a Washing Machine as a lethal killer? But their start up lag, awkward hitbox for the vortex and questionable kits really killed it for me. Then along came the Soda Slosher, and I finally found a Slosher I bonded with and loved, it gives me a set to play the weapon in a way that was previously never possible, and is so much fun and has the viability. I've said it before, but when I spotted it on the Sheldon's Picks box in the Direct and the official pictures, I was hoping it would get a fantastic set, just because it had such a great colour scheme (also got coupled with a great name :p). I do want to get back into using the Tri, as it's also rather fun, and unlike the Zimi, I feel this weapon isn't a cheapskate Disrubbler weapon, so I will use it (I refuse the Zimi, as I feel that it's too cheap to use). So right now we only have 3 viable Sloshers: the Tri-Slosher (Disubbler), Vanilla Slosher (Burststrikes) and the Soda Slosher (Splatzooka). The rest either have poor sets (Tri Nouveau) or have a set that is done better elsewhere (Splash/Kraken) or just flat out suck as weapons (Sloshing Machines, which got worse with the Soda's launch).

I'm more of a gun user, and generally the midrange ones at that. I mained the Tentatek for the longest time (hence why it's my most used weapon), before swapping to the .96 Deco, then swapped back to the Tentatek after a while (before any of the major nerfs came in for the Deco), then eventually swapped round weapons because I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I've messed around the Splattershot Pros, the Dual Squelchers and even the Custom Jet (only because Splash Walls/Inkstrike is a horrible combo). At the moment, my weapons of focus are the Soda Slosher, Neo Splash, Custom Jet, Wasabi, Custom Dual, Refurbished Mini (due to the difficulty, and because it's less used), Bamboozler Mk III (May throw the Mk II in as well), Custom Blaster (will switch between this and the vanilla), Rapid Blaster, Tri-Slosher and the N-ZAP 85. That's a great variety of weapons, ranges, subs, specials and playstyles, which should hopefully help me improve as a player. Of course, the vast majority of these weapons are underused and off the radar, but that just makes the game better and more fun, as I need to work harder to succeed with these weapons. Admittedly the Neo Splash and N-ZAP are making their way into Ranked, due to the range, firerate and accuracy buffs to the Splash, and the N-ZAP seems to be coming in where other weapons are being dropped due to various nerfs. I never thought I'd see the day where E-Litres and other chargers would stop stacking damage, but due to 2.7.0 it has happened, with most only using 1-2 mains worth, rather than having 3 mains and 3-9 subs of it. They're also a lot less common, making ranked more fun due to not getting sniped every few seconds in almost every single lobby.
Yeah, it really felt that way. Honestly I'm starting to really wonder about eliters viability versus splatterscope overall after that nerf. It still has the range, but since splatterscope got the range buff, there's still so little difference between what the two can do and splatterscope is far more mobile and gets twice as many shots in half the time. I didn't want to believe it, I love my eliter, and I even learned to love burst bombs, but that bit of extra range aside it's starting to feel like splatterscope is simply a better charger now. It's more versitile in more roles and short of a bit of range does everything the eliter does and does it faster. In some ways "charger" now means splatterscope/charger and bambi to me.

AFAIK you don't need dmg up for the 1 charged, one uncharged shot on bambi, that's how it works out of the box. The dmg up is just for getting the ohko on partially damaged enemies. I generally don't bother with dmg up on it. If I can land one shot I can land two. Or I use mk3 and burst cancel.

Soda Slosher, yeah I played about 50% of my A rank alt on Team Patrick with Soda Slosher....it was tons of fun :) I'm not confident enough in my sloshing for ranked, but it was really a blast for the splatfest. I'll probably use it for a good while next splatfest as well :)

I happen to love the refurb mini, and all 3 bamboozlers (the mk1 is actually my favorite, the wall with a charger instead of a cheap gal is so fun, and opponents tend to expect you can't aim with it ;P , but the 3 has displaced the 2 as my alternate :) ) I've been using neo splash, original splattershot, and nzap a lot just to fill the role of midrange shooter where I know I'll need to carry hard (A...grr.) Otherwise I prefer all the oddball weapons....I wouldn't touch midrange shooters short of sploosh (wait I said midrange) if it weren't for the need to carry :(

Personally I hate the stacking OF ANY skill. All run speed splooshes, all swim speed rollers, all dmg chargers....I do wish they'd have penalized the stackers in one of these patches. But at least enemy chargers aren't dmg stacked! Oddly since the patch I'm starting to dmg stack the splatterscope MORE - but don't stack eliter at all.
But for me stacking was always "3 mains" - I've never had more than 3 mains of anything ever :) Heck I mostly play the 2nd alt these days to get it to S, and most of my gear is 1-2 slot, so 3 mains is ALL I can have total :P

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
the Deco struggles with the Splash/Kraken set due to poor ink efficiency and a heavy ink intensive sub.
Yet you like the Soda and it's more costly splat bombs. :L

I have to disagree with the notion that if two weapons have the same kit only one of them is worth using. As long as the main weapons have differing strengths and weaknesses which they very much do in the case of Tri vs. Zimi and SloshDeco vs. 96Deco, then, well, they're two different weapons, not one weapon just being a worse version of the other! It's how I love the Slosher Deco while not particularly caring for the 96. Gal Deco despite them having the same exact kits. Different stats, different weapon types, different strokes for different folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom