After the 2.7.0 update what trends have you started to notice?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm surprised people are seeing more Bamboozlers. I saw them on the first two days of the release of Sheldon's pick, and no trace of them ever since. You would think you would at least see them in Squads where the S ranked players can't lose points anyway, but I didn't even see anyone using them there.
It all boils down to when you play, I see quite a few Bamboozlers myself, among a whole variety of different weapons. There may be a few hours where most of those who play just stick to their original mains, but I've never played all rotations, and I usually just play 18:30-22:00 BST (GMT when daylight savings isn't a thing).

Reactions: Ulk

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
This just in: Most Bamboozler users still can't use the Bamboozler properly.

Frequently on teams with Bamboozlers who get 2/7, 3/9, 1/6, and I even witnessed an appalling 0/8 KD last night. GET A CLUE AND PICK SOMETHING ELSE

I'm fine I'm totally fine
I suck at using a charger, okay? XD someone teach me how to hit a moving target please(I do get decent points and occasional burst snipes tho)

I've seen more Berries, although I only played for a day with the update.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
It all boils down to when you play, I see quite a few Bamboozlers myself, among a whole variety of different weapons. There may be a few hours where most of those who play just stick to their original mains, but I've never played all rotations, and I usually just play 18:30-22:00 BST (GMT when daylight savings isn't a thing).
We're not that far apart actually. My location uses CET. That's just an hour apart from BST. I also mostly play at the same hours you do. Can't believe I'm still not seeing any Bamboozlers. But to be fair, I play Squad several times more often than regular ranked mode, so it may just be that.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Anyone notice the tempered dynamo users' seekers dont leave ink trails? Or at least i havnt seen it.

General trends from my end of the a thru b plus ranked world

More:
Bamboozlers
Soda sloshers
Splatter shot pros
Kelp chargers

Less
Carbon rollers
Dynamo rollers as a whole
Aerosprays of all kinds
E liters

I was seeing the h3 this past week which was a first

Cyan

Inkling Commander
We're not that far apart actually. My location uses CET. That's just an hour apart from BST. I also mostly play at the same hours you do. Can't believe I'm still not seeing any Bamboozlers. But to be fair, I play Squad several times more often than regular ranked mode, so it may just be that.
Funny you mention that, I was just in a squad match, and the other team had 2 Bamboozlers on it, I think it was the Mk I and Mk II though. That's interesting though, I was in a Twin and I have been seeing a fair few Bamboozlers, not enough to be noticable, but there are definitely more than there used to be though.

Reactions: Ulk

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Funny you mention that, I was just in a squad match, and the other team had 2 Bamboozlers on it, I think it was the Mk I and Mk II though. That's interesting though, I was in a Twin and I have been seeing a fair few Bamboozlers, not enough to be noticable, but there are definitely more than there used to be though.
lol. So it's literally just me who hasn't even seen a single one lately. I swear to god, I'm going Squadding just for this in an hour and I better get to see at least one Bamboozler user.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Anyone notice the tempered dynamo users' seekers dont leave ink trails? Or at least i havnt seen it.
No, they definitely leave a trail. You can even try it for yourself in the testing zone. Are you just seeing seekers in the heat of battle? Their trails tend to get covered up by enemy ink.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
No, they definitely leave a trail. You can even try it for yourself in the testing zone. Are you just seeing seekers in the heat of battle? Their trails tend to get covered up by enemy ink.
This was at camp triggerfish. He was on my team. He sends out a seeker for our rush to the rainmaker. Seeker goes like normal but doesnt leave ink. Hits a wall and splats ink but no trail. It wasnt just weird graphics as i couldnt swim and follow the seeker either. Ive seen it in other spots too. Itll splat an opponent but leave no trail. Maybe my update is incomplete?

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
This was at camp triggerfish. He was on my team. He sends out a seeker for our rush to the rainmaker. Seeker goes like normal but doesnt leave ink. Hits a wall and splats ink but no trail. It wasnt just weird graphics as i couldnt swim and follow the seeker either. Ive seen it in other spots too. Itll splat an opponent but leave no trail. Maybe my update is incomplete?
It's probably lag. It's normal for ink to not load if there's a fair amount of lag.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
In general, more weapon diversity. Which is good. I see more people using the Splash o matics since it got the buff, which is nice since I always loved them. Less 96 gals than usual, given the nerf. Less Tentateks, but they may be due to people trying out the Wasabi, like I've been doing myself since I love the Tentatek/Octoshot myself. I've spent more time in Regular matches, but Ranked seemed more diverse too.

I haven't seen less E liters, but they definitely are not putting in the work they used to. Seeing more splat chargers, and squiffers since they are more viable choices now. That's probably been the biggest change I've seen, as the match dynamic feels much different, especially on maps where E liters were so threatening. For example, due to the E liter nerf, and the redesign, Moray Towers is actually fun in turf now. ;)

I loved the last few updates with all the new balances and the like. I feel most of the changes were for the better, so it's mostly been positive trends for me.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
S+ was exceptionally diverse today. before the update it was pretty much just
:wst_shot_first00::wst_shot_normal01::wst_shot_gravity00::wst_shot_heavy01::wst_charge_longscp00::wst_charge_longscp01::wst_charge_normalscp00::wst_charge_normalscp01::wst_roller_heavy00::wst_roller_heavy01::wst_roller_compact00::wst_roller_normal01::wst_shot_expshort00:(neo only) :wst_shot_explong01: :wst_shot_expmiddle00:(custom only) and very rarely do you get an out of the norm weapon.
But today i saw a few splash-o-matics, heavy splatlings and even a sloshing machine. there were still the usual bunch, but not as rampant as before the patch. I'm just curious whether or not this trend will continue, or if people will go back to using the usual strong weapons i mentioned above. another thing i noticed is that the chargers didn't really have anymore than 3 mains of damage up. One of them even had special duration up oddly enough, a custom E-Litre if i recall correctly. Either way i'm glad this is the case. hoping to see this kind of diversity in tournaments as well.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
The trends I've seen are mostly far, far more bombs and bomb rushes on the battlefield which is actually extremely annoying. I've seen more losing streaks and horrible matches at least in the A's on my alt. It was bad before but it's becoming almost unplayable now. Win one lose 6 win one, lose 6 mostly due to horrible teams, followed by mistakes made due to being too aggressive after spending so much time trying to compensate for the prior horrible teams. Finally I've seen a rise of ohko splattershots for some reason. Pretty much EVERY splattershot is now an ohko weapon and I don't know why. I assume it's bomb induced lag. Many times they, and blasters aren't even looking in my direction and I get splatted by them. Walked up behind a range blaster yesterday and I explode....he didn't even look at me, he was shooting the opposite direction. All the extra bombs are almost certainly making the lag problems worse. It's hard to defend, especially with close weapons, when EVERY player may or may not be shooting at you and you will never know it. I blame the bombs!

Also a LOT of splash-o-matics in ranked now.

This just in: Most Bamboozler users still can't use the Bamboozler properly.

Frequently on teams with Bamboozlers who get 2/7, 3/9, 1/6, and I even witnessed an appalling 0/8 KD last night. GET A CLUE AND PICK SOMETHING ELSE

I'm fine I'm totally fine
LOL, as someone that's started with bamboozlers as mains recently, I can say that the big thing is variable performance. Some matches I might be that 2/7 or 3/9 and others I might be the 12/8. I took my alt from C-0 to B+ using almost exclusively bamboozlers and acing the field. But the horrible horrible matches I've been getting lately it hasn't gone as well. It's frustrating when you can't tell if you're sucking with the weapon or the match just sucked :) I think I'm sucking at the weapon then revert to prior successful weapons and still keep losing indicating that the weapon was not the issue :) That's always been a frustrating factor in splatoon.

Is it weird that I seem more consistent with H3? :P

But sometimes bambi is amazing....

There's been a rise in Squiffers in both Turf War and Ranked. I've noticed that people are beginning to use the Squiffer quite a lot more often. It's usually the Fresh Squiffer or the Bubble one (can't remember if that's New or Classic). The Permanent Inkbrush has been on the rise but from my experience, it's just people playing around in squads. Most Inkbrushes I see during squads get very low K/D rates and are usually the least helpful people. :p I hardly ever see them in solo Ranked. They're definitely more of a squad thing for S/S+ ranks at least.

The Custom E-Liter has been on a sharp rise too. I've had way more Custom E-Liters on my team than regular E-Liters these days. :)
P Inkbrush is even more confounding than bambi. I made it (before the currennt disastrous losing streak) from A-30 to A72 using P inkbrush. Once I started using that, in the middle of a losing streak, I started DOMINATING. 16/9 one round. Winning every round. Then the next day I tried in in a squad game and went 3/16. Some matches 0/5! It's very hit or miss sometimes. But I guess the high risk reward weapons are like that: If you have a really good opponent on the other team who happens to be running a direct counter weapon to yours - carbon rollers for instance, you're going to be in trouble if they target you or camp near the zone in zones....you HAVE to go past them to contribute. And they'll get you every time.

Precisely... I just expect S Rank team mates to BE S Rank team mates. I don't know a single player of any game that only mains one thing exclusively, and it'd be awfully boring if they did. But all games, Splatoon included, have ways of practicing that don't carry heavy consequences when points are involved, especially for other people. There's simply no excuse.
That's the thing though, Splatoon stupidly doesn't. Yeah you can create an alt, but you shouldn't have to create an alt. Technically (and I say this as someone with two alts) you shouldn't even be ALLOWED to create alts. That's half of what's broken in ranked - S+ skilll people dominating B's and A's. TW isn't adequate weapon practice though I use it as best as I can - I spent 2 months learning eliter in TW before even going into ranked with one. But only ranked tests ranked. And even if you ace your way through the B's with a weapon, it changes so much when you take it to A's & S's. that the only way to really practice and learn how to play a weapon against high rank people is to play them against high rank people....and possible suck rank points from your team.

Not all of us have bubbler's, birdie.... :P

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
L-3s are even rarer than Sloshers now, but I don't have a problem with that, only makes me feel moar special! ^_^
Can relate. Theres been pretty much no one using jet squelchers after the even after if it got buffed a lot. Like you said, makes us more special. ;)

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
It's funny. Before the update I was working on maining bamboozler, and the Mk.III is fabulous with burst bombs, but the changes to eliter actually make it to where I've fallen in love with the custom eliter 3k scope. Before my campy eliter style wasn't the optimal way to play, but now it is and its so much fun! Recon+Beakons are my favorite gear/sub combo ever. The change to its charge speed, -6% I believe with 2.7? I feel really made the difference. Couldn't get the hang of its charge rate until after this patch. >w<

Seeing a ton of berrypros, and then a good mix of every other weapon. Chargers I don't see as often now, well I'll rephrase. I see more squiffers and bamboozlers than the other chargers so far

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
More tempered dynamos, more sploosh neos, less splatterscopes, less mini splatlings, less splash walls, more krakens, probably less e-litres, mpre hydra splatlings, less heavy splatlings, more berry splattershots, more inkbrushes.

Award

It's funny. Before the update I was working on maining bamboozler, and the Mk.III is fabulous with burst bombs, but the changes to eliter actually make it to where I've fallen in love with the custom eliter 3k scope. Before my campy eliter style wasn't the optimal way to play, but now it is and its so much fun! Recon+Beakons are my favorite gear/sub combo ever. The change to its charge speed, -6% I believe with 2.7? I feel really made the difference. Couldn't get the hang of its charge rate until after this patch. >w<

Seeing a ton of berrypros, and then a good mix of every other weapon. Chargers I don't see as often now, well I'll rephrase. I see more squiffers and bamboozlers than the other chargers so far
I'm surprised you've been seeing a lot of bamboozlers. I was adding them to my mains before the patch as well, and continuing to us it, and I still haven't seen many others. Squiffers are everywhere now (which surprises me they're kind of dangerous to use), but bamboozlers still seem kind of scarce.

Also funny that the patch made you fall in love with custom eliter - it made me fall out of love with it :P I reverted to vanilla. Burst bombs work properly now and allow aggressive play (which lets face it, its essential in solo - being a perch sniper is doom.) Funny how everyone flip flopped on eltiers. I was one of those weird custom users pre-patch. Now it feels wrong to me. Everyone else switched to custom post-patch, and I switched to vanilla :confused:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I'm surprised you've been seeing a lot of bamboozlers. I was adding them to my mains before the patch as well, and continuing to us it, and I still haven't seen many others. Squiffers are everywhere now (which surprises me they're kind of dangerous to use), but bamboozlers still seem kind of scarce.

Also funny that the patch made you fall in love with custom eliter - it made me fall out of love with it :p I reverted to vanilla. Burst bombs work properly now and allow aggressive play (which lets face it, its essential in solo - being a perch sniper is doom.) Funny how everyone flip flopped on eltiers. I was one of those weird custom users pre-patch. Now it feels wrong to me. Everyone else switched to custom post-patch, and I switched to vanilla :confused:
Now that I think about it I probably won't be seeing too many bamboozlers that often. The other day almost every other match one of the teams had one, must've been Cap'n Cuddlefish appreciation day >.<

"It's ok girl, he doesn't mean it" he says patting his perch.

With good teammates being a perch sniper has worked well for me so far. Beakons in hard to reach places help me get back to my perches, and recon let's me see if it's safe to do so or not. Not doubting how useful burst bombs are/still are now though. I feel they were buffed more than nerfed, especially on the mk.III and custom jet squelcher. Just that I always use them to ink my feet to help my escape/mobility and don't have a good track record of killing enemies who are right up in my face. And I'm talking back when we could toss a bunch Dx Ofc it's a matter of practice but I Like kraken more for when they get in close. I think my love for the weapon also stems from trying out/discovering my love for recon+beakons too. And if I chase someone off my perch with kraken but can't get them I can jump back to my perch or spawn and then to perch thanks to beakons. The only other weapon I've contemplated doing the beakon+recon strategy with is the custom dual squelcher, but I can see all the berrypros now, laughing in my face as they squit all over me >x>

Award

With good teammates being a perch sniper has worked well
With good teammates

good teammates

upload_2016-4-22_13-23-19.jpeg

Seriously though, yeah, what you say about beacons and sniping with a real team, eliter is just fine - though often even with good teammates one has to be the one to push the tower, not just perch snipe - and that can be hard to do even pre-patch with custom - but I did it anyway, even without a kraken. But post patch....I miss my beacons....but without good teammates (really, in solow...) I have to be the one carrying....and you just can't carry as a perch sniper (not that you can carry some of these people with a tentatek, but that's another tale of woe :p)

But yeah, I do miss the beacons and my ability to jump back to perch. The range nerf for uncharged shots really put a damper on how I liked to use the beacons though. I can't jump back and pick off my chasing foes. I need to jump back and charge up....and get splatted as I do. I miss that play style :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom