• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Amiibo Announcement! Callie, Marie and Original recolours

Today Nintendo announced a new wave of Splatoon Amiibos hitting stores in North America on July 8th. Alongside brand new Callie and Marie Amiibos, we'll also be getting recolours of the original three Splatoon Amiibos.

The Squid Sisters will be available in a bundle for $24.99 USD

The original Splatoon Amiibos unlocked special challenges for the single player missions, and the recolours will function the very same. The Squid Sisters Amiibo however will instead allow you to listen to various Squid Sisters songs, including a couple from the Choukaigi concert in Japan! Alongside those songs, you'll also be able to change Inkopolis Plaza to it's night time appearance featured during Splatfests, and unlock new dance animations for the Squid Sisters from their live concert performance.

The original three Splatoon Amiibo in fresh new colours!

The Male and Female Inkling recolours will be available individually just as before for $12.99 USD, and you'll need to purchase the bundle package for $34.99 in order to get the Squid Amiibo like their original release.

Check out the official trailer for the new Amiibos from Nintendo below

Will you be picking up the Squid Sisters? How about the recoloured originals? Let us know in the comments and on Twitter @Squidboards!

Warchamp7

Comments

I wonder why they don't start selling the squid amiibo separately. I really don't want to buy the 3 pack considering I don't have the money....
I know! I can't find the three pack anywhere so I had to buy the boy and girl Inkling separately. I want the gear from the Squid though. ;_;

I think they´re really unnecessary because they have no weapons or somethink like that, which makes the first three amiibos really unique. This is in my opinion the main reason, why wouldn´t buy the amiibos, but I can understand when some people do that.

Finally, those rumors I kept reading about Callie and Marie amiibos are true. They look adorable, and I want them now.

I also want those recolors, but I read somewhere they might be limited edition? I seriously hope not. ;;

I am definitely getting Callie and Marie. I kinda do want the recolored ones too, but do they come out with new content ? i honestly hope they do, that would be amazing and ill definitely get them

Finally, those rumors I kept reading about Callie and Marie amiibos are true. They look adorable, and I want them now.

I also want those recolors, but I read somewhere they might be limited edition? I seriously hope not. ;;
Yea i also read they are limited edition. to be safe imma preorder them

Ohmygosh nighttime plaza will look so fresh. What would be really cool if those Squid Sister songs could be played in nighttime versions of ranked mode, since the daytime appearance and music has gotten somewhat drab over time.

Definitely getting squid girl amiibos but do the recolours give extra gear? Because then I would be down to grab those too

I'm gonna buy them all, probably 2 of each even the recolors, 1 to open and 1 not to open.

Nintendo is going to make my wallet cry.

"Tasty Textures."

"Delicious Details."

"Savory Sparkles."

Let's face it, there's gonna be that one perverted guy that buys these just to rub them on himself.

Last edited:
no new gear not wasting my time , i think it's crazy to release new amiibo without some gear to go with them !!!
must be a girl thing ...
sucks we only got mini games from boy and girl amiibo . i buy amiibo for the extra gear and weapons .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom