• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Social Thread

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Double post because I could use some coal this winter for alternative heating sources.

If anyone wants to visit, since it's finally snowing and that awful brown grass is covered up, and my town is as presentable as it's going to get, considering these filthy beats keep plopping their houses down on top of my carefully laid out roads...

5F00-0026-11D3

If you don't feel like visiting, I have some sploon shirts, the qr codes for which can be found here.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Haven't thoroughly tired myself, but I thought the update kept new residents from building on top of paths?

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Maybe if you have a ground pattern laid down? IDK....maybe I should try that :'D

oh wait, apparently it is true. Now if only I had the patience to cover my entire town in path patterns =p

Last edited:

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Just in case nobody here has tried Villager with the amiibo update yet, I figured I'd post screencaps. Wisp's reaction amuses me no end. Note you do not get any coupons for this one, I guess because Wisp himself has to show up in person.
Villager 01.PNG Villager 02.PNG Villager 03.PNG

Ansible

Community Ambassador
*comes back to thread and doesn't find dead flowers, weeds everywhere, and skittering roaches due to clean town policy enacted :p*

I believe it was originally intended to occur wa~ay~ back in April, but I guess six months late is better than never.

So until I'm hit with the inevitable letdown around lunchtime tomorrow—I shall commence with my happy dance!!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I am just waiting for the inevitable switch IP to come out, and then I will bury myself in the ground before a flower transpires over my head. This game I spent too much hours on, and it isn't enough sometimes. Just I dread going back to my file since I have SO many things to move, and push around, ugh.

I heard about this mobile direct, wondering what it is going to be exactly. (Although I am not too much of a big fan over mobile phone games sadly, so my interest is halfway lost in this one.)

I assume it is going to be like AC: Happy Home Designer, which wouldn't be bad to try to be honest. Decorating is one of my favorite things to do, and I tend to go out of my way in order to please myself with it.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yeah, I haven't been back to my town in months though I've sunk about 320 hours into New Leaf.

Not really all that interested in a non-console mobile version myself, but maybe it'll be the lead up and gateway towards a full Switch version that'll be announced in the next year to year and a half. Maybe?

And from what info and rumors I've been seeking out, it probably won't be akin to a Happy Home Designer as supposedly the testing and feedback from that type of gameplay wasn't too positive. But I list that as rumor until I can find a source.

We'll find out soon enough!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Yeah, I haven't been back to my town in months though I've sunk about 320 hours into New Leaf.

Not really all that interested in a non-console mobile version myself, but maybe it'll be the lead up and gateway towards a full Switch version that'll be announced in the next year to year and a half. Maybe?

And from what info and rumors I've been seeking out, it probably won't be akin to a Happy Home Designer as supposedly the testing and feedback from that type of gameplay wasn't too positive. But I list that as rumor until I can find a source.

We'll find out soon enough!
If it is a build up to the switch IP, then that would be amazing. Because it can work like the Splatoon 2 app where some furniture could be only ordered from this phone, the works. But I am thinking too big for what it MIGHT be, ugh, but Nintendo is unpredictable, and has proven to be. My most salt part is that it being useless like the party game that they made, I really hope it isn't within that route.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Well, I'M hyped now!
RELEASE DATE WHEN PLS

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Sometime in "Late November 2017"

Packed in quite a bit for less than 15 minutes:

Thankfully it's not an utter dumpster fire, though I still have some misgivings here and there. Yet I'm actually gonna give it a try for some weeks. Maybe longer if it turns out I like it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Crafting and a cash shop that speeds up progression... Dealbreakers. It does look pretty fleshed out though.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Yeah, I was actually surprised how nice it looked. That name though...................... That's another story.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Sometime in "Late November 2017"

Packed in quite a bit for less than 15 minutes:

Thankfully it's not an utter dumpster fire, though I still have some misgivings here and there. Yet I'm actually gonna give it a try for some weeks. Maybe longer if it turns out I like it.
Holy cow, I actually predicted it might do with the camping feature. (SEE TOLD YOU NINTENDO PULLS THESE THINGS.) So not a bad app, not bad at all. Might consider it something to kill time with, obviously.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I like crafting but not a fan of crafting mechanics. Many of them I've played or looked into reduce themselves to fetch quest busy work to collect a quantity of items that are grouped together to merge into a progress item. I hunger for something a bit more than that.

And I'm not the least bit surprised by the cash shop, they have been saying it would be free-to-play after all. It's to be expected! And there always will be those willing to spend money (some more than necessary) even with generous built in alternatives to askew it.

But I'm at least hoping there won't be that progression crossroad where you have to decide between feckless grinding and biting that microtransaction bullet.

Now to combat my own jadedness, here's a demo video from GameXplain. Apparently an early version of the game temporarily leaked onto the Australian mobile store:

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
I'm really trying not to invest myself into any mobile gaming. I'm not attached to my phone like most people. I just want AC for the Switch and I'll be just fine.

Raxel920

Full Squid
Hmm, I was thinking about creating a new town, but I’m sure Odyessy is gonna keep me occupied for about forever.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Screenshot_20171121-175506.jpg
In case anyone else snagged it this morning, since they released the app a day early. Servers promptly rolled over and died, but they're more or less fine now.
>Nintendo
>Servers

>LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom