• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Animal Crossing Social Thread

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
There's also one for Callie and an octopus named Inkwell that you can get things like the spawnpoint and tower control tower from.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Importance reminder! Omce you invite someone into your town you can no longer buy their special items.

So Inkwell...
A Splatoon superfan, Inkwell's decided to leave his past behind and create a new identity as a squid. It'd be going better if his eight legs weren't so obvious.
A cephalopoid of (fandom) mystery... hmmmm *lifts magnifying glass*

xJãÿιεαƒx

Inkling
Importance reminder! Omce you invite someone into your town you can no longer buy their special items.

So Inkwell...

Ahaha, I figured that out a bit too late after I already invited Inkwell to live in my town, oh well!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I will confess, I'm tempted to buy a new copy of Animal Crossing and check this out. It'd have to be a new copy because I really don't want to touch the town I spent 450 hours on. Hmmm.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I will confess, I'm tempted to buy a new copy of Animal Crossing and check this out. It'd have to be a new copy because I really don't want to touch the town I spent 450 hours on. Hmmm.
You could just start a new file on the same copy, create a new resident in your old town who will then leave to become the mayor of a new town, or better yet, just sell your old town to the tanuki mafia Tom Nook. Either way, any items you want to carry over you'll have to temporarily hand over to a buddy for safe keeping.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You could just start a new file on the same copy, create a new resident in your old town who will then leave to become the mayor of a new town, or better yet, just sell your old town to the tanuki mafia Tom Nook. Either way, any items you want to carry over you'll have to temporarily hand over to a buddy for safe keeping.
I kind of spent hours upon hours covering every last square inch of the town with flowers, and I don't really want to risk disturbing that perfection :P Besides, with the wonders of friends and internet I can easily transfer whatever I like.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!

So Inkwell...

Fortunately if you have more than one cartridge you can still get the items for the most part. Also, if you have 10 villagers and one happens to be one you don't like, you can kick them out and move in the new person. It's so great.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I'm happy to invite people who don't have amiibos to my city so they can also enjoy those items.
I'm doing that on brazilian Animal Crossing Community, so that my collection can make more people happy :)

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
HNI_0029.JPG

Roomie, I love you like cornflakes, but...
HNI_0030.JPG

FAIRBUSH IS TEAM MARIE TURF. GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT.

HNI_0031.JPG

...or yanno, I could put on my Marie suit and we'll just chill with Harv :D

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
You're not Digby.JPG

heeeey....you're not Digby...
You're not Isabell either.JPG

You're not Isabell either! What's going on here?!

If you scan in the amiibo of one of the town NPCs, Wisp takes their place wherever they're supposed to be. He's cute and polite, but he can't do whatever the NPC is supposed to be able to do. TBH I can't wait to kidnap Cyrus and see if Reese is at all confused by his blobby, adorable, and ultimately useless replacement :'D

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Think I might just pick up the Squid Sister amiibos when the price drops rather low. The Animal Crossing ones... I'll likely borrow if I ever meet other players in person.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
We just have the official AC ones because the roomie went on a spree when she got AmiiboFest. I have the full sploon set myself and I think the only other one I actually want ...is Villager. Just because XD

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I also kind of want the Sanrio characters. Their outfits and items are cute.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Man this update is great. Now I can sit around my house playing vidya games while sitting around my house playing vidya games!
HNI_0067.JPG

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Nintendo, I want a full on droste effect! The gameception must go deeper.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
While we're at it, can we get this to somehow include SEA BASS AND HORSE MACKEREL? I have a literal plague of garbage fish upon my shores!
HNI_0011.JPG

Also Inkwell is criminally adorable and he is never allowed to move away ever. I hereby declare him the Fairbush National Treasure.
HNI_0063.JPG
HNI_0064.JPG

HNI_0065.JPG
HNI_0080.JPG

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Beefcake? Beefcaaaake!! Are you also playing as Beefcake in Pokémon Sun/Moon? I just traded with a Beefcake a few days ago.

Wonder if there'll be an Inkwell easter egg in the next Splatoon

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I don't have the new Pokemon, but my roommate's got Moon and is having a blast with it. Inkwell just decided he needed to call me Beefcake as a nickname one day and I didn't tell him no. He's so hard to say no to :'D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom