Another 3rd Kits Thread

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I have no idea what could work best with S-Blast. Do you have anything in mind @youre_a_squib_now?
I'm actually in the middle of making a tier list for every sub and special, but the top is a lot easier than the middle and bottom, so I've already figured that part out.

The best subs that it could get are torpedo and fizzy bomb. Fizzy would have insane combos with the long range mode, which would help the weak long range aoe. However, it would be hard to use at short range. Torpedo is the opposite, it would combo extremely well at short range but would be harder to use at long range. I think short range is where s-blast struggles the most. At long range, you're fine as long as you hit your directs, but at short range you either have to be in very specific positions or be moving around a piece of cover or just hope your opponent misses for a second and a half straight. A rolled torpedo could help a lot with this. S-blast also struggles at painting its feet (something torp does better than fizzy) so I think torp is the better option here. I could definitely see an argument for fizzy though, either one would be really good.

For the special, it would want something that gives it more aggressive options, especially if it's also a good continuation tool. Booyah does both of these amazingly, but after that there are a lot of options that could potentially work. Inkjet and crab are obvious candidates, but I could also see zooka, kraken, or even chumps working. I'm leaning towards crab but I can't decide so here are my thoughts on all of them.

Inkjet: s-blast already loves being under ledges, so this would work very well with that, but I'm afraid it might be a little redundant? Like, s-blast is really good under ledges, to the point that the extra power from the inkjet might not even be worth it occasionally because you have to make yourself exposed. It also really struggles with stuff longer range than it and inkjet won't help with that.
Crab: crab is a great continuation tool. If you've just gotten a splat but you took some damage and are low on ink because maybe you used a torpedo to get that splat, you can pop crab which gives you armor, and the firepower and range to threaten the opponents that might have tried to trade you back (or ones it wouldn't be safe for you to chase) and it gives you an ink refill once it's over. s-blast likes all of that. Plus it can use the crab to move longer ranged opponents (even stuff like nautilus) and it also lets it play like a backline if it needs to, which is something neither of its current kits can do.

okay I'm not typing out the rest, crab definitely wins here. Torpedo crab it is.

the kit generator doesn't work on my phone so you'll have to wait until I get home for the kit image

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
The best subs that it could get are torpedo and fizzy bomb. Fizzy would have insane combos with the long range mode, which would help the weak long range aoe. However, it would be hard to use at short range. Torpedo is the opposite, it would combo extremely well at short range but would be harder to use at long range. I think short range is where s-blast struggles the most. At long range, you're fine as long as you hit your directs, but at short range you either have to be in very specific positions or be moving around a piece of cover or just hope your opponent misses for a second and a half straight. A rolled torpedo could help a lot with this. S-blast also struggles at painting its feet (something torp does better than fizzy) so I think torp is the better option here. I could definitely see an argument for fizzy though, either one would be really good.

For the special, it would want something that gives it more aggressive options, especially if it's also a good continuation tool. Booyah does both of these amazingly, but after that there are a lot of options that could potentially work. Inkjet and crab are obvious candidates, but I could also see zooka, kraken, or even chumps working. I'm leaning towards crab but I can't decide so here are my thoughts on all of them.

Inkjet: s-blast already loves being under ledges, so this would work very well with that, but I'm afraid it might be a little redundant? Like, s-blast is really good under ledges, to the point that the extra power from the inkjet might not even be worth it occasionally because you have to make yourself exposed. It also really struggles with stuff longer range than it and inkjet won't help with that.
Crab: crab is a great continuation tool. If you've just gotten a splat but you took some damage and are low on ink because maybe you used a torpedo to get that splat, you can pop crab which gives you armor, and the firepower and range to threaten the opponents that might have tried to trade you back (or ones it wouldn't be safe for you to chase) and it gives you an ink refill once it's over. s-blast likes all of that. Plus it can use the crab to move longer ranged opponents (even stuff like nautilus) and it also lets it play like a backline if it needs to, which is something neither of its current kits can do.
I ended up having a very similar idea but I wasn't too sure when I first thought about it.
Regardless, these are the last two kits for Range and S-Blast.
I was putting them off for a good while since I'm not as knowledgeable about blasters the same way I am for sloshers.

Kit_S-BLAST_'92 2024_6_12 23_51_26.jpg

As @youre_a_squib_now already said, the best options for subs on S-Blast are Fizzy and Torp.
I don't want Fizzy on S-Blast though, for the same reason I don't want it on Slosher.
Fizzy is a much more passive sub that won't be as strong on a weapon that fights closer to where the enemy team is.
It can potentially be used aggressively but that's not really its best use.
Torp will allow S-Blast to more easily secure kills with its short range mode, provide a way to paint its feet, and it give some information on where the enemy team is.
As I've also said before though, we need more Torp weapons and S-Blast would be a great weapon choice for that.
Inkjet is there for a similar reason, it's going to be playing very up close so that gives it more opportunities to pop Jet under a ledge.
The only other Jet option that can play similarly is vTri, but that kit is stuck with Toxic Mist so that significantly holds it back.
While it's not a great option for dealing with a backline or longer ranged weapon like E-Liter that can just sit back and wait for you to pop Jet, I still think the main weapon, sub, and special synergize well enough for it to not be that big of a problem.
Another special like Tri-Strikes, Crab, and Zooka would be good too but most of the time S-Blast isn't going to be in the best positions to fully take advantage of them without having to move back first. A similar problem I already have with the vanilla bucket kit.
There's more I could say as to why I like this kit and why I don't mind the weaknesses it has but I don't want to go on forever so I'll stop here.

Kit_Range_Blaster 2024_6_12 23_48_57.jpg

I had a hard time thinking about another good sub for RB since it already has both Suction and Splat Bomb.
I also didn't want to give it Torp since it felt repetitive after giving the same sub to Slosher, Machine, and S-Blast so I decided to bring back Burst from Grim RB.
I was worried about S-Blast already having Burst at first but I figured that both main weapons play differently enough for it not to be a big issue.
A similar case with both Tri and Machine having Fizzy, even though RB and S-Blast aren't as different.
I'd even say Burst wouldn't be as good on RB since its ink efficiency is worse giving it less chances to actually take advantage of any damage combos or to use it as movement.
My focus isn't to make strong kits though, that's just something that comes from trying to make kits that synergize well with the main weapon and enable a playstyle that I'd enjoy.
Despite the negatives that I mentioned earlier, Burst would probably still be pretty good on Range. Just being able to instantly paint your feet and walls opens up different options for RB.
There's also the combo potential which wouldn't be consistent but is still good to have as an option.
That's also part of the reason why I gave it Killer Wail 5.1.
It could help finish off anyone who's weak from an indirect and Burst while also giving RB an instant tank refill allowing it to move in without worrying about its ink tank.
Having a special you can just pop to refill your ink tank while keeping your main weapon and targeting anyone around the map regardless of where they are sounds really good for a weapon like RB.
We've also already seen that it does just fine with Wave which can be used in a very similar way.
I think that's all I have to say about the kit but it is ironic that I accidently recreated the Splatoon 1 Grime Range kit.
I had no idea Grim Range had Killer Wail until after I started typing this.

Alright, I'm done now.
I don't think my opinion on the slosher kits will change unless we get 3rd kits and there's some pretty amazing balance changes for the next patch.

Vidknight

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
When I first saw this thread I wasn't really going to say post anything since I already done dream 3rd kits for weapons in my weapon pool here https://squidboards.com/threads/dream-weapon-kits.43615/page-2#post-309846 and nothing changed at all not even my weapon pool.

So instead I'm going with weapons I WOULD play but don't because of the kit whether it's boring or doesn't help with the main weapon. To make it more unique I wanted to have no repeat subs or specials so without a further ado these are my dream kits for 4 weapons starting with!

JET SQUELCHER EXPRESS
Jet Squelcher Express kit.png

Alright I got to be honest here Jet Squlchers kits are boring. I mean real sleepers and it sucks because the main weapon is real fun and I even played it in splatoon 2 it was an pretty fun aggro backline so with this kit I'm bringing back the aggro jet with its splatoon 1 kit. Burst Bomb to combo and finish off targets who get out of range of the jet player and Kraken so it can close the gap on targets who are out of Jet's range. This would be a flexible midrange that can work real well with team comps that are aggro and be a fun solo queue weapon (If you're like me a solo queue warrior).

SCARY SPLATTERSHOT NOVA
Scary Splattershot Nova kit.png

Nova is just sad for me. When I first saw this weapon I thought highly of it but it just ended up becoming a point sensor spammer and the Annaki kit became a jet spammer. I want Nova yknow the main gun to actually be usable so I decided on this kit for Nova. Torpedo so it can combo with nova even getting hit by one of those pellets that does 12 dmg would make Nova a 4 shot and Ink storm so Nova can combo off of it just 4 dmg from the storm can make nova kill you in 4 shots. This kit was made so that both the sub and special cover up for Nova weakness which was it's damage and using any either of them can make nova a 4 shot kill.

FRUIT PUNCH BIG SWIG ROLLER
Fruit Punch Big Swig Roller kit.png

Just Like Nova Big Swig looked fun when I first saw it but turned out to be zone_cheese.mp4 this weapon can work I'm in big swig discord and saw people do impressive things with the weapon but it doesn't change the fact for me atleast that the kits makes the weapon boring. So with this kit I made it more aggro with fizzy for swig to combo off of and chump so swig can pop it move in and also if somebody get hit by one of the chumps swig can one shot. Both fizzy and swig make this weapon a one shot since they both can do a minimum of 30 dmg.

EMERGENCY HYDRA SPLATLING
Emergency Hydra Splatling kit.png

Alright so this is the one time where the problem is not that the kit is boring or even unsynergetic both Hydra kits are pretty good it's the problem of this game just not being friendly to hydra (Yes I know that this is most likely a skill issue). So with this kit I want it so that hydra have a chance against other backlines. Beakon as hydra can place them in safe areas so that not only does your team have the option to jump to you but to 3 other locations. Bubbler as Hydra can place it down and become an unstoppable monster. The enemy team would need something like a kraken to stop a hydra in its bubble. This kit would make it so that its harder to take down a hydra.

Also just like last time all custom icons done by me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom