Any Mega Man fans? or fans of more obscure things like mother 3, cave story, or yume nikki?

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
yume nikki mentioned

(i also need to get back to playing cave story...)
If I had a nickel for every cute-looking 2004 pixel art game with great music and skrunkly characters but it has a really goddamn dark story for some reason and was very influential to how indie games are today, i'd have two nickels. its not a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.

Vidknight

Formerly 'Grekly'
Pronouns
He/Him
I got two to share here. LBP a fun childhood game that had a massive impact on my life and bomberman another game I grew up playing mostly the Xbox 360 version. I feel that bomberman kind of fell off a bit in the public eyes in more recent years but I still like the little guy

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
cave story my beloved. one of the best games ever of all time and forevertm

also a fan of megaman. primarily the classic and battle network series

vamp1rebees

Full Squid
Pronouns
they
Switch Friend Code
SW-4398-1560-3805
seriously, i've tried finishing it without walkthroughs but everything is so confusing and cryptic that i have to keep looking things up online
i haven't thought to look at play throughs tbh but i'd still get lost regardless </3

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Big Mega Man enjoyer here. I've played the entire classic, X, and Zero series, plus ZX1 and Mega Man GB I and V. Mostly really sick games. Most of my time has went into Mega Man 9 even though it's not my absolute favorite in the lineup, it's just really easy to pick up and play.

Also this is an old sprite so it's like not perfect but I made this a while back

image.png

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
This made me realize I really don't play that many old games huh

I should try some more, there's not that many 2000s games I've played

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
Big Mega Man enjoyer here. I've played the entire classic, X, and Zero series, plus ZX1 and Mega Man GB I and V. Mostly really sick games. Most of my time has went into Mega Man 9 even though it's not my absolute favorite in the lineup, it's just really easy to pick up and play.

Also this is an old sprite so it's like not perfect but I made this a while back

View attachment 13060
nice! i'm huge on MMZ4, MM10, Rockman&Forte, and X5.

also i love the art!

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
This made me realize I really don't play that many old games huh

I should try some more, there's not that many 2000s games I've played
i'd recommend cave story. really fun. I'd also recommend Yume Nikki is more of an experience than a game, mostly being a walking sim. but a good one nonetheless

electronvolt

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
Fellow megaman enjoyer here, I liked x, zero and zx, but when I played megaman 1 and 2 on nso I didn't get along with them.
Possibly not obscure, but pokemon spinoffs. (Pokepark 2 is good, i will not be taking counterarguments)
I spent entirely too much time playing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time, it is an incredible video game and, >10? years later, is still the one that made me cry the most.

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
cave story my beloved. one of the best games ever of all time and forevertm

also a fan of megaman. primarily the classic and battle network series
I literally attracted the entire squidboards community by retro-game pheremones

SAMICOM

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-4190-1330
Fellow megaman enjoyer here, I liked x, zero and zx, but when I played megaman 1 and 2 on nso I didn't get along with them.
Possibly not obscure, but pokemon spinoffs. (Pokepark 2 is good, i will not be taking counterarguments)
I spent entirely too much time playing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time, it is an incredible video game and, >10? years later, is still the one that made me cry the most.
Mega Man 2 was a mistake to play. only for people blinded by nostalgia. I'd try MM4 or 9

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i'm gonna elaborate beyond "yume nikki mentioned" lol. i first played yn all the way through when i was like, 12 (crazy to think i've been a yume nikki enjoyer for literally half my life now) and having baby's first mental health episode and it was pretty much what got me through 7th grade. i was very scared of being chased so i went out of my way to avoid angering the toriningen/avoid areas where i knew they were already angered, and i definitely needed walkthroughs/wikisurfing to finish the game in part because i was scared of getting chased 😭 i think i'm generally a little braver in video games now, and i'm long overdue for a yume nikki replay, so i've gotta play again sometime. it's definitely a game that benefits from taking it slow and exploring rather than rushing to the end, and i've always liked that it relies more on atmosphere than jumpscares for its horror

i was also really into the fangames, but i couldn't get a good chunk of them to work back in 2012-13 lol. .flow worked, and it was one of my favorites (i've gotta replay .flow too sometime...), and some western ones like the looking glass worked because i didn't have to work around them being made for japanese systems, but i never managed to play a lot of the well-known japanese fangames like 2kki. i'll try again one of these days

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom