• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any stages you simply despise!?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Port Mackeral cause I hate getting caught in the tight choke points all over, is my lest favorite.

However, I don't know why people struggle with Moray tower. I use the Hero Dualies and the snipers are so newbish they'ere taken out very easily. Just hop up the little rail to their favorite platform (you know the one) and take em out rinse and repeat.
I think I can speak for most of us. The 'struggle' is not real with the towers. Just don't care for the map.

shudder

Senior Squid
What's interesting about Moray is I believe it ended up #1 or near the top in a poll of maps but reading online there's barely anyone that seems to like it, myself included. The map sounds like it'd be really interesting but it's not. For the new maps Starfish would be my least favorite currently, although my highest winning percentage so far is on that map.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What's interesting about Moray is I believe it ended up #1 or near the top in a poll of maps but reading online there's barely anyone that seems to like it, myself included. The map sounds like it'd be really interesting but it's not. For the new maps Starfish would be my least favorite currently, although my highest winning percentage so far is on that map.
I chalked up that poll to two things. One, players in other regions liking Moray Towers more than us. Two, large amounts of people thinking it'd be "funny" to vote for the stage they and/or others hate. You know, the same reason why there's abysmally bad games on Steam with tons of jokey "positive" reviews because idiot after idiot thinks they're being clever.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I actually like Moray Towers, but not on Splat Zones.
Keeping track of two zones at once without a long ranged weapon is like spreading your legs on a conveyor belt leading to a saw blade.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I chalked up that poll to two things. One, players in other regions liking Moray Towers more than us. Two, large amounts of people thinking it'd be "funny" to vote for the stage they and/or others hate. You know, the same reason why there's abysmally bad games on Steam with tons of jokey "positive" reviews because idiot after idiot thinks they're being clever.
I place the blame more on the structure of the poll. "Pick your favorite"-style polls favor outliers. For instance, if 30% of voters prefer Moray Towers to more traditional maps, it'll get 30%. Then the other 70% of voters will split their votes more or less equally across, say, 3 other options which are similar to each other, then each of those options will get 23.33%. Moray Towers then "wins" even though it would lose handily if you lumped the similar maps together, or if you asked everyone to rank their choices or rate how much they approve or disapprove of each one.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Humpback Pump Track gets boring easily, especially in Turf Wars. Port Mackerel is so cramped and feels incredibly flat. Moray Towers is OK as long as you have a team that knows what the fast travel rails are. For all the talk of snipers there, I've had fun using a roller there in Turf Wars due to how easy it is to ink the narrow pathways efficiently.

Stel (Flan-ik)

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7694-8205-3119
This is an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy Moray! And I'm not a charger user! Lol

I think what I like most about it is, like Flounder Heights from Splat 1, Moray is more of a vertical map than it is horizontal. During my time in Splat 1 I always played on Moray because it taught me to be more aware of my surroundings. Not only do you have watch your front, back, and sides but also your head! You have to constantly watch above you in case someone tried to splat you from above, which I feel is a very important aspect of gameplay. Thanks to that, I'm naturally more aware of what's around me no matter what stage I'm on!

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
I don't hate any stages just in general but there are some I realllly dislike in certain modes. Humpback Pump Track tower control is. not very enjoyable for me. Musselforge Fitness in splat zones isn't great to me either because I keep falling off the platform & getting up there can be actual hell sometimes. I don't mind anything in turf war, though

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Humpback Pump Track. Once the opponents capture the middle of the stage, there's very little you can do. Every way out of the base is predictable and in sight.

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
I hate any of the stages either, except there is one I get annoyed with because of a certain part I always almost fall off the map on.(though I can't remember the map name atm)

shudder

Senior Squid
I don't hate any stages just in general but there are some I realllly dislike in certain modes. Humpback Pump Track tower control is. not very enjoyable for me. Musselforge Fitness in splat zones isn't great to me either because I keep falling off the platform & getting up there can be actual hell sometimes. I don't mind anything in turf war, though
One of the problems with TC on humpback is the tower seems to go such a short distance and it doesn't really change direction much, it goes down a short distance and then turns and that's pretty much it. It has to be one of the most boring TC maps in the series so far. They should've tweaked the map more for it and changed the route of the tower somewhat.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Moray Towers. It's much better in this game compared to the first one, but it still brings back awful memories of lobbies full of E-Litres and getting sniped from halfway across the map.

As for maps such as
Port Mackerel, Humpback Pump Track and Starfish Mainstage; I don't think they're that bad with equal teams, but when the teams are uneven their flaws really start to become unbearable.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
One of the problems with TC on humpback is the tower seems to go such a short distance and it doesn't really change direction much, it goes down a short distance and then turns and that's pretty much it. It has to be one of the most boring TC maps in the series so far. They should've tweaked the map more for it and changed the route of the tower somewhat.
That's exactly it. I swear, once someone takes control, that's it. It's over. We've lost matches there within at most 20 seconds

ViziVoir

Inkling
NNID
ViziVoir
Can't stand Moray Towers. I mean, I get it, they wanted a stage good for chargers....but it's bad for everyone else! You need crazy mobility and some really defensive play, in turf wars, at least, and I can never quite get the hang of it.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
The funny thing about Moray Towers is when you're playing rainmaker then you see the words "rainmaker reset!" & you just KNOW someone fell off. (& it happens so often, too)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Honestly pretty surprised at how many people dislike Moray Towers, I really like that map and assumed it was a favorite. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom