• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anything you miss from Splatoon 1?

Moochii

Inkling
NNID
Dlipendo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3555-1146-5128
This is my second thread, plz don't get mad at me.

So Splatoon 2 added a lot of good things, like Salmon Run, new weapons, and other stuff I'm too lazy to list. But there are some things that are gone from the first game. I wanna know what things you miss from Splatoon 1. It could be a weapon, map, or just something you liked.

For me, I miss the old soundtrack. The new one is good and all, but there were some songs from Splatoon that I am sad aren't in Splatoon 2.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
As odd as it sounds, I miss Camp Triggerfish. I had a lot of good memories there, the map is also really fun to play on too, rainmaker was always exciting there. Very unlikely Nintendo will bring back Camp Triggerfish though.

Also, the specials in Splatoon were better than Splatoon 2 in my opinion, I miss the Inkstrike and Inkzooka.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Having just gotten Kelp Dome back, I'm glad to be without an important thing from the first game for myself. If we get Walleye Warehouse back in the future I'll be really happy, along with a few other maps I really loved in the first game.

I miss the flow of Splatoon 1 turf wars if we can talk about more mechanical things we miss. The maps in this game don't make for passive turfing as much of an option anymore, which was a fun way to play Turf back in the first game. Kelp Dome (and other future Splatoon 1 maps) however may just give us that old turf feeling, so far my time with Kelp felt reminiscent of Turf War in the first game.

Moochii

Inkling
NNID
Dlipendo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3555-1146-5128
Having just gotten Kelp Dome back, I'm glad to be without an important thing from the first game for myself. If we get Walleye Warehouse back in the future I'll be really happy, along with a few other maps I really loved in the first game.

I miss the flow of Splatoon 1 turf wars if we can talk about more mechanical things we miss. The maps in this game don't make for passive turfing as much of an option anymore, which was a fun way to play Turf back in the first game. Kelp Dome (and other future Splatoon 1 maps) however may just give us that old turf feeling, so far my time with Kelp felt reminiscent of Turf War in the first game.
Walleye Warehouse would be great to have in Splatoon 2. To be honest, that was one of the maps I enjoyed more than others.
As for the flow of Turf wars, I could agree that Splatoon had a little bit different flow than Splatoon 2, but it doesn't bother me that much.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I miss the specials.

I appreciate that the new specials are far more balanced, but the inkzooka was just sooooooo satisfying to use.

Also I prefer the Splatoon 1 point sensors, and I really miss the range that the S1 Splattershot pro had.

You know what?

I just miss everything about the Forge Splattershot Pro. :(

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The Inkstrike, and the day 1/Splatfest maps.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Kinda specific but I miss burst canceling off ledges. The weapons that I like playing don't have burst bombs anymore. The Carbon Roller and Neo Splash in S1 are so fun to slam-dunk people with.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Apart from Weapons (which have already been leaked, except the Octoshot) and Gear (which I have mentioned in a previous thread), I also miss some my favourite old stages, such as Urchin Underpass, Camp Triggerfish and Mahi-Mahi Resort. I hate how some of the new stages are just CQC expies of the first game's stages.

I'm also missing the first game's music:
Especially this one.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
Moe the fish (The fish in Annie's Hair). I also miss the old music :'3 wish I could hear Splattack again during turf war...

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I've said it once, and I'm going to say it again:

WhERe iS mY RaNge BLaStER!?

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I've said it once, and I'm going to say it again:

WhERe iS mY RaNge BLaStER!?
I'm sure its coming back later.

And for me: I don't really miss anything (I am not even sure which music I should like more). I really miss the old final boss fight tho.

EDIT: And I am missing all the Japanese player.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I miss the cleanliness of the general appearance. I feel like text is popping up in my face more often, ink explosions are bigger and more distracting, effects like Point Sensors and Toxic Mist obscure more of what's going on, etc. I have a much harder time seeing what's going on than I used to, and I'm getting killed because I'm completely blinded a lot more often.

Also Camp Triggerfish and a few of the weapons, but we'll get there. They could sure stand to release more than one weapon a week, though.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The specials are the biggest thing that i miss from Splatoon 1, to me they really did feel like they gave a strong sense of power whenever it's raining down inkstrikes or taking down enemies in Kraken form. In Splatoon 2 the specials feel more like glorified sub-weapons, you activate it and make the most of it. It's a lot more utilitarian.

I can understand the overhaul from a balancing perspective but i still miss S1's specials.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I miss quite a couple things, like my old skill level (r.i.p.), some old music tracks, some weapons, a couple stages (Saltspray Rig, Walleye) - but Ninty is pretty good at bringing most of it back (welcome home, Kelp Dome <3). So I'm quite positive about the future.

But I didn't ask for Moray to be brought back. I didn't miss it. At all. Nintendo. Stop.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
@MindWanderer I completely agree that Splatoon 1 is more aesthetically pleasing; go no further than the main colors. Everything is so flashy and jagged in Splatoon 2 that it feels like an advertisement for an energy drink.

I miss that every inkling girl no longer has the original (best) hairstyle and is wearing the sexy, tight shorts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If the Splatoon Amiibo actually brought back the old songs for multiplayer, I would buy them all in a heartbeat. The second Switch hacking becomes a thing, all the songs and "remixed" themes are being replaced. Just the guitar riff from Ink or Sink obliterates anything this game has to offer.

I miss Rollers and Chargers feeling useful.

I miss the old rank system and Japanese players (I never thought I'd be wishing for either of these).

I miss having a 25Hz tickrate and 3 less frames of input lag.

I miss Sunken Scrolls having any actual substance.

I miss Anie and Moe, along with Cap'n Cuttlefish.

I definitely miss the announcers. :(

I can understand the overhaul from a balancing perspective but i still miss S1's specials.
What I don't understand, is why they couldn't try to bring at least some of the specials back, albeit heavily nerfed. I could totally see an Inkzooka with shots that travel at half their speed being fair; it would still keep enemies back, but would make it much less of the unforeseeable death laser than it was before.

Sucks to be this guy anyway:

Well, until Nintendo finds a way to make copies of their older installments self destruct, we can always play them for as long was we still own them:

Wait, sh*t, they can turn off the servers...

Last edited:

Moochii

Inkling
NNID
Dlipendo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3555-1146-5128
@Drew Sebastino I kinda disagree with the charger thing. They still feel useful to me, and I still see a lot of people using them. But I'm still sad they nerfed the E-Liter. It used to be my favorite charger, now I just use the regular one. Not to mention a lot of the new and redesigned maps are less charger-friendly, so there's that.

Although I think the rollers do kinda need a buff, but thats just me...

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
They gave me flip flops but took away my jungle hat! Flip flops, red aloha shirt, jungle hat—let me have it!

Also, the black straw boater hat while we're at it too. Along with hydras and bamboozlers. And bring back Mahi Mahi Resort! People need to understand the salt and lulz of true water hazards!

Things I miss that aren't coming back? Inkstrike and Killer Wail, I especially liked just slowly walking around with them just because before unleashing them. And the echolocator special. I miss the classic point sensor and haunt. I miss using the disruptor and spamming it, especially whenever someone was trying to jump a gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom