• Poll closed .

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
F2C4nuFXsAAnL-P.jpg

Time for another topic with a new twist! At least it being held in August is original, I guess?
What's most important to you - money, fame, or love?

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
Honestly, with Fame thrown into the mix, this is one of the most even global themes we've had in terms of probable player balance. I'm excited to see how this one plays out (and I hope Humpback Pump Track is the Tricolor Battle stage).

Team Money, baby.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
money or fame has my preference but i seen many pick love so i have a feeling we are getting a Big man sweep again >.<

Cephalobro

No matter which one wins, the love between my Octoling Boy OC (Coral) and my Octoling Girl OC (Kelp) will survive anything.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Voting's open! Go earn your team some conch shells!

crazybenjamin

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2794-0568-0108
I'll be picking Fame in this Splatfest, but after seeing Big Man's dialogue I figured I'd throw together this quick and dirty comic:
splatfest comic.jpg

Gab1bb0

Inkling
NNID
Emii900
Switch Friend Code
SW-3358-8459-2590
I'll be picking Fame in this Splatfest, but after seeing Big Man's dialogue I figured I'd throw together this quick and dirty comic:
View attachment 7941
This is happened to me, initially I tought that love was "romantic love" and I wanted to vote for something else but once I learned that it's a broader definition of love I changed my mind.

Cephalobro

This is happened to me, initially I tought that love was "romantic love" and I wanted to vote for something else but once I learned that it's a broader definition of love I changed my mind.
Yeah, before the dialogue, I was going with Money on this one. But now with the dialogue pointing out a very important detail that love can also be platonic (which is why I wholly discredit the Pearl x Marina shipping, as I just see them as best friends), I decided to cast my vote for Love again. For example, my Octoling Boy OC (Coral) also loves his Octotrooper brother (Clam), both as a brother and as a best friend. The actual romantic love between my OCs is Coral x Kelp, well that, and between Clam and his Octobomber girlfriend (Ocean).

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
I stuck to my principles and voted Team Money. Team Love is absolutely going to win the Splatfest without a shadow of a doubt, though. I predict Gear/Grub/Fun all over again.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Money easily. After all, you need it to live even the most basic life possible. You can get by without Fame or Love and those two generally don't last forever and will let you down when you least expect it.

crazybenjamin

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2794-0568-0108
A funny coincidence happened just now: after I had already chosen Team Fame, I got the "Fame-Seeking" title from the Shell-out Machine! (This isn't the first time this has happened, when I picked Team Sweet I got the "Sweet-Toothed" title from there)
fame seeking zink model.jpg

Cephalobro

As I said before, I was going to pick Team Money, so I'm glad I actually didn't just button-mash the dialogue away.

Planning to make some SFMs based on this Splatfest sometime after I return from vacation.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
My initial thought was either Money or Love when it was announced. Then after some thinking and the ingame dialoge I went with Team Love.
I also don't mind the mirror matches that are going to happen, I'm not a fan of the stress that 10x battles create so this is a good way to avoid them.

Cephalobro

To be fair, I got way too many mirror matches. 90% of the matches I have played actually were mirror matches.

Now to wait for some salty plaza posts, because there will 100% be at least one.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Fun fact: this is the first Splatfest since Tricolor matches were opened to all teams during Day 2 in which the defending team lost.
I still think that's enough to suggest that something is seriously wrong with the format, and between that and the popularity splits some of these topics have (Fame got 9.1% - the second lowest ever, only losing to Bigfoot's 8.69%!), I really hope we return to two-option Splatfests come Splatoon 4 if they're going to stick with one global topic every time.

Cephalobro

Fun fact: this is the first Splatfest since Tricolor matches were opened to all teams during Day 2 in which the defending team lost.
I still think that's enough to suggest that something is seriously wrong with the format, and between that and the popularity splits some of these topics have (Fame got 9.1% - the second lowest ever, only losing to Bigfoot's 8.69%!), I really hope we return to two-option Splatfests come Splatoon 4 if they're going to stick with one global topic every time.
For that, they would have to make it two idols again, since the idols are the ones that host their respective Splatfest sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom