• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Banning Weapons or Maps?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I feel like there's no point in having different clothing if it's gonna have stats, I'd like for them to have a cosmetic menu where you can get the same clothes but they won't have the stats.
Yeah, honestly. I don't see the point of it. The only stats should be on guns..

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
I feel like there's no point in having different clothing if it's gonna have stats, I'd like for them to have a cosmetic menu where you can get the same clothes but they won't have the stats.
Well, Im pretty sure that there's gonna be a good number of fashion inklings who just pick up good looking gear and roll with the stats given.

Lyn

Premium
Well, Im pretty sure that there's gonna be a good number of fashion inklings who just pick up good looking gear and roll with the stats given.
I will be one of those, definitely. I just worry it could negatively affect game experience.

Understandable, but regardless what the stats are I don't think anybody will want to wear their favorite clothing if it means having a very slow walking speed in exchange for firepower (If stats work like Equipment in Smash Bros)

Lyn

Premium
Understandable, but regardless what the stats are I don't think anybody will want to wear their favorite clothing if it means having a very slow walking speed in exchange for firepower (If stats work like Equipment in Smash Bros)
This. All this. This is what I worry about most.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
As far as I know, the stats dont have any negative attributes like movement speed down or faster ink usage. Thus having a cool looking set would be totally viable. It just might need adaptation to wrap your playstyle around the perks you gain.

Lyn

Premium
As far as I know, the stats dont have any negative attributes like movement speed down or faster ink usage. Thus having a cool looking set would be totally viable. It just might need adaptation to wrap your playstyle around the perks you gain.
So.. what if someone has an item leveled up fully and you don't have any at all? That seems unfair..

Right, but for now I'm gonna go into this assuming that there are negative attributes to balance other stats so no matter how strong the stat is, you can't have perfect stats.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
So.. what if someone has an item leveled up fully and you don't have any at all? That seems unfair..
You mean piece of an equipment doesnt have any perks at all? That shouldnt be possible. Every piece of gear will have the same number of stats when fully leveled up if that is what you mean.

Lyn

Premium
You mean piece of an equipment doesnt have any perks at all? That shouldnt be possible. Every piece of gear will have the same number of stats when fully leveled up if that is what you mean.
I mean if you have a level 1 equipment or no equipment, and they have a fully leveled one.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
I mean if you have a level 1 equipment or no equipment, and they have a fully leveled one.
Well then they obviously have the higher ground. Im still unsure how slow/hard it is to level up a piece of a gear but we'll see

proxibomb

Inkling
Going off of Counter-Strike, I do believe anything will be possible. The only reason I see a gun getting banned, is if it basically halts sessions of battle or stops games very early. I have high hopes for Nintendo competitively editing every weapon so that people can have a fair game.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Yep. Unlike Smash Bros, there's no tradeoff to equipment. Honestly, I think the perks are neat, but I'm hoping that there's a way to remove/disable these. I WANT TO LOOK COOL NINTENDO.

Lyn

Premium
Going off of Counter-Strike, I do believe anything will be possible. The only reason I see a gun getting banned, is if it basically halts sessions of battle or stops games very early. I have high hopes for Nintendo competitively editing every weapon so that people can have a fair game.
I do believe there wont be much imbalance if any, but there's always the chance they throw in a "Blue Shell" type weapon and throw everything off.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
hopefully the game is balanced enough to not warrant any weapon bans, but honestly pretty much every competitive shooter i've been involved in has had some bans

since we know for sure teams will only have 4 players, maybe we could say more powerful weapons can only be assigned to one player, and the rest have to use niche weapons?

the game isn't even out so it's definitely too early to have any major discussion about bans, but all the weapons so far look pretty balanced, so i'm going into the game cautiously optimistic

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
the game isn't even out so it's definitely too early to have any major discussion about bans, but all the weapons so far look pretty balanced, so i'm going into the game cautiously optimistic
I am as well.. I don't think anything will need to be banned, but the game looks so chaotic I'm sure things could have been overlooked.

hopefully the game is balanced enough to not warrant any weapon bans, but honestly pretty much every competitive shooter i've been involved in has had some bans

since we know for sure teams will only have 4 players, maybe we could say more powerful weapons can only be assigned to one player, and the rest have to use niche weapons?

I heard they will have specific setups with each Main weapon to keep them from being overpowered

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I am as well.. I don't think anything will need to be banned, but the game looks so chaotic I'm sure things could have been overlooked.
coming from competitive tf2, there's actually a LOT of weapons bans because they slow down the pace of the game and overall make the meta more stale.. splatoon is dissimilar to tf2 in that it resembles more traditional shooters in its movement and time to kill than a quake-y arena shooter than tf2, so more weapons might be permitted in the long run, but i can see splatoon going down the same path if some weapons are too goofy

Reactions: Lyn

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Every weapon I've seen so far seems pretty balanced but we'll see.
Completely agree with this. Thankfully the weapons come in sets, b/c that means to get a really good gun, means your sub weapon, and special will not be as great.

coming from competitive tf2, there's actually a LOT of weapons bans because they slow down the pace of the game and overall make the meta more stale.. splatoon is dissimilar to tf2 in that it resembles more traditional shooters in its movement and time to kill than a quake-y arena shooter than tf2, so more weapons might be permitted in the long run, but i can see splatoon going down the same path if some weapons are too goofy
curious.. TF2 doesn't have weapon sets right? You can mix and match?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom