• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Biggest pet peeve playing online?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I can't stand people who rush in instead of inking their own base first. They only care for the kill and not their own territory. Not to mention they're more likely to get themselves killed.

"Hey, why did we lose?"

"Because you didn't ink your own base, you ****ing idiots!"

Last edited:

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
I can't stand people who rush in instead of inking their own base first. They only care for the kill and not their own territory. Not to mention they're more likely to get themselves killed.

"Hey, why did we lose?"

I seem to lose more when people insist on inking their own base rather than proceeding to the objective or claiming territory in mid.

You can always ink your own territory a bit at a time as you respawn (building special at the same time), or pop back and paint some (if in turf) once you have control of the map. If you spend time inking your own base rather than proceeding to the objective/mid at the start, chances are the other team will lock you out and to make it worse, you wont have anything to ink to build special in order to try pushing back in with specials.

Reactions: the

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
When people follow the path I'm already inking in Turf Wars..
I always dread the beginning of matches in Port Mackerel because of this. How ****ing hard is it for each player to take one of the 4 routes. Like seriously, there isn't any other stage where there is such an easy, efficient, obvious way to start out the stage and people manage to constantly mess it up. They'll either follow the path your on, or, even worse, one of the higher ledges will be completely unclaimed because your 3 teammates all go down one of the lower routes.

I always, even if I start out in one of the middle slots of the spawn, immediately make my way to one of the ledges because you simply can't trust people to do them.

The absolute worst is if they START working on a ledge, but don't FINISH it! They just drop down to a lower level halfway.This can happen in a couple of stages, but it's especially common on Mackarel.

Doggypie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4612-1393-2138
When you try to win the game, but the other team wanted to be ******s and stay in one place.

SquidletSquidlet

Inkster Jr.
Bad teammates (happens to me CONSTANTLY during Splatfest and Salmon Run), one hit ko weapons of any kind, and people using specials as panic buttons.

Thankfully the specials are way less overpowered now.

I will go out of my way to annoy and hopefully splat rollers/chargers/blasters.

I can lead in every category, get 10 splats and/or north of 1000p and still lose Splatfest matches cause my teammates were flat useless. In one Splatfest match today, I got a tri on the opposing team at the last ~1:00 and we still somehow lost, seriously.

Cephalobro

Splatfests and short-ranged shooters should not go together. Expecting to win with a team of Sploosh and Aerosprays is like expecting a machine to survive being submerged in water, it's not going to happen.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
In Turf War: when people don't realise that the enemy is making a breakthrough on a flank, despite me spamming "This Way!". You're knee-deep in the enemies' base and aren't getting attacked - ever stopped and questioned why?

In Ranked: when people score a splat or two but just hide in front of the objective, without claiming it for our team.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Any behavior that denotes the person is disrespectful, to enemies, or teammates. Squidbagging when getting kills, going afk, or throwing matches. Making someone else miserable for your entertainment is gross when people play this game to have some fun themselves.

N8ter

Inkling
NNID
N8ter
Switch Friend Code
SW-1479-1762-9301
I can't stand it when players are just standing in your way constantly (Of course I understand that they sometimes don't notice) But I mean come on, all inkling are made out of ink, why can't the ink go through the inkling with the same color? Like I'll be trying to shoot this guy with like.. a freaking dynamo because i got the range but a inkbrush user is in the way so we're both killed. And plus i hate that people disconnect and the whole rest of the team disconnects as well.. so it's just me.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I can't stand it when players are just standing in your way constantly (Of course I understand that they sometimes don't notice) But I mean come on, all inkling are made out of ink, why can't the ink go through the inkling with the same color? Like I'll be trying to shoot this guy with like.. a freaking dynamo because i got the range but a inkbrush user is in the way so we're both killed. And plus i hate that people disconnect and the whole rest of the team disconnects as well.. so it's just me.
Ugh yeah I know the feeling. For me, it's the worst with splatlings. I hate when I'm on a perch trying to take on the objective or pick people off, then some stupid Jr. Thinks that this is a good place to stand. Could you not? Like I understand in some situations, but be aware that there is a literal death machine behind you waiting to get going.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
rollers..those ******* ROLLERS..sorry that was the salty side of me speaking lol but yup it are rollers for me..i struggle so much when they are good players and in the enemy tream,i feel like a chicked but i try to avoid good roller players in a match because i know i will get splatted otherwise x.x

and of course teammates who DC >~>

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet

"Hey, why did we lose?"

actually that depends on the map dude,some maps make it obvious that whoever got the center,will probably be the dominating team winning the match,i know in which maps i need to focus on the center so that deserves my attention more then the base,because wasting my time on the base probably means the enemy has the center when i'm done inking the base >~>

N8ter

Inkling
NNID
N8ter
Switch Friend Code
SW-1479-1762-9301
One thing i'm tired of is people UNABLE TO FOCUSE ON THE OBJECTIVE. I
m the only one going for the rainmaker while the team of three is destroying me. And yes the whole team is revived and long enough for them to get out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom