• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Biggest pet peeve playing online?

Noodlez_

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3763-3506-4409
What drives you crazy when playing online?

Mine is DEFINITELY people who sit and hide on turf war. It doesn' matter if they'e on my team or the other team I can't ****ing stand them. (Snipers and brushes mainly) If they'e on the opposite team I'll go through hell to make sure they won' sit anywhere long lol

Whats Everyone elses? I know I'm not the only one out there lol

I'm new to squid boards so hit me up!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Don't diss campers. Whatever it takes to secure a win, better to have somebody playing defensively then for everybody to rush in, get wiped, and lose at the last second.

My biggest is probably playing off hours and getting stuck playing with JP players. Hit detection is a complete mess, I can get double the amount of hits required to splat in my Splat Dualies and it isn't a guarantee it actually even registered on their end. Which is why I've decided to never go into PvP on off hours now, only Salmon Run.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I bet other people hate when I do this but I just bring the Mini into turf war for a round and just spawn kill people...probably not the nicest thing but whatever...

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
When I'm trying to gain ground and a teammate runs up with tentamissiles targeting them. I don't have the circle of death under my feet... Most the time that garbage doesn't even appear if you aren't targeted. Even when I see it coming... Thanks for making sure my escape path is now hostile ink?

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
The matchmaking. Or people who constantly squid party. I don’t care if it’s just turf and you’re terrible as long as you just play. I don’t mind squid partying in small doses but the ones who are inactive for multiple games in a row. I usually just leave the lobby.....which sucks when other players are actually good and wanna play. I hate leaving a good lobby because of 2 inactive douchebags.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Don't diss campers. Whatever it takes to secure a win, better to have somebody playing defensively then for everybody to rush in, get wiped, and lose at the last second.

My biggest is probably playing off hours and getting stuck playing with JP players. Hit detection is a complete mess, I can get double the amount of hits required to splat in my Splat Dualies and it isn't a guarantee it actually even registered on their end. Which is why I've decided to never go into PvP on off hours now, only Salmon Run.
I prefer playing at odd hours when it’s possible. Japanese players are usually more serious....even in turf

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
While I can name many pet peeves, my biggest one has to be when people clump together in 1 area in Turf. I had a game on Pumptrack where my teammates where clumped together on the right side of the map. They weren't being attacked, they were inking turf together. That doesn't help our situation. Spread. Out. XD

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
While I can name many pet peeves, my biggest one has to be when people clump together in 1 area in Turf. I had a game on Pumptrack where my teammates where clumped together on the right side of the map. They weren't being attacked, they were inking turf together. That doesn't help our situation. Spread. Out. XD
Maybe they were squidpartying. If people are grouping up, go check if you can get in on the action and make peace with the other team.

And if they aren’t partying, a quick This Way usually has one of them follow you, where they can actually help out.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
People who don't think about where their weapon fits in a comp in soloQ. Often times there are games where my team has no slayers and the person with the closest weapon to that just does their own little thing. I hate when people on my team can't slay very well. I can't stand seeing myself getting more kills than a roller or blaster or ttek or what have you while I'm using the E-Liter. Also people who don't catch on to the most predictable habits of certain people. But I can't leave this one out: getting a DC on your team when it still counts. Honestly this doesn't disturb me as much as bad teammates but it still sucks. At least in Rank X the DC rate went from about 12% in S+ to 8% which is pretty decent.

bogusflint

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3524-1992-7991
clash blasters. they're literally the most OP weapon in the entire game and they have no counters.

Cephalobro

When players stay at spawn anytime during a battle. If you don't want to play a match then do one simple thing and don't join a lobby. Those who sabotage matches are especially annoying. Squid parties should be relegated to Private Battle and victory celebration in Salmon Run only.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
clash blasters. they're literally the most OP weapon in the entire game and they have no counters.
They can be countered, but I agree they are annoying.....like gnats or mosquitoes. I hate going against blasters in general, but the more I play against them, the more I figure out how to kill them......even with a custom Jr. :) I never face them head on, unless the weapon I use out ranges their's. With shorter range weapons, I know a blaster's ink storage is weak, so I usually keep backing up or dodging while they're shooting at me until I see where they've run out of ink, and then I go in for the kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom