• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Bloblobber, is it too strong?

hoo

Inkling
NNID
jawsbenjamin3
Switch Friend Code
SW-5606-6403-6999
Aside from being hell to fight a 1v1 against one.
It has incredible rangeCriminal dps
It can play a better defense than a rapid.
I hope for a nerf soon.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
If it's too useful, it will be nerfed later on.
But since most opponent have to linger on the ground, the weapon is very useful in many scenarios compared to others.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I'm thinking its nerfs could be any/many of these:

Less connected ink trails
Harsher shot arcs (more difficult to throw over ledges)
Bubbles deal much less damage after falling a certain distance (so the issue in the video above is fixed)
Bubbles can be shot out of the air, a la Bubble Blower

Juicedup

Inkling
NNID
Juicedup
git gud?
adapt?

But seriously the rate of fire rewards spamming shots and making a wave of death.
It's impossible to engage with most weapons.

Lord Jabbu

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2313-0578-8025
Bubbles deal much less damage after falling a certain distance (so the issue in the video above is fixed)
I was thinking of slowing movement speed to about the same as a splatling/minigun. After all, it looks like a ceramic bathtub. Also, I'd reduce the fire rate (not burst rate) to allow for a better chance to get out of the way after the 1st and 2nd shots hit.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Might as well delete the weapon from the game instead.

the

Inkling Commander
Honestly all i think it needs is less object damage and either a 5-hit kill or a slightly lower fire-rate. This weapon gets overwhelming because it can flood an area with hitboxes, but it doesn’t need to be nerfed into the ground.

Lord Jabbu

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2313-0578-8025
They could also add RNG to the bubble path to make it less accurate, but I wouldn't couple that with other nerfs.

Gakhob

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0432-3012-2940
I think right now it's really powerful. Each bubble does(i tested it but I could be wrong) like 30 damage even when they get smaller. Since all the bubbles come out back to back it kills extremely quick. Them bouncing around can be really hard to escape or approach. All they need to do is add more lag after each slosh and make it to where when the bubbles get smaller they do less damage. It would still fit the design and it would still kill up close but it would make more sense long range. It's a good weapon but i think the part thats insane is its damage long range and the ability to spam and just shut people out.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I wouldn't necessarily say it's "OP", but it has a few traits that make it a bit broken-ish in its current state. The showcased damage to the Rainmaker shield would be one. It ties with Dapple Dualies for the time it needs to take it down, but does so at crazy good range - in other words, from a safe distance. It can bring down any Splash Wall in only two sloshes. The constant "object shredder" perk it currently has is a bit much.

Other than that, it has just too much going for it currently. Its turfing capability is crazy good, AND it can potentially kill in one slosh. It's the H4 of the weapons, without the ink tank efficiency weakness, or the turfing weakness, or charge-up "weakness" that other one-shot weapons have. It has a few weaker points to it, like it literally sucks at inking walls, and the projectiles can bounce over targets and there's an endlag, but the pros still outweigh the cons massively. I suck at using sloshers, and I was still able to consistently net a good amount of kills just by spamming blobbles across the stage AND get almost 1.8k ink turfed in one CB match lol. :v

Calling for nerfs only days after release may be a bit harsh, but it definitely needs adjustments in terms of how much damage it deals to the RM shield and splash walls - and maybe add damage falloff when the bubbles get smaller. That's pretty much all it needs to be more balanced imo.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Just because a new weapon doesn't suck it doesn't necessarily mean it is broken. But I am no pro.
The range goes further than most sniper weapons, shown in that video. You must be clearly joking.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224

Maybe a tad much. Mainly the harsher shot ark and especially the being able to be fired out.

Though I think a fair nerf to its effectiveness would be.
  • Decrease firing rate to maybe half way between the Explosher and Sloshing Machine. Maybe a bit faster than that. Just at least slower than the Sloshing Machine. Therefore the weapon will no longer have as much of an overbearing control presence since there will be less projectiles is a short time.
  • Add some damage decay after it exceeds its initial arc range. Ingame you can see that the aiming reticle only accounts for the initial arc. I'd say a gradual damage decay from 30 down to 20 could be appropriate. It still has 4HKO potential up until half way through its additional bounces when the damage will drop below 25, making it a 5HKO at its furthest range.
  • Increase the ink consumption on this thing from 7% to 8%. Decreasing its maximum shot count from 14 to 12. The Explosher has an ink consumption of 9%, this weapon does not deserve ink consumption equal to the Slosher and Sloshing Machine.
  • If they can, put this weapon on a different damage multiplier on shields/objects, the 120 damage per slosh on a Brella shield with the Slosher class's 2x damage multiplier is absurd.
That's nerfing it while still allowing it to keep its actual range and movement speed.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Maybe a tad much. Mainly the harsher shot ark and especially the being able to be fired out.
Again, I didn’t say I’d want all of them added together. If the ability to shoot out the bullets was added, that’d be a fine nerf by itself (although it’d still need a nerf to object damage).

And it wouldn’t even be that big a nerf - the enemy’s bullets would be stopped too. It’d just be a way for an enemy to counter direct attacks (this weapon is supposed to be shot around corners and over ledges after all), to mitigate a bit of the insane area denial that the Bloblobber has, and to give it a proper weakness (fast-firing and piercing weapons).

Plus it fits in better with the established mechanics of the Bubble Blower, which is the same concept but upscaled.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
in my opinion it's a bit OP,and it doesn't help the fact that in each match i see at least 3 to 4 of them >~> if you ask me they either have the nerf the distance or the damage,from all new weapons i only saw squids/octolings using bloblobber,oh i seen 1 squid using light tetra dualies x.x i did buy the bloblobber and i start to get the urge to use it in matches myself now that it's still a bit OP lol

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Plus it fits in better with the established mechanics of the Bubble Blower, which is the same concept but upscaled.
Honestly, the idea of adding a mechanic like that on a main weapon just doesn't sit well. The purpose of the main weapon is to essential be the old reliable weapon that subs and specials are not. So the ability to shoot out specifically this weapon's projectiles kind of makes it less reliable.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Just needs a decrease in how much damage it deals to objects, all that needs to be done imo.

git gud?
adapt?

But seriously the rate of fire rewards spamming shots and making a wave of death.
It's impossible to engage with most weapons.
Not at all, the shots are slow moving making them easier to dodge and harder for the opponent to aim. Pretty much any weapon that get's within range has the advantage as long as they keep moving.

The range goes further than most sniper weapons, shown in that video. You must be clearly joking.
In that specific instance, but not on most maps. Even then, with the slow shot velocity actually hitting people at such distance is nigh impossible unless they're just standing still for some reason.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I don't think it's OP, but I DO think it needs some kind of nerf. So far I've put into the category of "insanely hard to use but a monster if you figure it out" along with Bamboo ||, Ballpoint, Custom Hydra, Nozzles, and Explosher. I think the biggest problem with it right now is that it combines too many pros with not enough cons. 1-shot if you can aim well, range around that of Splat Charger, great painting, GIANT bullets, a good kit, and the ability to kill over and around walls. It's just too much. I would nerf the range to the Jet/Heavy/Bamboo tier, and make the smaller bubbles (after the 2nd bounce) do only 24 damage, so the smallest bubbles will only kill if the enemy has taken some damage beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom