• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Callie and Marie!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After watching higher quality footage of the direct, Callie and Marie's models are better then I originally thought. I'm glad for that.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
They are very cute. I think some people think they are creepy, though.

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
They're, uh, interesting. Something more for the dark side of the internet to take advantage of.

They definitely reminded me of Puffy Amiyumi which I guess is, uh, good? I dunno. They don't really seem like relevant characters. I mean I like their designs but they aren't really important.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
They're, uh, interesting. Something more for the dark side of the internet to take advantage of.

They definitely reminded me of Puffy Amiyumi which I guess is, uh, good? I dunno. They don't really seem like relevant characters. I mean I like their designs but they aren't really important.
They're part of inkling culture, which is basically a mirror of Japanese youth culture.

In Japan, idols are typically expected to be multi-talented. They sing and dance, model, appear on TV, act in movies, etc. Callie and Marie are pretty much exactly that--they're a pop group, but also hosts of their own news show and the hosts of special events.

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
I think their inclusion is pretty smart, I mean they're pretty ideal people for a bunch of 14 year-olds to listen and look up to, right?

Their designs are kinda weird and out there, but does mesh with the Japanese Pop Idol style so that's probably what they were aiming for.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I like at how if you listen close enough, you can make out some of the words that they are singing.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I'm fan of how out there their designs all. Really makes them pop. :3

Japanese pop stars really do fit in this world they created. And especially with all these character designs.

I like at how if you listen close enough, you can make out some of the words that they are singing.
Oh, can you? : o

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
I feel silly actually loving fried shrimp and not picking up on the calamari vibe :oops:

And while I'm not a real fan of them aesthetically, I think them along with all the shopkeepers, the hero mode guide, and all the other NPCs give the game more character and personality outside of the player versus player environment, similarly to that of townsfolk in Animal Crossing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom