• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Clash Blaster

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
So, just looking at my tower control games, I see Clash blasters more than any other blaster, and not just in TC. Is this a new meta?

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing Clash Blasters as much as I am.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
So, just looking at my tower control games, I see Clash blasters more than any other blaster, and not just in TC. Is this a new meta?

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing Clash Blasters as much as I am.
I have also seen a steady increase of them, mostly because of their now enormous blast radius. Actually, the Clash just seems like a perfect Tower weapon. The blast hits the entire tower, and the Sting Ray is basically a free push.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I am actually one of the players that uses the Clash Blaster excessively in TC (It and Squeezer are my favorite weapon). I wouldn't exactly call it new meta, but with the recent buffs it may be a 1 - per - team weapon.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I prefer Luna out of the two short range weapons. Baller is a little more situational than stingray but it can really aid in a push as a strong offensive weapon. Plus kills with the Luna are more rewarding, and getting a direct I think remains the fastest kill in the game.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I am considering maining Clash for Tower Control. Definitely an over-buffed weapon. I can see it getting nerfs in 3.0

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I am considering maining Clash for Tower Control. Definitely an over-buffed weapon. I can see it getting nerfs in 3.0
Nah, it’s really good on TC like any other blaster.
But otherwise it doesn’t deserve a nerf imo, still get’s out-ranged alot and is pretty bad at turfing.
And well, stingray doesn’t fit it that well either. (The new version with burst bombs seen in the direct may improve upon this)

As for the question: clash can be seen as more ‘consistent’ then comparable blasters like luna due it’s high fire rate.
A luna is an all-or-nothing weapon whille the vanilla and especially ranged blasters rely more on direct hits wich 1-shot.
This can make the clash to be a more appealing blaster on first sight.
Directs with the clash can still be important mind you, but other comparable blasters ‘need’ it more.
A thing the clash also has (and why i love it), is that it can be overall more aggresive (without going all-or-nothing) since it’s fire rate helps with mantaining pressure and leaving no opening while offering enough mobility to not be a sitting duck.
You still have to be careful not to be out-ranged or be out TTK’ed, but by using your terrain well, this can do wonders vs groups of enemy’s.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Jump and shoot, jump and shoot, jump and shoot = 20 kills!

Just kidding! I do agree I've seen way more Clash Blasters. The blast radius seems ridiculous at times, especially when you use old hiding strategies which used to work before the buff, but now they get you easily like any other blaster around the corner.

It is indeed a much stronger weapon now. However, it's too early to say if it needs a buff. It may just be that we're unused to it working like that.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Nah, it’s really good on TC like any other blaster.
But otherwise it doesn’t deserve a nerf imo, still get’s out-ranged alot and is pretty bad at turfing.
And well, stingray doesn’t fit it that well either. (The new version with burst bombs seen in the direct may improve upon this)
The newest datamine says it's actually curling bombs instead of burst bombs, which I think still compliments it more than the current pick. Curling bombs help with its lack of inking. Burst bombs would make for a dope burst cancelling opportunity. Whichever one is correct (Direct or datamine), I'm good with either option. Hopefully its Sheldon's Picks kit will have whichever one doesn't make the second kit.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The Clash Blaster has become waaaay better than it was when the game first launched. Multiple buffs to the weapon itself, and Stingray became a great special. It's the only Blaster I use a lot as it's currently the only weapon I like with Splat Bombs. In general it's more common now, but I wouldn't say it's OP or overused. I still see the regular Blaster much moreso.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
The newest datamine says it's actually curling bombs instead of burst bombs, which I think still compliments it more than the current pick. Curling bombs help with its lack of inking. Burst bombs would make for a dope burst cancelling opportunity. Whichever one is correct (Direct or datamine), I'm good with either option. Hopefully its Sheldon's Picks kit will have whichever one doesn't make the second kit.
In the Nintendo Direct it was shown that it had burst bombs. Playing that set it might be more important to get direct shots for burst canceling. I bet it would benefit from burst canceling, but it might require directs on both the burst bomb and the blast.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
If they give a version of Clash Burst Bombs again, I'm quitting this game.
In the Nintendo Direct it was shown that it had burst bombs. Playing that set it might be more important to get direct shots for burst canceling. I bet it would benefit from burst canceling, but it might require directs on both the burst bomb and the blast.
The direct was inaccurate. The new weapon kits have been datamined very recently.

Here are all of them.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I really feel like the kit shown in the Direct is a Sheldon’s Pick kit (third kit) that will drop sometime after the DLC drops. But maybe that’s just wishful thinking that we might be lucky enough to get both a curling bomb AND burst bomb kit.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
If they give a version of Clash Burst Bombs again, I'm quitting this game.

The direct was inaccurate. The new weapon kits have been datamined very recently.

Here are all of them.

How quickly that Nintendo can change their minds XD. Not a big fan of the that Zink Mini Splatling set though (I am a Mini main)

the

Inkling Commander
@The Salamander King I dunno, the direct could be accurate, but just not implemented in the game yet (though idk if that’s how it works). Do we know if wahoo world present in the datamine?

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Is their a link to the Data Mined stuff? Or who is your source? I believe you I just want to see the whole data mine

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Probably not, it can't paint for crap.
But it can stay back and pick off enemies, behind its Splash Wall. And Ink Armor can help you if you miss a shot. And it also helps your team.
And I thought that the Jet Squelcher was a good support

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
It would have been nice if we would get a compleltly newcweapon in 3.0 like not a variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom