• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Clash Blaster

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Yeah, i meant it fits the clash much more.
It’s one of the few weapons especially made to follow up on tentas. Fire them off and curling bomb a path to them while it’s firing. You can be a one squid murder army.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
It’s one of the few weapons especially made to follow up on tentas. Fire them off and curling bomb a path to them while it’s firing. You can be a one squid murder army.
Yeah I can see it being really good with Tentamissles. Unlike some other weapons that really don't need Tentamissles (cough) Mini Splatling (cough)

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
With the release of the Zimi I thought I would pick up the vanilla Mini and give it a shot again. Doing so reminded me as to why I didn't like that weapon all that much. It's highly mobile, and in that respect the Burst Bombs fit nicely. But Tenta Missiles don't really fit the weapon very well at all, leading to many untimely deaths since the Mini likes to be in that somewhat uncomfortable mid range that is too close to really see where the enemies are with the Tenta Missile reticle but not far enough away to avoid someone simply swimming up to you and hitting you with whatever they happen to be carrying at that time. Such as a roller or a fish.

Reactions: the

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
With the release of the Zimi I thought I would pick up the vanilla Mini and give it a shot again. Doing so reminded me as to why I didn't like that weapon all that much. It's highly mobile, and in that respect the Burst Bombs fit nicely. But Tenta Missiles don't really fit the weapon very well at all, leading to many untimely deaths since the Mini likes to be in that somewhat uncomfortable mid range that is too close to really see where the enemies are with the Tenta Missile reticle but not far enough away to avoid someone simply swimming up to you and hitting you with whatever they happen to be carrying at that time. Such as a roller or a fish.
My opinions exactly. The Tenta Missles just don't do anything for it, they just exist. The Ink Storm isn't much better on the Zink though.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I played a few Clashes today in Clam Blitz, it made me realize it been buffed the point where you don't even really have to aim. I feel like it gets out classes by literally nothing else shortranged, and it is pretty much pointless for somebody to play a Luna. The Clash has become the Luna of Splatoon 2. When you don't even have to aim 28th a weapon it is a sign that it has been over buffed. Also the deal of Blasters+Damage Up in the early first game, where if you stacked up enough damage up you could 1 shot without even aiming. Here it isn't a one shot But it feels like nobodies aiming.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
My opinions exactly. The Tenta Missles just don't do anything for it, they just exist. The Ink Storm isn't much better on the Zink though.
Actually, I would say both Minis work very well with their specials. Think, why would someone play Mini in the first place? Usually it’s because they want good painting, high speed, and decent range. Now think of Missiles and Inkstorm. They are both long range and are thrown out quickly. Seems like a near-perfect fit imo.

If you look at a lot of the weapons in this game, you see a similar thing. .52 plays like a quick agro slayer that doesn’t ink very well. It makes sense that it’s special, Baller, is much the same. Aerospray mg (even as awful as it is) has the “high painting low damage” thing with it’s main and special as well. The same thing is true of both Jets, Blaster, both Sloshing Machines, Sploosh, Roller, And a whole host of other weapons.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I played a few Clashes today in Clam Blitz, it made me realize it been buffed the point where you don't even really have to aim. I feel like it gets out classes by literally nothing else shortranged, and it is pretty much pointless for somebody to play a Luna. The Clash has become the Luna of Splatoon 2. When you don't even have to aim 28th a weapon it is a sign that it has been over buffed. Also the deal of Blasters+Damage Up in the early first game, where if you stacked up enough damage up you could 1 shot without even aiming. Here it isn't a one shot But it feels like nobodies aiming.
It’s a blaster and a close range one at that.
Aiming is supposed to be less important. (Though directs for higher TTK and one-shotiing can still be very important)
I agree that the luna is becoming kinda redundant, even though it’s 1-shot cability’s may still give it a niche for some people.
But 4 indirect shots to kill is a rather high TTK so your really need to catch openents of guard or hit them behind cover, directs can help in a direct shoot out but still...
I wouldn’t say it’s too good or anything vs simliar ranged weapons due it’s TTK.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Actually, I would say both Minis work very well with their specials. Think, why would someone play Mini in the first place? Usually it’s because they want good painting, high speed, and decent range. Now think of Missiles and Inkstorm. They are both long range and are thrown out quickly. Seems like a near-perfect fit imo.

If you look at a lot of the weapons in this game, you see a similar thing. .52 plays like a quick agro slayer that doesn’t ink very well. It makes sense that it’s special, Baller, is much the same. Aerospray mg (even as awful as it is) has the “high painting low damage” thing with it’s main and special as well. The same thing is true of both Jets, Blaster, both Sloshing Machines, Sploosh, Roller, And a whole host of other weapons.
It just doesn't combo together very well IMO, not saying that you have to agree with me but I main the Mini and I think something like a Splashdown would help in close quarters, rather than immaculate missles that sure, might push some people away from a certain objective but that is really what the Mini itself and most other weapons in Ranked are supposed to do anyways. The Splashdown can be used as a panic button. Maybe Sting Ray for Snipers, but eh. I don't think the Tentas are very good if you are just targeting one or two people, and snipers are generally further away from everyone, so not the best.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I do rather like the rain cloud on the Zimi though. It feels as though it exerts more control over the fight than Tenta Missiles do in general. Due to the kind of awkward mid range that the Mini Splatling finds itself playing to, the Ink Storm works well with it by adding supplemental damage to those who don't get out of the area of effect and allowing you to react faster to those who do decide to get out of the rain because you are a bit closer to them with more comfortable range than, say, a Custom Splattershot Jr.

Don't get me wrong though, I like Tenta Missiles. I feel as though they are underrated. While using them you can get a pretty good idea where the enemies are and use that to call out to your teammates, assuming that you have some form of communication. Being able to communicate makes Point Sensors weaker, but I think it could make the Missiles stronger! Food for thought at least.

thundasi

Senior Squid
here is my normal loadout for clash:
https://loadout.ink/#040b0e89ca50b1102428114a5

i only get ink starved from the bomb/shhoot combanation so bomb saver gives me room for a few more shots. clash is most effective in TC as you can wipe a tower quick it works better on compact maps likewalleye port. using your corners to shoot through. been using this gear set for about 3 months now all modes

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Whereas I agree that it looks pretty strong, I do have to ask about the placement of Comeback on that set. Is it doing anything for you that would be beneficial to the performance of the Clash Blaster? If not, I would personally run Special Charge Up so that you can reach the Stingray a bit faster. Especially useful since the Clash Blaster doesn't necessarily paint all that well.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Comeback is really good on basically all frontliner weapons which arguably includes the clash. Comeback gives the equivalent of 5 subs of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up, Swim Speed Up, Run Speed Up, and Special Charge Up for the first 20 seconds every time you respawn (discluding your first life). I don't play clash but I use Comeback on a lot of other weapons like the Slosher Deco, Zimi and the Splattershot. It's a good gear pick imo.

thundasi

Senior Squid
clash range is so short you wanna get vack into comvat so the extra swim/run boost gets you back in faster. throw splat bombs as you swim and your meter will fill off the bombs and Comeback boosted subsaver and ink recovery makes sure you get to the fight with a full tank. for clash and luna comeback cant be overstated.You will die about every 30 sec so being buffed for 2/3 of your up time just makes sense. You might be living longer than that but what are you doing with a clash blaster if your not face pulling a tower? comeback and sub saver are my tips cause bombs are way to expensive for almost any weapon. a few run speed to makeup for the speed reduction while firing.

thundasi

Senior Squid
Is comeback really that strong?
Comeback gives the equivalent of 5 subs of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up, Swim Speed Up, Run Speed Up, and Special Charge Up for the first 20 seconds every time you respawn (discluding your first life).
Note: sub power up aswell

6 abilitys and 5 of each. 30 extra subs EVERYTIME you rez for 20 sec. Every bomb you throw during that time throws farther recharges faster, 15% increase to your special charge.

thundasi

Senior Squid
Just noticed i answered pg 2 and not original post. clash neo will make it considerably more mainstream with the tenta missles being added though i will miss splat bombs. Tc it is great as the shot diameter can a great tower rider freeing the teammates with range to take take care of everyone else.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Comeback is really good on basically all frontliner weapons which arguably includes the clash. Comeback gives the equivalent of 5 subs of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up, Swim Speed Up, Run Speed Up, and Special Charge Up for the first 20 seconds every time you respawn (discluding your first life). I don't play clash but I use Comeback on a lot of other weapons like the Slosher Deco, Zimi and the Splattershot. It's a good gear pick imo.
The problem I have with things like Comeback is that some of that time is used Super Jumping, so if you are using Comeback I like to use Quick Super Jump, which is one of the cases where I feel it is better to use than Quick Respawn.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I have been wondering for awhile now why running Ink Recovery Up would be better than running Ink Saver Main or Ink Saver Sub. I still like Ink Recovery Up, and like using it, but it seems kind of useless to me compared to Ink Saver Main specifically. I was wondering if someone could run an experiment.
Choose any weapon, it doesn't matter.
Have exactly 3 mains of Ink Recovery Up.
Start the timer and them start shooing the weapon until it runs out of ink, then go into squid form, and once the ink tank is completely filled, stop the timer.
Then have exactly 3 mains of Ink Saver Main.
Start the timer and start shooting the same weapon. Once you run out of ink go into squid form and start recovering ink. Once full stop the timer.
Compare the results, which is more efficient?
For some reason I can't wrap my head around this experiment and if the results here actually mean anything, but if they don't can someone please tell me? I do want some sort of proof that it is worth running Ink Recovery, because right now I rather be shooting longer than having to recover faster.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@MotorGamer I think I can shed some light on the idea. Ink Saver Main is more useful for weapons that require way more out of the main weapon than just shooting or weapons that take a lot of ink per shot. This fits for weapons like non-Rapid Blasters, Brellas because using the shield takes ink from your tank, Dualies because of the dodge rolling, the Hydra Splatling, the E-Liters, and the Splattershot Pros to a bit lesser of an extent. These are weapons where the main weapon consumes ink like a demon consuming souls. So you would want to make sure that you can keep going as long as possible, especially in a drawn out fire fight where you will need more ink on a short term basis.

So where does that leave room for Ink Recovery Up? A few scenarios come to mind. Have you ever noticed that after throwing a sub weapon there is a delay between when you throw it and when you can start recovering ink? This is especially noticeable with Splash Walls and Suction Bombs. This can leave you rather high and dry longer than you would like and it would help to recover ink a little faster to get back into the game, right? This is more of a long term plan. Once you run dry, this helps you get back into the action faster.

In the long run, all it really boils down to is when do you need ink? Sooner or later? Of course nothing is stopping you from running both, but often you are going to want other skills to round out a weapon's capabilities. So if you need to pick, that is how I look at it. Hopefully this helps in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom