Splatoon 2 Clash Blaster

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
It would have been nice if we would get a compleltly newcweapon in 3.0 like not a variant.
Yeah, that wasn't likely. There wasn't much left to be made expect variants. The Sorella Brella does look cool though.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
You can always hope though Maybe Dualies with a high fire rate...

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
But it can stay back and pick off enemies, behind its Splash Wall. And Ink Armor can help you if you miss a shot. And it also helps your team.
And I thought that the Jet Squelcher was a good support
That's defence. Support paints the map and helps the team push. Defence stays back as a backline and makes sure enemies can't push up.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Yeah I saw this on twitter too all the kits look really nice, with a few "eh's" from the New Squiffer. Also CRB gonna run out of ink REAL FAST. Carbon looks more like an inkjet machine especially considering how sucky the main weapon is. I think I'll have fun with the Zimi, RBPD, Tri and Bamboo. Most people are just waiting for splash neo though.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I don't play blasters often, but with these new sets I might give some a try.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I am interested about the Burst Bomb Launcher, but why did Nintendo put it on a Bamboozler Of All things?

Last edited:

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I know I notice silly little things, but...

I am interested about the Burt Bomb Launcher, but why did Nintendo put it on a Bamboozler Of All things?
"Burt" bomb launcher?

If these kits remain accurate, then I am highly looking forward to the Bamboozler Mk II and the Rapid Blaster Pro Deco. All in all, most of these kits look like fun! Baller on the New Squiffer though?

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
@The Salamander King Why did you use this cursed image. The one image that ruined all of my hopes and dreams.

Needless to say, this kit is pretty bad for range blaster. Just because the kit doesn't mesh at all. Nothing for up close, bubble blower with the worst DPS weapon in the game, and a non lethal bomb seal the weapon to be kinda bad. I'll use it because it's my main but I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
@The Salamander King Why did you use this cursed image. The one image that ruined all of my hopes and dreams.

Needless to say, this kit is pretty bad for range blaster. Just because the kit doesn't mesh at all. Nothing for up close, bubble blower with the worst DPS weapon in the game, and a non lethal bomb seal the weapon to be kinda bad. I'll use it because it's my main but I'm not exactly looking forward to it.
Can the Range Blaster even pop a bubble in one hit? I don’t think it can...yeah. The set would have been better with a lethal bomb.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Do you like awkward weapons? Ever felt like your weapon was working a little too well and it needed that extra burst of mediocrity to make it sink down into the crowd? Ever want to make your team say, "Why?" with a weapon that isn't an E-Liter? Well fear not! We have the answer to all of those questions and more with the all new...

Custom Range Blaster!

With the new Custom Range Blaster, you can move into quarters you never wanted to with a long ranged weapon with the ever popular Curling Bomb! You can set up Bubbles that you will never be able to pop yourself with the fantastic Bubble Blower! You can be the spreader of chaos with one simple choice! Order your Custom Range Blaster today!

Custom range Blaster comes with everything you see here. Custom Range Blaster may or may not help improve your battle statistics. Custom Range Blaster not to be used internally. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. No substitutions, exchanges, or refunds. Please consult your doctor before taking Custom Range Blaster.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Why do I have this feeling that CRB will become meta again and people will claim they never doubted it? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I really like bubbles on the range blaster just because I never pop bubbles with my main gun anyway -- the main gun is more for maintaining bubbles and bombs are for popping those things. But curling bombs on a range blaster seems like the worst thing ever. I don't even know what the point of that would be.

Curling bombs on the clash blaster, though, seems rad. Not burst bomb rad, but rad enough consider that the gun can't ink worth anything.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
What's that? Are the DS getting playable?

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Do you like awkward weapons? Ever felt like your weapon was working a little too well and it needed that extra burst of mediocrity to make it sink down into the crowd? Ever want to make your team say, "Why?" with a weapon that isn't an E-Liter? Well fear not! We have the answer to all of those questions and more with the all new...

Custom Range Blaster!

With the new Custom Range Blaster, you can move into quarters you never wanted to with a long ranged weapon with the ever popular Curling Bomb! You can set up Bubbles that you will never be able to pop yourself with the fantastic Bubble Blower! You can be the spreader of chaos with one simple choice! Order your Custom Range Blaster today!

Custom range Blaster comes with everything you see here. Custom Range Blaster may or may not help improve your battle statistics. Custom Range Blaster not to be used internally. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. No substitutions, exchanges, or refunds. Please consult your doctor before taking Custom Range Blaster.
The cringe level...
1E6B9BCA-09B3-48E6-A77F-01E5A119F976.jpeg

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
a non lethal bomb seal the weapon to be kinda bad.
The set would have been better with a lethal bomb.
Curling Bomb is very much lethal my dudes. While definitely not ideal, I don't think it's an awful sub for the CRB, gives it a nice mobility boost and can still help pop Bubbles. Perhaps Object Shredder would be worth.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Says the guy using the 2009 meme

Custom Range Blaster!

Thank you. A post that sums up all of my thoughts about the new kit, with a dash of humor to boot. Thank you.

Why do I have this feeling that CRB will become meta again and people will claim they never doubted it? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Honestly though, if it ever becomes hardcore meta, +which I doubt as someone who's maxed out the range blaster in this game with hundreds of hours on the weapon) I will come out and say "Hey I was wrong about the CRB kit sucking".

Now it's time for a range blaster main's pile of salt about the new kit.

Because I want this weapon to be successful. Range blaster has been my main for well over a year, and I've seen a ton of success using it.

I will give it this, a curling bomb + blaster direct combo can pop the bubbles quickly. However, you need object shredder, the bubbles to be on the ground and close to you, and nobody contesting the bubbles. And that's the only thing I see the new kit benefitting over the old kit of burst bomb + stingray. A quick bubble pop for big burst painting is pretty useful for a weapon that can't paint.

However, that combo is situational (much more so than a burst cancel), and the new kit does not help up close. As a burst bomb can help midigate the up close weakness.

"lol just direct them n00b" I've heard this so many times by now, and I can assure you, it's not that easy. Never missing up close is something you can't depend on. If it was, the meta would be filled with H-3's, Squeezers, and chargers. What sounds good on paper is no guarantee for what is good in practice. This game is filled with random and fast movements due to human inputs (especially dualie users).

Now, let's look at today's meta. It consists of mainly Vanilla blaster, N-Zap 85, forge pro, and slosher deco. These weapons are pretty forgiving when it comes to missing once or twice. Forge and N-Zap have fast fire rates (compared to the other two) that minimize intervals of a miss. "Oh I missed a shot, good thing I have another shot coming out in less than a second." And as for vanilla blaster, it has Splashdown and way less endlag than a range blaster. Allowing some forgiveness when missing a shot. Slosher deco is the special case here, as it does well against the other three weapons. But it still has baller to help for an up close fight. And it's more forgiving than a range blaster or an H-3 up close.

Overall, I hope this CRB kit works (trust me I want it to succeed), but it doesn't help the range blaster much up close, and the bubbles require a situational combo to execute.

Thank you for bearing with me, I'm not a huge fan of the kit, and I could be completely wrong about this in the future. But I'll stand by my judgement now, and I'll admit my faults if I need to.

So for now, I'll say:"I love the main weapon, but I despise the new kit of curling bomb and bubble blower"

Thank you for reading

the

Inkling Commander
@ThatOneGuy Do curling bombs auto-splode upon contact with a bubble?

On one hand it’d make popping/upkeeping the bubbles easier, while on a slightly less-useful hand not auto-exploding would let you sneak a curling bomb under the bubbles to attack enemies on the opposite side.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
@ThatOneGuy Do curling bombs auto-splode upon contact with a bubble?

On one hand it’d make popping/upkeeping the bubbles easier, while on a slightly less-useful hand not auto-exploding would let you sneak a curling bomb under the bubbles to attack enemies on the opposite side.
Yes they do, but a curling bomb and direct (with OS) will take like 80% of your ink tank. This thing is gonna run out of ink nonstop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom