• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Competitive Splatoon, will it take off?

Setu

I purposely didn't say the majority, I said a massive pecentage.
Then why would this site even be considered being a replica of smashboards if it is less than 50% smashboards members? You aren't making sense, it's as if you WANT this game to be smash.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Then why would this site even be considered being a replica of smashboards if it is less than 50% smashboards members? You aren't making sense, it's as if you WANT this game to be smash.
Where did I say it was a replica? if it was a replica it would be about smash, be named smashboards and would be a lot bigger with less ignorance in such abundance.
No, i said that there is a lot of smashboards in squidboards, and there is, since apparently you mised the points, here they are again: We are named after smashboards, we are partnered with smashboards and big percentage of our population comes from smashboards. If someone want a forum that is not like smashboards, they are clearly in the wrong place.

Setu

Where did I say it was a replica? if it was a replica it would be about smash, be named smashboards and would be a lot bigger with less ignorance in such abundance.
No, i said that there is a lot of smashboards in squidboards, and there is, since apparently you mised the points, here they are again: We are named after smashboards, we are partnered with smashboards and big percentage of our population comes from smashboards. If someone want a forum that is not like smashboards, they are clearly in the wrong place.
Actually, the beta was not originally partnered with smashboards, and there was no information provided on the beta about plans of being partnered with smashboards. This game is completely different from SSB, so naturally the people wouldn't want it to be treated as such. And the main thing people are worried about is the attitude and treatment that has come from smashboards, not the structure of the forums themselves.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Actually, the beta was not originally partnered with smashboards, and there was no information provided on the beta about plans of being partnered with smashboards. This game is completely different from SSB, so naturally the people wouldn't want it to be treated as such. And the main thing people are worried about is the attitude and treatment that has come from smashboards, not the structure of the forums themselves.
Why would i be talking about the beta? Why would the fact we weren't partnered during beta matter at all? We're partnered now. And considering Rapture is a member of the smash community, I wouldn't be surprised if that was always the hope.
Now I've never been an active member of smashboards, but none of the users from that site have given me any trouble. All the trouble I see comes from people whining about the site and pretty much trying to start beef with people from the site for no reason. For example, bringing them up in a discussion that inno way involved them, or talking about the attitude and treatment of the site when, once again we're partnered with it. I'm not the staff member here, but that doesn't seem like a very smart thing to be doing from my perspective. I've always thought staff should enforce good behaviour, and more importantly, ake members feel they are welcome, not diss the members of a site we're partnered with.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
@Setu @WydrA This is a really pointless debate and not the ideal place for it. Squidboards is not quite Smashboards but definitely has similarities including members and staff. Let's just leave it there.

Chris

Full Squid
NNID
MutedSound1111
And how exactly do you know why "many" people didn't buy the game because of that. Did you poll every single person that was interested in the game but didn't buy it? The fact that it's getting added in with more than likely a FREE dlc, you shouldn't complain. If this was a CoD, battlefield, etc. game they'd charge 20 dollars for that dlc.

Please do not say ignorant things like "because of things like these the wii u isn't selling well."

The wii u is not selling well for a few reasons and one of them sure as hell is not because splatoon didn't give players the ability to invite friends to play on the same damn team as them.
What do you mean how I know? u srs bro? Of course many people didn't buy the game because there's no friend rooms right off the bat, I've seen many people that say this. And just because some games do terrible dlc deals doesn't mean nintendo's dlc policy gets a pass what kind of logic is that.
Also you do realize there would be a huge uproar if this game didn't have free friend rooms, right?

Yup, suggesting that the Wii U isn't selling because of decisions Nintendo makes regarding their video games is ignorant. okay

No voice chat, no friend rooms, the lack of any way of communicating with other people in a team based shooter, Nintendo's refusal of adapting to the modern day is why the Wii U isn't selling...

If you don't see faults in this then clearly you're a blind fanboy

also stop stalking me bro, it's creepy

Vexen

Senior Squid
NNID
Vexen_IV
What do you mean how I know? u srs bro? Of course many people didn't buy the game because there's no friend rooms right off the bat, I've seen many people that say this. And just because some games do terrible dlc deals doesn't mean nintendo's dlc policy gets a pass what kind of logic is that.
Yes I'm serious, there could be many reasons why people didn't buy the game, from not being interested, dislike the game play, dislike the controls, dislike the look of it, etc. So I ask you again, did you personally email every single wii u owner that did not buy splatoon why they didn't? And I'm not saying they get a free pass, but complaining about what they put in a DLC is utter nonsense. "Boohoo I have to wait 2 months to have friend rooms on a game and its going to be in a free dlc. this is so unfair the devs should do what everyone else has done"

Also you do realize there would be a huge uproar if this game didn't have free friend rooms, right?

Yup, suggesting that the Wii U isn't selling because of decisions Nintendo makes regarding their video games is ignorant. okay

No voice chat, no friend rooms, the lack of any way of communicating with other people in a team based shooter, Nintendo's refusal of adapting to the modern day is why the Wii U isn't selling...
Yep, the Wii U isn't selling well exclusively because of all these missing features from splatoon, lets ignore the fact that since the launch of the Wii U that it hasn't been selling well and just blame everything on the splatoon dev team for not having features that other games have.

Do you know how big of a brat you make yourself out to be?

Yes there are faults with the game, every game will have faults in it, look at how ****ing buggy day 1 AC: Unity was and how long it took the devs for ubisoft to fix an incomplete game!

Also, the fact that you think I'm "stalking" you is hilarious, I didn't know I had to look to see who wrote something before being able to reply to an ignorant comment. I replied on a comment that just happened to be ignorant and just happened to be written by you, get over yourself kid.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
I've heard it as him calling people fanatics, but that's beside the point. He obviously has a problem with competitive players or brawl wouldn't have been how it was, plain and simple. I'm not hating on the game by the way, I love Brawl just as much as any other smash game, in fact it's the game that got me into competitive smash, and a game i still like to watch. However, that doesn't change the fact that sakurai got rid of as many competitive things from melee as he pretty much could. things that no one was complaining about. the only time the debate about competitive or not became an issue was after brawl came out, when Sakurai made it an issue. Had brawl been competitive in a similar way to melee, everyone would've been happy. but Sakurai was out to get the community and so he tried to destroy the game for them.= This is further proved if you look at the things he removed and added. Things that could not have been things he got rid of just for making the game the game. Not to mention he pretty much bragged about purposely spitting in competitive players' faces by adding random tripping and strutting around about it. I don't know why you're trying to pretend this is some myth or rumour people out for Sakurai have made up. there are boatloads of evidence to support these claims. People absolutely love smash, the competitive community moreso than anyone else. At the time brawl came out, absolutely no one was looking to jump down sakurai's throat, if anything he was worshiped. He made the game everyone loved so much. He made an enemy where there was none before. That's just the history, plain and simple.
Also I don't know hoew you can claim he didn't think about them when he's already more than acknowledged theur existence, and further more stated that they did factor into how he created the game, except with a negative bias. That's completely contradictory.
Also I don't know where you live that everyone hates MKDS. I never played that game competitively, or even met anyone that did, but i knew a LOT of people that had it, and all of them loved it to death. Myself included. Same for double dash, although i don't even know what you're talking about how if they were online people would have called them wrong. Wrong about what?

Finally I have no idea what you mean by "this isn't smashboards" but I think you should take a little look into who the forum is partnered with, who it's named after, and where a massive percentage of this community comes from. I think you'll find that this forum is much more smasboards than you think it is.
The first two games were accidents. There's no denying this. L-canceling was created as a way for CPUs to cheat and could be performed by players as an Easter Egg. Melee's fall speed was terrible for casual players, namely because it made offstage gameplay, what made the whole "extreme sumo wrestling" idea worthwhile mind you, too difficult to even try as a casual. Melee and 64 had tons of problems casually, and Brawl fixed all of them. The entire game concept was created as an answer to the overly complex and anti-casual fighting games at the time. You're essentially complaining that Brawl was more true to the original concept then the last two. It's about at this point most people give up because they can't comprehend that the games were never designed for them and Brawl was the fix the series needed.

No no, it's a rumor. Show me right now if it ain't.

Somebody never played MKDS online. How do you not remember everybody and their mother complaining about snaking online? People didn't complain about MKDD because there was no online, and if Brawl had been more like Melee people would of complained just as much. The average consumer hates cheaters. The average person that both series were sold to.

I say this because we should be on Smashboards if we want to continue this conversation instead of derailing a topic in a completely different forum.

SiKH

Inkling
NNID
Over_The_Heat
I mean we have to find out in August since that's when the update of the private rooms occur. I'm hoping the competitve Splatoon will work well. Especially if leagues or tournaments coming in as well for clans and solo's.

WydrA

Inkling Commander

It is ignorant. If you want to suggest people didn't buy the game becaus ethey're waiting until friend room sare a thing, then ok, that makes sense. Saying people wouldn't buy the whole frinking system because no friend rooms? There are probably like 200 cases of that worldwide. That's just ridiculous.
Suggesting the Wii U isn't selling because of Nintnedo's decisions with games is even more ridicuous. Wii u has the most highly rated games than any other current gen system. The Wii U has its problems and its reasons for not selling, but only very ignorant people suggest its because of choices Nintendo is making regarding their games. Especially something like friend lobbies on a game that isn't likely to be a system seller. That statement bleeds ignorance from every orifice.
Also what does it matter what the uproar if friend rooms weren't coming would be? They are coming so it's completely irrelevant to the amount of "uproar" (I use the term loosely here) about the fact they aren't there day 1.

P.S
Calling someone a blind fanboy because they say your reasoning behind lack of sales is ignorant? Beautiful ad hominem. That incredibly well supported argument practically had me on my feet and applauding. How could someone ever refute a factual statement like that?

That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
The first two games were accidents. There's no denying this. L-canceling was created as a way for CPUs to cheat and could be performed by players as an Easter Egg. Melee's fall speed was terrible for casual players, namely because it made offstage gameplay, what made the whole "extreme sumo wrestling" idea worthwhile mind you, too difficult to even try as a casual. Melee and 64 had tons of problems casually, and Brawl fixed all of them. The entire game concept was created as an answer to the overly complex and anti-casual fighting games at the time. You're essentially complaining that Brawl was more true to the original concept then the last two. It's about at this point most people give up because they can't comprehend that the games were never designed for them and Brawl was the fix the series needed.

No no, it's a rumor. Show me right now if it ain't.

Somebody never played MKDS online. How do you not remember everybody and their mother complaining about snaking online? People didn't complain about MKDD because there was no online, and if Brawl had been more like Melee people would of complained just as much. The average consumer hates cheaters. The average person that both series were sold to.

I say this because we should be on Smashboards if we want to continue this conversation instead of derailing a topic in a completely different forum.
Now you're just making things up. L cancelling was made so computers could cheat and as an "easter egg"?
What?
Yeah you're really gonna need to source that one since it goes against what Sakurai himself has said about l cancelling.

Melee's fall speed was terrible for casual players?
What??
The only times I've ever heard complaint of melee's fall speed being to great is when people have just switched from brawl to melee for the first time or after a long time. When the game was the most recent installment )before brawl came out) pretty much no one complained at all. It takes like a day to get used to. I would know since I've done the switch before. If you play both regularly the switch takes like 10 seconds.
Also I have never seen casual go for offstage gameplay in brawl. Not unless they watch competitive players or are trying to play competitively. When you're a casual, doing so doesn't "make sense". Why go offstage and possibly get hit or mess up my recovery so i can hit them once? i can just stand here and he'll come back and I'll throw some item at him or something.
Melee and 64 had little to no problems casually because casuals don't actually care about who's winning. Casual are in it 90% just for fun, thus why they're happy to play with items randomly popping up and falling from the sky on stages where ou can randomly get killed. As long as they have some really weird, random stuff happen, they're generally having fun. Thus why both smash bros installments before brawl were massive hits and have gone down in video game history. They did casual perfectly.
On that note I'd like to break to point out to you that you seem to think that competitive players were some massive community that accounted for a huge amount of melee sales. You are incredibly mistaken. There were only a couple thousand competitive smash players at the end of Melee's lifespan. That's out of 7 MILLION sales total. I guarantee you at least 95% of those sales were casuals, so they clearly didn't have a problem with the fall speed, or anything else casual. Suggestion they did is quite frankly ridiculous. It's the best selling gamecube game of all time, and you're making it seem like that was mostly competitive players. Once again:
What?
Anywy Brawl was indeed closer to what Sakurai wanted smash to be, but that doesn't mean it was the best way of making the game. He purposely stepped on the most loyal part of its fanbase so he could fulfill that "vision" without it actually benefiting even the casuals. If brawl had come out and it would've been project M, neither camp would've complained. The casuals would still have all their fun, and the competitives would have as well. Instead he decided that competitive people have fun the "wrong way" and purposely made a huge, unnecessary push towards the casual side of things. Cause eff people who want the most skilled player to win the most games, right?
By the way the only time you can say anything was an accident was the fact that brawl still ended up having an incredibly high skill ceiling because of numerous things Sakurai didn't realize the engine would let you do.

I'm just going to ignore that last paragraph so we can ignore the fact you're still ignorant enough to believe competitive smash players are cheaters, and even more ignorant in thinking it would've hurt sales in a game whee practically no one played online frequently.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Now you're just making things up. L cancelling was made so computers could cheat and as an "easter egg"?
What?
Yeah you're really gonna need to source that one since it goes against what Sakurai himself has said about l cancelling.

What??
The only times I've ever heard complaint of melee's fall speed being to great is when people have just switched from brawl to melee for the first time or after a long time. When the game was the most recent installment )before brawl came out) pretty much no one complained at all. It takes like a day to get used to. I would know since I've done the switch before. If you play both regularly the switch takes like 10 seconds.
Also I have never seen casual go for offstage gameplay in brawl. Not unless they watch competitive players or are trying to play competitively. When you're a casual, doing so doesn't "make sense". Why go offstage and possibly get hit or mess up my recovery so i can hit them once? i can just stand here and he'll come back and I'll throw some item at him or something.
Melee and 64 had little to no problems casually because casuals don't actually care about who's winning. Casual are in it 90% just for fun, thus why they're happy to play with items randomly popping up and falling from the sky on stages where ou can randomly get killed. As long as they have some really weird, random stuff happen, they're generally having fun. Thus why both smash bros installments before brawl were massive hits and have gone down in video game history. They did casual perfectly.
On that note I'd like to break to point out to you that you seem to think that competitive players were some massive community that accounted for a huge amount of melee sales. You are incredibly mistaken. There were only a couple thousand competitive smash players at the end of Melee's lifespan. That's out of 7 MILLION sales total. I guarantee you at least 95% of those sales were casuals, so they clearly didn't have a problem with the fall speed, or anything else casual. Suggestion they did is quite frankly ridiculous. It's the best selling gamecube game of all time, and you're making it seem like that was mostly competitive players. Once again:
What?
Anywy Brawl was indeed closer to what Sakurai wanted smash to be, but that doesn't mean it was the best way of making the game. He purposely stepped on the most loyal part of its fanbase so he could fulfill that "vision" without it actually benefiting even the casuals. If brawl had come out and it would've been project M, neither camp would've complained. The casuals would still have all their fun, and the competitives would have as well. Instead he decided that competitive people have fun the "wrong way" and purposely made a huge, unnecessary push towards the casual side of things. Cause eff people who want the most skilled player to win the most games, right?
By the way the only time you can say anything was an accident was the fact that brawl still ended up having an incredibly high skill ceiling because of numerous things Sakurai didn't realize the engine would let you do.

I'm just going to ignore that last paragraph so we can ignore the fact you're still ignorant enough to believe competitive smash players are cheaters, and even more ignorant in thinking it would've hurt sales in a game whee practically no one played online frequently.
Sakurai never said a word about L-canceling. But the CPUs do in fact use it, and the fact that it's never hinted to in-game and would never arise organically with how important it is should be proof enough that it wasn't considered to be an important mechanic. No depth to it either. It's like the extended grapple easter egg. You're really going to need a source.

When Brawl first came out the casual Melee "veterans" were shocked that people would attack offstage, and complained. Thanks to Brawl's weaker gravity it's now accepted as the norm. Sakurai made the change specifically for this and not spite.

I've argued exactly that the hardcore playerbase is only 1% of Smash fans. Where in the world did you get the idea that I thought they accounted for any more?

Nope, people would be complaining about L-canceling being a crappy mechanic and that the game isn't as simple as it was supposed to be. No techniques, just base gameplay is what people want. And we basically have it with SSB4.

People didn't see snaking as cheating? Uh, yeah, they did. People see piddly little firehopping as cheating in MK8. People also see Wavedashing as cheating, but since it was never given an online "spotlight" you don't see it come up. Brawl was actually one of the most played Wii games online, so yeah, it had to be removed like snaking was so people wouldn't complain.

What you don't realize is that the man actually supports competitive play, but not over casual play in Smash. Kid Icarus's weapon fusion system is basically an all-around better Pokemon breeding system, and creates a massive skill gap. One which Sakurai is proven to support, since you get professional level weapons from clearing the hardest challenges (harder then Smash 4's challenges even) and he's tweeted pictures of his weapons that would still be viable in the incredibly fast-paced OHKO/ORKO focused game today. You're just going off of biased assumptions without looking at the full picture.

Setu

What?

What??
What?

I honestly don't see where your posts are going, and why you're being so defensive. It's almost as if the fact that someone doesn't like anything smash-related, you act as if it is offending you. My original point I tried to make was that this is not smashboards, it is in fact, "Squidboards". Them being partnered does not have anything to do with them being the same. The content of the forums are completely different(except with exception to some of the stupid arguments that are basically clones of arguments on the other site), the members are very different, the staff is almost completely different, and, the game is completely different.

Also, it's kind of sad how off-topic this thread is becoming, so if people would mind the op, I would appreciate it.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Sakurai never said a word about L-canceling. But the CPUs do in fact use it, and the fact that it's never hinted to in-game and would never arise organically with how important it is should be proof enough that it wasn't considered to be an important mechanic. No depth to it either. It's like the extended grapple easter egg. You're really going to need a source.

When Brawl first came out the casual Melee "veterans" were shocked that people would attack offstage, and complained. Thanks to Brawl's weaker gravity it's now accepted as the norm. Sakurai made the change specifically for this and not spite.

I've argued exactly that the hardcore playerbase is only 1% of Smash fans. Where in the world did you get the idea that I thought they accounted for any more?

Nope, people would be complaining about L-canceling being a crappy mechanic and that the game isn't as simple as it was supposed to be. No techniques, just base gameplay is what people want. And we basically have it with SSB4.

People didn't see snaking as cheating? Uh, yeah, they did. People see piddly little firehopping as cheating in MK8. People also see Wavedashing as cheating, but since it was never given an online "spotlight" you don't see it come up. Brawl was actually one of the most played Wii games online, so yeah, it had to be removed like snaking was so people wouldn't complain.

What you don't realize is that the man actually supports competitive play, but not over casual play in Smash. Kid Icarus's weapon fusion system is basically an all-around better Pokemon breeding system, and creates a massive skill gap. One which Sakurai is proven to support, since you get professional level weapons from clearing the hardest challenges (harder then Smash 4's challenges even) and he's tweeted pictures of his weapons that would still be viable in the incredibly fast-paced OHKO/ORKO focused game today. You're just going off of biased assumptions without looking at the full picture.
I can't source you to him specifically talking about it but Brawl is the only game it's not present in. It was in the original, in Melee, and it's an equipment piece in Smash 4. It doesn't mess with the animation and there is no explanation for it from a physics perspective. It's clearly meant to be a part of the game. Also, it may not be a deep tech by itself but it certainly makes the game more deep overall by allowing you to string moves together faster. Cancelling is also a staple in fighting games, and yes while smash is meant to be different from other fighters, that doesn't mean that it gets rid of every single thing the fighting genre had accomplished up to that point. That's all evidence that points toward l cancelling being a technique that was supposed to be found and used.
Your only evidence is that computers do it, and it's not something you were exclusively told about. Somehow this brings you to the conclusion that therefore it must be for computers to cheat with and for players to see and just go "Oh cool, a thingy" even though you have to slow the game down to even be able to see it in a lot of cases. Sakurai may be rather illogical sometimes, but he's not an idiot. He knew that l cancelling would increase the competitive level of the game. His problem was that he had some weird complex where he ended up thinking that someone who took a lot more time to learn the game shouldn't have a much better chance of winning, which is just dumb.
Melee veterans complained about people attacking offstage???
What the ever living-
No, they complained because there was no hitstun and no speed, (which sakurai himself has said is one of the big things that made melee so competitive, I can source you on that if you want) and then to top it off you would randomly fall flat on your face like an idiot for no reason whatsoever and it could cost you a game. No one gave a frink about whether or not scrubs were going offstage or not.
And they still weren't by the way.
Also there is no such thing as the "norm" the gravity and speed has changed for every single smash game. It got faster in smash 4.
I got the idea you said they accounted for more when you tried to tell me that it was competitives who accounted for melee's success and international respect came from that "1%" and not from casuals.
Except that's not what everyone wants, that only what part of the population wants, and like I said before that part of the population wouldn't even notice it was in if Sakurai put it in. Not to mention how does this help anyone? If techniques were in and some people didn't want to use them they don't have to. If people want to they can. But that's not the case, now people who want to can't and people who don't want to in the first place also can't. How is less options and denying a certain part of the population their fun a good thing?
I don't know much about Kid Icarus, but I can tell you that sakurai does not support competitive play in smash period. no one was asking him to make smash more competitive. He didn't have to add anythig, but he went out of his way to do the opposite and removing things that could make the game more competitive and continues to do so. There is no other way to look at those facts.

Anyway you assume i don't understand your position but I do, in fact I used to be in your camp, except even more ridiculous. My friends and i used to ban use of the c stick because it was unfair gamecube controller players could use smash attacks so easily compared to everyone else.
Then i grew up and realized that if everyone can do it it's fair and i'd have to be retarded to think otherwise. Complaining that people can do things you can't do is just salty whining, nothing more.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
I honestly don't see where your posts are going, and why you're being so defensive. It's almost as if the fact that someone doesn't like anything smash-related, you act as if it is offending you. My original point I tried to make was that this is not smashboards, it is in fact, "Squidboards". Them being partnered does not have anything to do with them being the same. The content of the forums are completely different(except with exception to some of the stupid arguments that are basically clones of arguments on the other site), the members are very different, the staff is almost completely different, and, the game is completely different.

Also, it's kind of sad how off-topic this thread is becoming, so if people would mind the op, I would appreciate it.
How am i being defensive? If anything I'm on the "offense" since I'm trying to prove Sakurai's guilt in something. I'm also only stating things that are fact or common knowledge, so I don't know were you got that from. And I'm not going anywhere with anything, I'm just calling out ignorance. Also instead of trying to jump in on my discussion with LancerStaf I would much rather prefer you just respond to the comment that was actually aimed at you.
And I don't care if someone doesn't like smash, I just don't like people spouting false information. Heck I never even got the impression LancerStaff dislikes smash. Quite the opposite.
As for smashbooards I already made it perfectly clear that the two aren't identical and that no one was saying they are. They are however very much similar, which is why they're partnered. Partnered sites generally partner up because they have similar goals, and/or userbases and therefore can expect a healthy relationship between the two (or more) populations. We use the same basic layout o the same type of board, many of our members are actually he same since they come from that site and we have a decent amount of competitive focus. If you doubt that the site is supposed to be even a little similar and that Rapture doesn't want similar things for this boards then you could always ask him why he partnered with them.
But thank you for pointing out the games are different. That's a fact that I definitely didn't notice, and clearly mean the forums are in fact the exact opposites of each other. Well played. /s

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Turf Wars are basically friend rooms as it is since it replaces randoms with people who join you.

Setu

How am i being defensive? If anything I'm on the "offense" since I'm trying to prove Sakurai's guilt in something. I'm also only stating things that are fact or common knowledge, so I don't know were you got that from. And I'm not going anywhere with anything, I'm just calling out ignorance. Also instead of trying to jump in on my discussion with LancerStaf I would much rather prefer you just respond to the comment that was actually aimed at you.
And I don't care if someone doesn't like smash, I just don't like people spouting false information. Heck I never even got the impression LancerStaff dislikes smash. Quite the opposite.
As for smashbooards I already made it perfectly clear that the two aren't identical and that no one was saying they are. They are however very much similar, which is why they're partnered. Partnered sites generally partner up because they have similar goals, and/or userbases and therefore can expect a healthy relationship between the two (or more) populations. We use the same basic layout o the same type of board, many of our members are actually he same since they come from that site and we have a decent amount of competitive focus. If you doubt that the site is supposed to be even a little similar and that Rapture doesn't want similar things for this boards then you could always ask him why he partnered with them.
But thank you for pointing out the games are different. That's a fact that I definitely didn't notice, and clearly mean the forums are in fact the exact opposites of each other. Well played. /s
If you know the games are completely different, why does your reasoning prove otherwise? If you don't want anyone to interfere with your flawed reasoning, please take it into pm or somewhere that won't get clogged, holy crap. Also, I highly doubt the point of partnering with smashboards was so that old conflicts would return, so it would be nice if those conflicts could stay on smashboards. Being partnered doesn't mean it has to be the same as smashboards, idk why you would think it has to be the same. Also if you're wondering why I'm a mod, it's because I want the best for the forums, not because I want it to be like smashboards.

Chris

Full Squid
NNID
MutedSound1111
Yes I'm serious, there could be many reasons why people didn't buy the game, from not being interested, dislike the game play, dislike the controls, dislike the look of it, etc. So I ask you again, did you personally email every single wii u owner that did not buy splatoon why they didn't? And I'm not saying they get a free pass, but complaining about what they put in a DLC is utter nonsense. "Boohoo I have to wait 2 months to have friend rooms on a game and its going to be in a free dlc. this is so unfair the devs should do what everyone else has done"

Yep, the Wii U isn't selling well exclusively because of all these missing features from splatoon, lets ignore the fact that since the launch of the Wii U that it hasn't been selling well and just blame everything on the splatoon dev team for not having features that other games have.

Do you know how big of a brat you make yourself out to be?

Yes there are faults with the game, every game will have faults in it, look at how ****ing buggy day 1 AC: Unity was and how long it took the devs for ubisoft to fix an incomplete game!

Also, the fact that you think I'm "stalking" you is hilarious, I didn't know I had to look to see who wrote something before being able to reply to an ignorant comment. I replied on a comment that just happened to be ignorant and just happened to be written by you, get over yourself kid.
You're not even worth my time to reply why splatoon should keep up to the gaming standards, never reply to me again cause I won't respond and even report abuse

It is ignorant. If you want to suggest people didn't buy the game becaus ethey're waiting until friend room sare a thing, then ok, that makes sense. Saying people wouldn't buy the whole frinking system because no friend rooms? There are probably like 200 cases of that worldwide. That's just ridiculous.
Suggesting the Wii U isn't selling because of Nintnedo's decisions with games is even more ridicuous. Wii u has the most highly rated games than any other current gen system. The Wii U has its problems and its reasons for not selling, but only very ignorant people suggest its because of choices Nintendo is making regarding their games. Especially something like friend lobbies on a game that isn't likely to be a system seller. That statement bleeds ignorance from every orifice.
Also what does it matter what the uproar if friend rooms weren't coming would be? They are coming so it's completely irrelevant to the amount of "uproar" (I use the term loosely here) about the fact they aren't there day 1.

P.S
Calling someone a blind fanboy because they say your reasoning behind lack of sales is ignorant? Beautiful ad hominem. That incredibly well supported argument practically had me on my feet and applauding. How could someone ever refute a factual statement like that?

That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

1) It's called a hyperbole, one of the reasons why people aren't buying a wii u is because nintendo makes bad design choices with their games
2) Mario Kart 8 almost entirely eliminated any huge shortcuts, limited item strategy as well as made a terrible battle mode
Sakurai has been sabotaging Smash's competitive scene since Brawl
Splatoon has neither voice chat nor friend rooms day 1, if this game was on PS4 or Xbone it would have both
Also Splatoon could very well be a system seller as it is the first new IP online multiplayer game on wii u
3) They are coming late, as people who are supporting Nintendo we should get them day 1

Sure, Nintendo doesn't have great 3rd party support etc but they are hurting themselves a lot too

Btw you need to calm down, calling someone ignorant is not helping your case and just makes you look like an *******

Setu

You're not even worth my time to reply why splatoon should keep up to the gaming standards, never reply to me again cause I won't respond and even report abuse

1) It's called a hyperbole, one of the reasons why people aren't buying a wii u is because nintendo makes bad design choices with their games
2) Mario Kart 8 almost entirely eliminated any huge shortcuts, limited item strategy as well as made a terrible battle mode
Sakurai has been sabotaging Smash's competitive scene since Brawl
Splatoon has neither voice chat nor friend rooms day 1, if this game was on PS4 or Xbone it would have both
Also Splatoon could very well be a system seller as it is the first new IP online multiplayer game on wii u
3) They are coming late, as people who are supporting Nintendo we should get them day 1

Sure, Nintendo doesn't have great 3rd party support etc but they are hurting themselves a lot too

Btw you need to calm down, calling someone ignorant is not helping your case and just makes you look like an *******
Mario kart 8's 200cc actually enabled more shortcuts, and having one item at a time actually may or may not require more strategy. I understand that nintendo should be supporting us more but I feel like it may have been a good decision to release dlc periodically(even if it could've been included at release) to preserve hype and I was thinking maybe they just did the dlc thing to prevent people from believing the devs weren't finished with custom lobbies. Just some thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom