Create a dream kit for your main, BUT...

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
my actual main (vballpoint + fizzy bomb + inkjet) is 4 points overbudget so ima have a little fun with this

ballpoint + sprinkler + booyah bomb. ever used the aerospray rg with too much special charge up and thought "man i wish i could also outrange the jet squelcher"? well now you can!

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Tri-Stringer with Mine + Storm

One of the most beautiful kits I can imagine. It would bring me to tears if this got added. I mean it.

Also, Curling should probably be in the 3 Point Tier, and you should allot a total of 7 points so you don't have to pick garbage if you want a Burst, Fizzy, or high-quality special. The 1 Point Tiers are both quite small.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Honestly can't think of anything I'd want under these restrictions.

I suppose it's be nice to improve Vanila Reef with Wall or Reef Deco with Kraken, so I guess that's not completely true. I also wouldn't mind a free Cooler for Zink.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Also, Curling should probably be in the 3 Point Tier, and you should allot a total of 7 points so you don't have to pick garbage if you want a Burst, Fizzy, or high-quality special. The 1 Point Tiers are both quite small.
Giving people a total of 7 points would ruin the point of a lot of the 1-point subs and specials. They're meant to be a bit of a downside for what in my opinion are the absolute best and most flexible subs and specials in the game. The subs worth 1 point are the only ones where I think it's exceedingly rare for a weapon to find benefit from them with any amount of consistency, and the specials worth 1 point in general do way less for a weapon or team than anything higher. If I let people go with 7 points they'd serve no purpose except for debatably Splashdown since admittedly I didn't think about how much players here would be focused on Open rather than competitive play. These are not meant to be perfect kits even if it'll be impossible to balance for every weapon, longer-range ones in particular.

Curling Bomb though, yeah probably. Seems way more popular than the other stuff worth 2 points.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i think line marker and kraken would genuinely be a great kit for stamper (mainly because i can actually hit my line marker shots) and i would have points leftover.
i dont think i need to explain why line marker is perfect for stamper in every way but the short answer is: long range combo with long range projectile, very cheap, and paints feet. +locating but that part doesnt matter that much for this weapon but for the whole team its nice. but its also a weaker sub so nobody can complain when they have to fight it

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Giving people a total of 7 points would ruin the point of a lot of the 1-point subs and specials. They're meant to be a bit of a downside for what in my opinion are the absolute best and most flexible subs and specials in the game. The subs worth 1 point are the only ones where I think it's exceedingly rare for a weapon to find benefit from them with any amount of consistency, and the specials worth 1 point in general do way less for a weapon or team than anything higher. If I let people go with 7 points they'd serve no purpose except for debatably Splashdown since admittedly I didn't think about how much players here would be focused on Open rather than competitive play. These are not meant to be perfect kits even if it'll be impossible to balance for every weapon, longer-range ones in particular.

Curling Bomb though, yeah probably. Seems way more popular than the other stuff worth 2 points.
Fair enough.
It's just a bit of a bothersome spread for me as a midline/support player. My weapons are very kit dependent.
As much as I like both the sub and special, Fizzy Slider doesn't fit on any of the weapons I play. It'd be nice on vBlaster, though.

WAit.
Oh nO.
No blaster has Reefslider right now.

SquinjaSpl

Inkling
So everyone has their dream kits, but a lot of them combine two really broken things. Understandable, I would want my main to be really strong too. A lot of subs and specials are just really outclassed though despite some having really cool synergies with some main weapons on paper. Makes dream kit talks feel a lot more about objectivity rather than what someone specifically wants out of their weapon...so here's an attempt to fix that.

Basically, look at the tier lists below. You have 6 points to distribute across a sub and a special for your main weapon. You can put 5 in one and 1 in the other, 2 and 4, 3 and 3, or you could use fewer points if you feel like it'd be best for one reason or another. What kit would you give your main weapon(s) with these rules and why?

View attachment 9573 View attachment 9572

(i'm sure someone could come up with better tierings than i did but this is just what made the most sense to me)
Torp chumps stamper

Riffy

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7886-8427-4387
Torpedo + Super Chumps on wiper would be the best kit I can think of given the constraints. Obviously torpedo has excellent synergy with the vanilla kit, but the chumps offer a lot of utility for wiper to use: The chumps combo with the main weapon, you can quickly move from chump to chump as a form of cover given your high speed, and it offers a good deal of long range paint that has the potential to paint zone. You can also throw a torp while the chumps are stuck to create a ton of distractions for the opponent to deal with.

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
Easy.
Mini angle shooter crab tank/storm/wail
Bamboozler mine storm/kraken
Hedit beakon chumps
Snipewriter beakon tristrike

Par / Remora

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1499-8134-7406
Tri-Stringer: Storm + Mine. It becomes way easier to finish people off in storm, slight team synergy with the heals, extra paint, and locating from mines, and it's able to much better defend itself using mines and tap shots.

EverGreen

Inkling
432 Scallion Ave Apt. 5A, Flounder Heights
Switch Friend Code
SW-3324-8584-6998
I wish Splat Roller wasn't so kit-dependent...

Curling definitely works on it, but that's gonna make it struggle with retake. I could pair it with Tristrike, but idk about that.
On the other hand, Fizzy is a dream sub for the weapon, and I can potentially see Stamp working on it.

I guess for this, I'm gonna go Fizzy/Stamp (though my actual dream kit is Fizzy/Crab!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom