Customizable hair

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
No thank you. The inkling designs were meant to be singular, iconic, recognisable characters. Too many varieties would make them less memorable.

Maybe in Spla2n, but in this game the inklings need to make a name for themselves.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
No thank you. The inkling designs were meant to be singular, iconic, recognisable characters. Too many varieties would make them less memorable.

Maybe in Spla2n, but in this game the inklings need to make a name for themselves.
I feel the same way and I think the dev team does as well. I am also one of the people that makes my male inkling wear a hat, but for other people the hairstyles look good. I am sure a sequel will build upon it if one ever happens.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
While that would be an incredibly nice option, I don't mind sticking to just drawing customized inklings. That and I don't know if I can handle inklings getting even cuter.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
I think the boy's hair is pretty neato! It's like a top knot kinda' thing which If I recall correctly is pretty culturally relevent to the devs sources of inspiration for the overall aesthetic design of the game.

I've seen some mega cute hairstyles online that people have illustrated however I'd like to see some more social features that take advantage of more customisable looks before we get more implemented in general.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think the boy's hair is pretty neato! It's like a top knot kinda' thing which If I recall correctly is pretty culturally relevent to the devs sources of inspiration for the overall aesthetic design of the game.

I've seen some mega cute hairstyles online that people have illustrated however I'd like to see some more social features that take advantage of more customisable looks before we get more implemented in general.
It is also pretty unique for the male option of a gendered avatar.
Splatoon is so interesting aesthetically.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
So, about the title, I remember the developers saying they had purposefully held back the customization partially because it is the first in the series along with some other answer. Basically, there will most definitely be more customization options in the next game (or maybe even in an update)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
So, about the title, I remember the developers saying they had purposefully held back the customization partially because it is the first in the series along with some other answer. Basically, there will most definitely be more customization options in the next game (or maybe even in an update)
They basically wanted the inklings to be iconic and have a 'default' look for them.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh yeah right! thanks. But I am sure they are open for more customization in the future.
Definitely. I know when it first came out they didn't think the inkling name caught on, but I think they are recognizable enough. I definitely see the theoretically sequel expanding on options.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I agree; despite what the interview said, I think we should have more customization of hairstyles. I don't get how they think it's necessary to establish the basic Inklings in a game where you're motivated to customize your appearance, especially with the wide variety of types of clothes, not to mention your colors change regularly anyways. Besides, most people now DO draw the cover Inklings a lot, so I think they're well-established now. That's my opinion on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom