Customizable hair

Yes, yes! To more hairstyles! Though, I rather wait for that option in a sequel now... Still do not get why some people are against this option, I mean do you wish to be in a world where everyone looks exactly like you expect for two pop star idols? I get that signature inkling girl and boy needs to be shown that their the "first" "true" squids that represent splatoon to the world and not an OC taking over the world of splatoon... I think I just answered my own question... Lol.

Though I know a lot of people who would jump back into a game because of more cosmetics are available for them <--- (one of those people.)
Also I think inkling boy's hairstyle was inspired from the director of splatoon, his hairdo always remind me of inkling boy's :

Pictures are being a bit choppy so here's an interview with the director of splatoon himself with that hairstyle... It reminds me of inklingboy's hairstyle only problem there is that inkling boy has tentacles and the director doesn't. So I've put up a video link of him in an interview uploaded from NI.

View attachment 1421 View attachment 1422 View attachment 1423 View attachment 1424 View attachment 1425

^ Do these hairstyles look "tentacle-style"?
They do! I bet it would hurt to cut your tentacles though...

Yuubi

Full Squid
They do! I bet it would hurt to cut your tentacles though...
Squids can regenerate tentacles at least until their two years old, not sure if this is actually true but from sources that I read squids do not have bones so I don't think it will actually hurt the inklings.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
^ Do these hairstyles look "tentacle-style"?
Remember, inklings must have 10 appendages, like real squid. Most of those you posted break the rule...

I read squids do not have bones so I don't think it will actually hurt the inklings.
They have exoskeletons. Their whole outside is bone. (Don't ask why Captain Cuttlefish has a visible ribcage.)

Yuubi

Full Squid
Remember, inklings must have 10 appendages, like real squid. Most of those you posted break the rule...

They have exoskeletons. Their whole outside is bone. (Don't ask why Captain Cuttlefish has a visible ribcage.)

Yuubi

Full Squid

Okay then I am wrong. I'll admit that... However, Those pictures are pretty good ideals which is why I said a I would rather have a sequel where we would have more options in different hairstyles since the director said that customization is limited because this is the "beginning" or the 1st era of splatoon. I am pretty sure the devs can make a way to make an inkling different or bring up an entirely new "inkling" who was born with differently like one Inkling tentacle is shorter than other inklings or one back tentacle is longer, In that sequel.

Which is why I do not go with the realistic rule factor in splatoon, because this is nintendo... They say one thing and when a sequel comes along some of those ideals that was in the first game are quickly dropped or expanded on.

Well, when Splatwoon comes out, we'll see just how much more freedom we have with the tentacle style of our Inklings. Hopefully it won't dissapoint. ;)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord

Thats what I was saying about the 10 appendage rule.
Also squids don't have bones or an exoskeleton- they are invertebrates and mollusks where their bodies are all soft tissue (minus like the beak/their mouth.) Exoskeletons are what bugs have with a hard shell on the outside of their bodies like armor.

Thats what I was saying about the 10 appendage rule.
Also squids don't have bones or an exoskeleton- they are invertebrates and mollusks where their bodies are all soft tissue (minus like the beak/their mouth.) Exoskeletons are what bugs have with a hard shell on the outside of their bodies like armor.
So that means it wouldn't hurt to cut their tentacles? All I'm concerned about right now is safety.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
So that means it wouldn't hurt to cut their tentacles? All I'm concerned about right now is safety.
Squids can regenerate tentacles at least until their two years old, not sure if this is actually true but from sources that I read squids do not have bones so I don't think it will actually hurt the inklings.
Just because something is lacking in bones doesn't mean it wont hurt/feel pain? Nerves are what sense pain. Also I don't think it would matter about whether or not the devs would put in different hair styles- some of us were just pointing out the 10 appendage and 8 appendage rule they set up for the inklings and octolings.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Really the 10-8 appendage rule works as a way of getting creative with coming up with hairstyles, if they do happen.

Yuubi

Full Squid
Just because something is lacking in bones doesn't mean it wont hurt/feel pain? Nerves are what sense pain. Also I don't think it would matter about whether or not the devs would put in different hair styles- some of us were just pointing out the 10 appendage and 8 appendage rule they set up for the inklings and octolings.
I was thinking about autotomy when I had posted my response to the tentacle being cut off and I also understand the 10 appendages and 8 appendage rule. The point I was trying to get across from here is that every time, an hairstyle topic comes up in splatoon. Someone have always pointed out: "That a squid's physics having 10 appendages and etc, In that perspective that is like saying that this is what Inkling boy and Inkling girl need to look. Changing their hairdo similar to callie, marie or something entirely different will just ruin the whole 10 appendages realistic point and that is why they cannot have a different hairstyle."

When I am just saying that the inklings can have different hairstyles as long as they still have their 10 body parts in tact. Like for instance, Inkling girl pinning her front tentacles in a ponytail, or Inkling boy wearing his tents down, or at least wrap it into a bun?

I know the devs can get creative and make more styles with keeping that "rule factor" in place for inkling girl & boy even with just their current style. They already have said that, but they will like to keep the signature style for at least awhile I am just hoping in a sequel that we can have short or long haired tentacles and have it styled however we wanted. If they can morph into humanoid teenaged kids then, they can grow their tents out.

edit: My net went out and cut some of the post away >_>

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I was thinking about autotomy when I had posted my response to the tentacle being cut off and I also understand the 10 appendages and 8 appendage rule. The point I was trying to get across from here is that every time, an hairstyle topic comes up in splatoon. Someone have always pointed out: "That a squid's physics having 10 appendages and etc, In that perspective that is like saying that this is what Inkling boy and Inkling girl need to look. Changing their hairdo similar to callie, marie or something entirely different will just ruin the whole 10 appendages realistic point and that is why they cannot have a different hairstyle."

When I am just saying that the inklings can have different hairstyles as long as they still have their 10 body parts in tact. Like for instance, Inkling girl pinning her front tentacles in a ponytail, or Inkling boy wearing his tents down, or at least wrap it into a bun?

I know the devs can get creative and make more styles with keeping that "rule factor" in place for inkling girl & boy even with just their current style. They already have said that, but they will like to keep the signature style for at least awhile I am just hoping in a sequel that we can have short or long haired tentacles and have it styled however we wanted. If they can morph into humanoid teenaged kids then, they can grow their tents out.

edit: My net went out and cut some of the post away >_>
I know- also Callie and Marie and the Band art shows the inklings with different hair styles that (At least Callie & Marie, can't remember the rest) stick to the 10 appendage rule. I know you can make different hair styles while sticking to the rule. It was more of a comment to some of the more 'out there' styles that have like hundreds of tentacles, etc. I have seen cool hair styles (and some were even posted in the thread) that work & some don't so it will be interesting what the devs do.

My reply was about the off topic discussion about squids not having bones, etc.

I know- also Callie and Marie and the Band art shows the inklings with different hair styles that (At least Callie & Marie, can't remember the rest) stick to the 10 appendage rule. I know you can make different hair styles while sticking to the rule. It was more of a comment to some of the more 'out there' styles that have like hundreds of tentacles, etc. I have seen cool hair styles (and some were even posted in the thread) that work & some don't so it will be interesting what the devs do.

Also, hand's and feet don't count, cuz that would be disgusting and painful, and who uses hand's in hair? So really, if we were to make new tentacle styles fo rthe inklings, they'd have to stick to 6 appendage rule. Cuz hand hair is disgusting. Unless you wanna do something else with the hand's and feet...

Koopon

Roller/Blaster Main
Switch Friend Code
SW-6418-2499-7488
If Callie and Marie can have hairstyles, then I don't see why not. I like the concept art for it in this thread.

Yuubi

Full Squid

I know your reply was squids not having bones, I responded back to you about it with the autonomy. Even so, I think inkling girl did have had her tents cut before... for one she has bangs. You have to cut some of your hair to get bangs especially the bangs inkling girl has. Callie and Marie does not have bangs in there tents there hair is stylized like inkling girl if you unwrap their buns and take the accessories out of their tent hairs.

Also, hand's and feet don't count, cuz that would be disgusting and painful, and who uses hand's in hair? So really, if we were to make new tentacle styles fo rthe inklings, they'd have to stick to 6 appendage rule. Cuz hand hair is disgusting. Unless you wanna do something else with the hand's and feet...
I do not think anyone was thinking about their humanoid hands and feet need to be cut... xD

Thank Goodness or else this would happen:

^ Exactly and they do some pretty hard landing.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I would like customizable hair, and as for the "Inkling's don't have hair logic", this is a video game, logic technically doesn't have to matter

I do not think anyone was thinking about their humanoid hands and feet need to be cut... xD

If they did cut their hands and feet, it'd be pretty disgusting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom