Drizzle Season 2023 - Hopes & Predictions

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Welp, it's been almost a year since Splatoon 3 came out. Where does the time go?

The end of Sizzle is right around the corner and Drizzle is going to take its place. We'll likely be getting an announcement sometime next week. Of course we will get new weapons, maps, gear, but what else could be in store? A new ranked game mode? More news about Side Order? A new king salmonid? A new sub weapon?

I'm still gunning for Urchin Underpass to return. And considering that Splatoon 1 is living on borrowed time, I would love to see it again before the inevitable happens. On the other hand, excluding D'Alfonsino, the other Splat1 maps got downgraded in transition to 3 so maybe I don't want that. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they skipped out on giving us new stages and instead did renovations to the existing ones currently in game. Like what the did with Mainstage and Shellendorf in 2. Maybe they can start with Mahi-Mahi and Mincemeat as a start. Of course, that's if they decided to revamp the current stages.

For weapons, I really would want a new Tri-Stringer variant. I've been using it a bit recently and I think it's a lot of fun to play, but Toxic Mist is so bad I desperately want anything besides it. I would like an Autobomb/Trizooka kit. Something a bit more aggressive than what we currently have. We ought to get something new with Crab Tank as well, as no new ones have been added since launch. Good candidates would be Octobrush or Blaster imo. Octobrush Nouveau could be Squid Beakon/Crab Tank and/or Custom Blaster's being Toxic Mist/Crab Tank. I know some people probably wish to see less tanks around, but I just want to see some more variety. Especially with a new special that, from my point of view, is one of the coolest they've added to the game.

So what do you want to see out of the season? Do you have any thoughts or ideas?

Cephalobro

I want to see most maps changed, instead of designing them to force player confrontation, I want them to add more complexities so there's room for alternate strategies. In terms of weapons, I just want a new Splatana Stamper variant. But one of the things I want to see, even though it's kind of unrealistic at this point is to bring back the Inkling Boy Shooter/Blaster victory emote from Splatoon 1. There aren't many emotes that scream "cool kid" to me, so that emote would be nice to have.

For Salmon Run, they could bring back the Splatoon 1 Octoling Armor set, but that would require the reintroduction of the Octo Shot Replica, so maybe they will save this one for when Side Order comes out.

Tac

Inkster Jr.
I'm keeping my expectations low (not a huge celebrated anniversary, no new ranked mode, sub weapons, or specials) but I'm definitely expecting a map rework this update or the next. If both Splatoon 1 and 2 got reworks for stages a little over a year after their release, I expect the same for Splatoon 3 especially considering the general consensus being that they're bad or too similar to one another. Not sure which stage is most likely to get/ in need of a rework but the one I'd want most is Eeltail Alley (mostly just because the wider version in the trailers looks cool).

As for weapon kits, I want more crab tank weapons! We haven't gotten any since launch and as of now all 4 users of it are shooters + Splat Dualies (very close to shooters anyways). Really hoping to see it on more weapon types like a splatling or brella. My #1 pick would be Bamboozler, would fit its origins and theme really well imo, especially if they threw on a torpedo or ink mine, plus I think they would synergize well on the battlefield (totally no bias I swear I don't main bamboo). Second kits for Splat Brella, Tri-Stringer, and Explosher are also a must, they're all weapons I love that I think deserve a more fun or useful kit to work with.

I don't have any ideas or hopes for smaller additions so I'm going to skip straight to Side Order. I'm happy whenever it releases but I'm still a bit hesitant on expecting it in Drizzle Season. It might just be a me thing though, Octo Expansion also came out about a year after Splatoon 2 so it could happen? maybe? I don't know, I don't find speculating release dates to be very exciting.

All of that being said if we don't get Splatoween I will riot.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
First off i want the good maps from Splatoon 2 to return...Splatoon 3 really need a balance of good maps *cough* the Reef and Musselforge Fitness *cough*. ngl i want a Octobrush with a better kit because i am currently just not satisfied with them..yeah that's a me thing i know >.< also i still miss some of my favorite outfits from Splatoon 2....

also idk why they suddenly decided that under X rank you can no longer keep playing with the same team..it makes the whole 'change gear in between matches' option just useless if you get a new team anyway -.- so i want them to bring back the option to keep playing with the same team.

Cephalobro

Speaking of maps, I'm actually kind of scared of whatever map they will bring back because they will just oversimplify it anyways. Mahi Mahi Resort was great in Splatoon 1, but it was made so much worse in Splatoon 3.

Reactions: 9DB

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Wouldn't have guessed 2 new multiplayer stages, but they look … alright? Visually, I love them both, especially the arctic stage. That is a local I've been wanting for awhile. And oh man, I can't tell you how much I love being able to adjust hats and tees to have different styles. Unfortunately, the backwards cap isn't so special anymore, oh well.

I should've guessed we were getting a new splatling and slosher. Considering the trend of what weapons have come out previously. Also, "Dread Wringer," what a fantastic name for a weapon.

Last edited:

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I'm looking forward to that new Splatling. It's basically a bunch of tubes of White Out turned into a weapon and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom