Votes: 45 45.0%
  • currently undecided!

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
With such a neutral theme, it will allow more experimentation on getting used to the new splatfest rules without thinking too much about the theme in question (unless Sponegebob is a show that appeals to you).
I certainly hope so! I almost feel like the younger audience will be more likely to pick Spongebob, since he's the protagonist and Patrick is so often made to be the idiot, but since they're both main characters, there should be a good chance!

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Are you feelin it now Mr. Krabs?

But seriously this is such a silly splatfest.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
The level of Squidward jokes on memeverse will be out of this world. I don't know who to choose! Probably Patrick 'Welfare' Star.

Falliiing

Inkling
NNID
falliiing
Im actually excited for this splatfest haha, I will admit I use to watch this show a lot as a kid, who didn't, it was always on TV!
I don't understand why people are so upset over the theme, its better than like sand or snow Im my opinion, at least its kinda fun and we all know the characters.
I'll be on #NOITSPATRICK!

Besides, I need me some snails!!!

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
They're really laying it on the sponsored themes these days, though Japan's is till the better one. (Food is always the better one...even if it's nasty suspicious convenience store/gas station food.)

Still Spongebob? Eugh. I know nothing about it apart from internet memes and that it's something kids are supposed to be into, but seeing the merchandising in stores I always thought it seemed kind of cringy. Coin toss based on whether callie or marie has the better jokes in the intro I guess...

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I think I'll go with team Patrick, but it's not like it will matter anyways, I won't be playing any matches, 'cuz there ain't no S+ in EU. Or it will be ca. 20 minutes between the matches...

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I think I'll go with team Patrick, but it's not like it will matter anyways, I won't be playing any matches, 'cuz there ain't no S+ in EU. Or it will be ca. 20 minutes between the matches...
You will be playing with the NA players. It's combined.

SplatoonNoob

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tml533
FYI my team is hosting a Splatfest party, where we all pick Team Patrick, voice chat together, watch Spongebob, and do a countdown to try to get on the same team (where we shall dominate our way to the top 5!). Most of us are S+ (a few are S). Everyone from this server is free to join our server and partake in the Splatfest fiesta.

Join the server here.

Since EU and NA are sharing the same Splatfest, and can play together, our special guest is Spartan Europe (totally comprised of European players)! Of course, all teams and individual players are welcome to join the fun.

My name is CJ★memes, I'm an S+ and I main the silver dynamo during Splatfest. Last Splatfest, I got 6th place in the NA Top 100. I streamed last Splatfest, and I will stream this Splatfest - and our Splatfest party - on my Twitch

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I saw this on the Splatoon Tumblr but had assumed it to be NA-exclusive and was so happy to be in the EU/OC category...

... whyyy... well... honestly, the Transformers one was worse. I can at least appreciate Spongebob memes, if not enjoy them. But I'll probably do what @Award is planning to and base my choice off the intro jokes.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Ahahahahahahahaha!
Haha.
Ha.
Nice topic.

I'll probably choose Spongebob, since I can't handle Patrick being such a jerk.

Nintendo and Nickelodeon have teamed up to bring a SpongeBob SquarePants Splatfest event to Splatoon players in North America and Europe on April 23.

It will be Team SpongeBob vs. Team Patrick in this cartoony collaboration, which happens to mark the first Splatfest teams in North America and Europe can be matched up against each other.

Fans in North America can participate in the action from 6 a.m. PT/ 9 a.m. ET on April 23 until 12 p.m. PT/ 3 p.m. ET on April 24, while European Splatoon players can play from 3 p.m. CEST on April 23 to 9 p.m. CEST on April 24.

“Two international pop culture sensations meet when the SpongeBob SquarePants Splatfest comes to Splatoon,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “Fun partnerships like this take advantage of the crossover appeal that family-friendly franchises like Splatoon and SpongeBob provide. Personally, I’m team SpongeBob all the way.”
http://nintendonews.com/blog/spongebob-squarepants-splatfest/

Holy Squid, we'll play with and against NA. Players with 1400 Splatfestpower, I hope I won't fail you :scared:

Edit: Wow, 30 hrs Splatfest!
Edit 2: One of my favourite moments in the show is the one where SB and P are on the Dutchmans ship and ship through the rocks. "Noch n Stück. Noch n Stück. " (You're good. You're good... in english version)

Last edited:

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Did they just choose one of the suggestions in the miiverse plaza this time? I will not be able to participate in this one, so can people gather a list of the dankest memes?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, I can say for certain that Nintendo's opened up the door for more multi-regional Splatfests (and maybe even true global ones!).

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ahahaha, poor Europe getting the ****ty theme once aga—wait, NA's getting it too?
......God. Damn it.

Not that I hate Spongebob or anything, I've just never been too big a fan of the show ever since I stopped watching it back in the day. The appeal's lost on me, and with the change in tastes I've had over the last few years, I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it again without finding something to ***** about. Certainly it doesn't help that the various memes get a groan out of me rather than a chuckle.

And they couldn't do a multi-regional Splatfest for Pokémon, but they can for this? What the hell, Nintendo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom